• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Gah777

Smash Lord
Work that Luc.

In seriousness we have tons of friendly and helpful Luca mains here to help you out. (but lazy)
Huh... kinda like the Wolf boards... Except you guys are WAY more productive, although the Wolf boards have been getting a 'lil more productive lately.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I told you guys that Furry loli's were the best of both worlds.

All it took was some Ryumagic to open your eyes.

Zucco

Smash Master
well, of course I would like the pic because I fuggin love Aisaka Taiga to death.

Gah777

Smash Lord
As soon as I can get my Wii hacked (infinite replay), I'll record and upload some vids of my Luc for critique. I'm kinda clueless about stuff like capture cards and video recording and whatnot, can someone give me some tips?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dazzle is the most commonly used method, but any video card works. It's also possible to go old school and use gamebridge. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend. Heck, you can just record off the TV screen with a camera, but terri-bad quality will make it harder to critique.

Gah777

Smash Lord
My advice is bias,

don't ask me stuff =(

but we can talk I guess.

you have a biased opinion about recording?

Dazzle is the most commonly used method, but any video card works. It's also possible to go old school and use gamebridge. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend. Heck, you can just record off the TV screen with a camera, but terri-bad quality will make it harder to critique.
What is Dazzle/Gamebridge and how does it work? Recording off the TV would be extremely ba since all i've got is a cell phone lol

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I know what its like wanting to record stuff but can't. I'd like to get something like a Dazzle, but I have no idea where to begin looking...Im total nabcake. :c

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dazzle is USB video card that connects to your computer and TV so that you can record off of it. Once recorded, you can edit the video. It normally costs around $100, but it's possible to find it on sale through websites, stores, etc. Just search and you'll find a good price if you're lucky.

Dazzle webpage

The left and middle products are commonly used. Check amazon, ebay, Best Buy, whatever store to see them on sale. I actually managed to get mine for about $50, so just be on the lookout for sale prices.

As far as using it, all you have to do is hook it up and then just record.

*EDIT* Here's a guide on how it works. If it sounds too complicated, then you might not want to get into recording videos, lol. But it's easy if you follow instructions.

Alternatively, I stumbled across this thread for people who need replays recorded. I don't know how active it is, but go for it.

Also, if you get dazzle, you can also livestream videos at tournaments since dazzle doubles as a capture device.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Ah, I know what its like wanting to record stuff but can't. I'd like to get something like a Dazzle, but I have no idea where to begin looking...Im total nabcake. :c
yeah, that's pretty much my problem. except i'm hungry and desire snacks. brb.

Steam

Smash Hero
yeah yoshq's the guy i've been waiting a month on mostly because most people want like 20 replays recorded. I only need 2 =/

Milln

Smash Champion
3D Dot Game Heroes just came out, guys. You can create your main character. Considering making a Lucario ut of dots. A Dotcario, if you will. Technically,they're cubes.... Boxcario.

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
Ohh, thankies RT. I've been thinking I should check out places like Future Shop and see what I can find. It'd be a dream come true to record stuff on my own. Up until now I have been getting some replays recorded in bulk by YoshQ, but by the time they're done I have like 10+ more I'd like recorded. Its tough.

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry Steam T__T I won't get anymore replays recorded after this one until I see that everyone else got theirs.

I just couldn't resist some of the my Lucario matches I've had lately..Even though I lose, I've been pretty good as of late. Seems to me YoshQ is just busy so I let him take his time...I always thought that if there were only a few replays he'd do those first since they're easy. :c

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
Ohoh, Skype is good fun. Although, with a bunch of Lucarios in one place....Im afraid of the outcome lul.(I haven't even gone to the IRC yet ^^; )

Top Bottom