• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUGUST 15 - 16th - ROFA'S MIDWEST CIRCUIT EVENT - GONNA BE HYPE AS **** IN ANN ARBOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Are vidjo or any of the ohio guys going to this?

Anyway, ill be there saturday. Dunno about friday yet. Gonna be good to see everyone i know from b4, and some new MI people.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright guys, here's the deal:

Rofa and I met up with the venue representative today and she gave us a lot of rules and a lot of information regarding the building. The main post will now (finally) be updated within the next hour. The entire first post will change so I need everyone to reread it as soon as it is done and I will post here again to confirm that it is. Please read it.

To Hot Arms: No there is not parking at the venue HOWEVER, we have a solution so don't fret. Check the first post within the hour.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
crews better not just be a bunch of good people getting together to win easy money. They better be real crews. >:\

If they aren't?

Overswarm Vidjo DSF Blood Hawk Anther FTW?

=P

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
crews better not just be a bunch of good people getting together to win easy money. They better be real crews. >:\

If they aren't?

Overswarm Vidjo DSF Blood Hawk Anther FTW?

=P
any crew im on will beat any crew ur on i dont care if u use possibly 50% of the top players in the country let alone the region

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
well looks like i'll be going to the cave... got no ride and the cave is 30mins away but this would have been more fun kinda sucks but oh well.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
LOL JV where u been lol :)
Haha, been busy with everything dude. Glad ur back from florida. We needs some peeps from MI with a chance at winning this thing (and u better be bringing some M2K tricks). Oh does vidjo have a cell yet? Can u pm me the number or his house number. He still has my remote from way back at his first brawl tourney.

Levitas, haha ive played so little brawl i need to avoid MMs for now. Loved to be there though and get some more play in, but my girl is in town, dunno if i wanna drag her to both days.

Ankoku/Vayseth will be good to finally see ya guys! Ann Arbor Parking directions ftw!

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright guys, the main post has been fully updated. I suggest everyone read the OP over and ask if you have questions. Copies of the rules will be available upon arrival.

Thank you and I can't wait until tomorrow <3

Scala

Smash Ace
Hm if someone wants to team with me I'll be interested in doubles.

edit:
I also think that the side tournament should just be a regular ($5) singles tourney, since a lot of people are coming that don't think they have a chance in saturday's tournament, and don't want to commit $15 dollars. Also, are people really going to want to chuck $5 for the random tournament? It's sooo luck based. That's why I liked it being a dollar. You can just be like eh whatever and have fun with it instead of getting all serious.

shameless self promotion:
Buy cheap stuff to pay for my tournament fees: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187999

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
BANNED:
Green Greens

Oh **** you. Now I have to actually think about what to ban.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
i dont understand this rule

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
(Note: This applies ONLY to Bowser and is not the case for Ganondorf, Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, or any other characters that have a suicide maneuver).

im pretty sure those moves still take stock so..... are those manuvers banned or..... they just lose if they do them or...... i dono i may be just high....

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Hm if someone wants to team with me I'll be interested in doubles.

edit:
I also think that the side tournament should just be a regular ($5) singles tourney, since a lot of people are coming that don't think they have a chance in saturday's tournament, and don't want to commit $15 dollars. Also, are people really going to want to chuck $5 for the random tournament? It's sooo luck based. That's why I liked it being a dollar. You can just be like eh whatever and have fun with it instead of getting all serious.

shameless self promotion:
Buy cheap stuff to pay for my tournament fees: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187999
wait, theres a side singles tourney there too for 5 bucks?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!! THERE IS A $5 SINGLES TOURNAMENT AT 8 O CLOCK ON FRIDAY!!! (TOMORROW!!). THE RULES FOR IT ARE ON THE MAIN PAGE. ITS A RANDOM TOURNAMENT!!! WOOO. THE MAIN EVENT ISN'T UNTIL THE NEXT DAY (SATURDAY). DOUBLES AT 12 and SINGLES AT 4.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN THE BIWEEKLIES USED TO BE!!! THE ADDRESS IS 1534 HILL STREET (2 BLOCKS AWAY) PARKING THERE WILL BE DIFFICULT SO I WILL POST A MAP ABOUT WHERE TO PARK IN A BIT

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
OH **** IM WINNING THE RANDOM TOURNEY!!!

im jp :-p

and rofa im knocking you out of brackets this time :)

also i need a nice bed ot sleep on due to medical issues someone please help?

