• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Personally Green Greens is a favorite stage of mine.
Its weird to see it on the MLG list, but hey, I'm ok with it. I dunno about Pokemon Stadium 2 tho.
-t2

I personally like the stage list exept for PC and PS2. They're too interactive and can really manipulate the outcome of a match. But GG is totally legit. Especially with Olimar.

SPINNING PIKMIN WHEEL OF DEATH

Some variation from the conservative is nice, really.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
So idk if you guys know this but ill ask

what do you guys do when u see a tornado rev'd up on the ground and ur about to land? or even when a tornado is coming dead at you? (i usually shiled and up tilt after its done but not anymore)

some would always air dodge (id smack them cuz whats the point in that, might as well attack) or they would dair most of time if they fall into it from the air but that doesnt beat it most of the time.

so i figured out best option is

double team

i did it on shadow the other day and worked great. its funny that mks glide attack doesnt beat tornado much but double team does lol

i kept telling zucco to do it when we were playing doubles and he kept saying "waaaah! no that move sucks! waaah!" and eventually he did it to on of my nados and i died.

start using it! (not like every mk uses nado much tho. only the ones the know the matchup or think nado is too broken so they abuse it like noobs lol)

gogogogo

id open up a thread about this but

1. i dont know how

and

2. i dont think its necessary

iRJi

Smash Champion

what do you guys do when u see a tornado rev'd up on the ground and ur about to land? or even when a tornado is coming dead at you? (i usually shiled and up tilt after its done but not anymore)

some would always air dodge (id smack them cuz whats the point in that, might as well attack) or they would dair most of time if they fall into it from the air but that doesnt beat it most of the time.

double team

i did it on shadow the other day and worked great. its funny that mks glide attack doesnt beat tornado much but double team does lol

i kept telling zucco to do it when we were playing doubles and he kept saying "waaaah! no that move sucks! waaah!" and eventually he did it to on of my nados and i died.

start using it! (not like every mk uses nado much tho. only the ones the know the matchup or think nado is too broken so they abuse it like noobs lol)

gogogogo

id open up a thread about this but

1. i dont know how

and

2. i dont think its necessary
I am cosigning this. Also Ksizzle, post some of the videos for a demonstration.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Double team is 2 frames slower than an airdodge. (6 frames vs 4)

Food for thought.

It's also tied with jab and grab as our fastest offensive ground action.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Excellent idea. I never thought of it before; I used to use Double Team sometimes but it had been beaten outta me. xD
Videos pl0x, I sayssss.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
@kita
Landing air dodge = 2 frames landing lag
And it's not offensive.

If you miss the DT, you're ****ed.

BUT

If you land the AD, you're ****ed.

Isn't the chance of hitting back better than nothing?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
@kita
Landing air dodge = 2 frames landing lag
And it's not offensive.

If you miss the DT, you're ****ed.

BUT

If you land the AD, you're ****ed.

Isn't the chance of hitting back better than nothing?

Airdodges have standard landing lag as far as I know. They shouldn't be 2 frames all the time. They should be 4+ frames if you land from high up or fastfall just like any other standard landing.

Also, yes, Double Team is an offensive action.

And also yes, you have completely misunderstood me. :\

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Kita, consider who you're talking to.
I don't know **** about this game, in terms of strategies and frames and stuff.
Someone next to me was saying that, I just posted it for him :U

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

double team
if im being approached at that angle that doesnt sound too bad. The only thing for me not to use it in that situation is if whether or not i know the MK is committed to REALLY coming at me with a grounded Nado. He can always retreat with it if he sees my DT

I'd have to be careful to not get baited into DT in that situation as well

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Personally Green Greens is a favorite stage of mine.
Its weird to see it on the MLG list, but hey, I'm ok with it. I dunno about Pokemon Stadium 2 tho.
-t2
Why is there never any love for Pokemon Stadium 2? I love that stage.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I am cosigning this. Also Ksizzle, post some of the videos for a demonstration.
right on it

and idk why u guys are saying "if you miss the double team, your ****ed"

why would you miss it? the tornado is right below you and as you fall into it, u activate it and u ****. if the guy is approaching with nado, hes expecting to pressure your shield and mindgame you by swerving it. activate double team and you dont get hurt, and dont have to use your shield and get a high chance at giving damage/killing depending on percent.

lol

edit: cant do it till my brother comes home or RJ comes over or somehting cuz my cpus dont like to nado and i cant control 2 controllers lol

Trela

Smash Lord
No move that Lucario has is worthless!

Ksizzle be proving it.

DT looks like it can provide us with more options for recovering against a MK (when your above him, that is). I'm going to try it out this weekend!

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Why is there never any love for Pokemon Stadium 2? I love that stage.
PS is love.
PS2 is not. :|
I just find the stage effects more annoying, as they directly hinder you as opposed to throwing less-flat terrain at you.
Plus, older Pogeymenz ftw.

What? I thought using DT was standard against nado. |:/

So I was confused as to why there was always so much hostility towards it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just know that if MK triggers the DT, he can just rise above it with nado and then punish you. Not saying it will happen, but don't expect it to be 100% guaranteed. And as seen in the video, it's possible for DT to clank with it. <_<

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
No tornado wont munish you. in fact even if you go through with DT and you finish the animation, mk will most likely be in the air and YOU will be the one to punish him.

im pretty sure you can shield after the animation in case of anything anyway

most imortantly, he wont see it coming. so he wont "prepare" for anything.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm just speaking from my own experience.

Maybe I'm just unlucky.

When I do some stuff, it doesn't work. But when other people try it, it works.

Ah well...

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Holy **** guys but I forgot to tell you.

Some girl in my new school went bat**** insane after she was taken out of class for loud music.

****ing broke a window with her head [DK SIDEB!]

I ****ing love my new school holy ****.

unrelated: Iphone 3G gets good camera quality.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Wifi lag?
What is this lag you speak of? :0

I love my wifi ¦3

Also

I just drew that on stream, though pretty much no one was watching :<

Top Bottom