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!! THERE IS A $5 SINGLES TOURNAMENT AT 8 O CLOCK ON FRIDAY!!! (TOMORROW!!). THE RULES FOR IT ARE ON THE MAIN PAGE. ITS A RANDOM TOURNAMENT!!! WOOO. THE MAIN EVENT ISN'T UNTIL THE NEXT DAY (SATURDAY). DOUBLES AT 12 and SINGLES AT 4.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN THE BIWEEKLIES USED TO BE!!! THE ADDRESS IS 1534 HILL STREET (2 BLOCKS AWAY) PARKING THERE WILL BE DIFFICULT SO I WILL POST A MAP ABOUT WHERE TO PARK IN A BIT
thanks for the info. cant make it friday but ill be there saturday.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Probably when Rofa realized that this is being held in a building other than his dorm, so of course he'd need to cover the costs of using it.

$5 isn't that bad, considering the entry fees and by extension the prize payouts of the actual events, not to mention the potentially amazing turnout.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
aww ****. i probably cant even make it out now. 30 dollars is a lot and i only have 10 on me right now. and i dont have a job or nothing and unless someone wants to buy my psp ill have no money.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll fund you if you promise to pay me back the next time we meet. Don't take advantage, though~

Vayseth

Smash Master
Honestly, we've always had a $5 side tournament for ****s and giggles. We had one stock, smash balls, etc. Our original idea was doubles with you and a level 9 computer of your choice. But, there seemed a lot of interest in randoms so we're going to do that. The point is, it's always been $5 for whatever it is. It was always going to be $5. The tournaments are always just for fun and purposely not just $5 tournaments because otherwise people would only show up for that, and not the circuit event itself, which defeats the purpose.

lol that like the worse stage selection ive ever seen lol
SBR rule set bro, better get used to it.

BANNED:
Green Greens

Oh **** you. Now I have to actually think about what to ban.
AHAH, HAHAHAHAHAHA. I didn't even realize that but yeah, now I have to think of a new counterpick too =(

i dont understand this rule

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
(Note: This applies ONLY to Bowser and is not the case for Ganondorf, Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, or any other characters that have a suicide maneuver).

im pretty sure those moves still take stock so..... are those manuvers banned or..... they just lose if they do them or...... i dono i may be just high....
The bowser klaw suicide rule was instituted because of a need to reduce the slot influence over the game. Because the only difference between a win and a loss with Bowser's klaw is what slot he is in, the SBR voted that no matter what slot Bowser is in, he gets the win. No other suicide method is determined in this way, which is why no other suicide methods that end in sudden death will play out sudden death. It will be by stock and %.

also i need a nice bed ot sleep on due to medical issues someone please help?
Yeah, I gotcha and I'll call you in a second.

Vayseth

Smash Master
uhh question.. do we have to pay venue fee if we go on friday just for smashfest
Yes, the venue fee covers the costs we incur by providing a venue for you to sleep/play at. $5 isn't asking much.

aww ****. i probably cant even make it out now. 30 dollars is a lot and i only have 10 on me right now. and i dont have a job or nothing and unless someone wants to buy my psp ill have no money.
You're telling me that you've been posting in this thread for a month, knowing the first post said $15 for singles and $10 per person for doubles and you only have $10 right now? That's your fault. We tried to avoid a venue fee but as soon as our money is made back we're putting it into the pot so it's not like we're being selfish or anything. This costs us money to throw and it's only natural that we split the costs for everyone going.

Actually, EVO took $50 to enter, CH4 takes $65 to enter, so $30 for a big tournament like this is actually a godsend. I'm tired of the MI people who have to drive under 2 hours to get here complaining about the prices of these tournaments when a **** ton of people are driving 4+ hours to get here, and incurring all of those gas and other misc costs that go along with going on a trip that big. MI needs to grow some balls and just enter this event because after this, Ann Arbor does not have any events planned and since Rofa will no longer be living at the coop, we don't have a venue anymore.

Basically face it: Come to this one because it will be the last one in MI for a while. It's really not that much, and we've had this all posted up here for weeks and you all know it. Don't all of a sudden bail because you only have $10 for a tournament advertised since the beginning as being $30.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Also note to everyone:

Please PM me if you are coming and how many people you are coming with and at what times. We need to plan so we have everything set up by the time people come. When people PM me, I will get back to them with my numbers. DO NOT POST HERE. Once I leave for the tournament I will post my number either here, or in the OP so people can call me and let me know that they're on their way or whatever.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom