• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Audio Melee Hacks - Music and Sound Requests - Release 3/5/2010 - Kira Update

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Smakis, do you mind uploading that ISO for me to download? I'd love to play the PAL version.

smakis

Smash Ace
will upload it tomorrow, a bit late now ^^

will upload a "clean" version, with no textures, some of the stages have my songs on them but they can just be replaced with whatever you want. This one also has the sarias song victory theme.

smakis

Smash Ace
hum, read some in the hack thread, i usually press yes when replacing (i dont know what im doing lol) with gc-tool. Also i forgot to reduce the size of videos and stuff when creating the pal iso, will that affect the size a lot?

I burned it yesterday but didnt have time to try it, will do when i come home later.
It works in dolphin but i guess dolphin doesn't care about file size.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
when transferring textures from ntsc to pal, make sure you do NOT transfer files such as
PlLk.dat and PlLg.dat
these aren't texture files but actually like character data files... liek if you move the Marth one to PAL then he retains his ntsc spike and ntsc weight (doesn't fall over to fox shine)
interesting hybrid opportunities, though

smakis

Smash Ace
how do i know which ones contain character data files? i just took textures from illusionary and verious others scattared in the hack thread.

I mean the texture files are all .dat, how do i know which one is which? (im not transfering any dat files from an original ntsc disc, just the ones from illusionary)

I transfered some fox textures, and his upsmash was still pal when i tested it, so i figured the rest would be pal aswell.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dw as long as you only transfer textures and not all files starting with Pl, you'll be fine
the ones with no colour and simply Pl(character) are the data files

smakis

Smash Ace
I should be fine then, the only files i took from sleepy's ntsc iso was the 75kb song files, didnt touch anything else, and since i only downloaded textures from illusionary and the hack thread there shouldnt be an Pl files that aren't textured.

Which reminds me I have to replace all the songs in the pal original iso, since if people replace instead of rebuild they wont be able to put the 30 mb songs in (iirc you cant replace smaller files with bigger ones using gc-tool)

smakis

Smash Ace
erasure should be pretty simple to loop seemlessly, haven't heard the second one so i might just make it restart. Will do them when i come home from work.

GSUB

Smash Lord
lol smakis, I already made the hps files

oh **** nice, you uploaded your first piece!
ahaha, that was soooo long teaching you that ish connor... but it's hecka easy from now on!

oh hey, what connor said.
and i just realized the hps files aren't stage specific anymore, lol.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's almost as if people don't fully listen to my tutorials or avoid them altogether!

smakis

Smash Ace
it's almost as if people that go to a request thread expect other people to do the requests and not force them to learn how to do it themselves

=D

GSUB

Smash Lord
I used your tutorial sleepy!!!
I think the guides and tutorial make the music hacking seem a lot more complicated than it really is!
and the guide and tutorial are worded a bit weird too.
straight up instructions would be a great help to people. cutting out everything else, like why what does what.

SleepyK

it's almost as if people want me to do requests when i'm not even in charge of the thread!
alternatively:
It's almost as if people are making demands as if this service wasn't free or for the benefit of others!

also gsub, knowing is important if you want to understand it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Lol, making music files are so easy to do now with hps_insert.

1) Make a base folder with DSPADPCM, hps_insert, dsptool.dll, and soundfile.dll. A SONG_SAMPLES.txt is optional.
2) Stick .HPS into folder.
3) Use audio-editing program (I use GoldWave) and open up the MP3 you want to convert.
4) Edit MP3 accordingly.
--If you want song to "loop" correctly, try to make the MP3 as long or longer than the unlooped length of the HPS.
5) When done editing MP3, split it into two channels -- Left (L) channel, and Right (R) channel -- and Save As... each individual channel; mono for both channels; .WAV; PCM Signed 16 bit, mono. Save the channels in your base folder.
6) Run hps_insert by running the COMMAND Window (cmd):

cd [folder location where hps_insert is located]

, followed by:

hps_insert [songtitle].hps [theleftchannel].wav [therightchannel].wav

And...
wait for it.................

7) It should spit out a test.HPS file. Now, if you want to edit looping points, you can do so here. If not, just let it be, and you're done. (:

Extra) I'd recommend getting a program that can run .HPS things... like Winamp, or something.

GSUB

Smash Lord
That's totally true Sleepy!
But a lot people want a simple step-by-step Do This, Do That, There's Your Song!
I'm glad all the information is provided though! It helps soooo much to know why I'm doing, what I'm doing!

and Steelia, that guide would be gibberish to a lot of people. ahaha/
I guess I could try and make a simplified guide for the common people :p

SleepyK

it's not easy to understand. if someone explained something to you the way steelia did (which was very simplified) they wouldn't understand the terms. if people honestly got a pure step by step guide, they wouldn't know how to deviate from it if they wanted to do loop points or other things.

edit: just read your guide. lol @ n0ne immediately making a request despite you explaining things.

n0ne

Smash Ace
yeah its just that i went to the dentist today and the doctor removed 2 wisdom teeth today, and i am in so much pain and feel awkward and my head aches to read so much thats why i requested. PLZ anyone?

SleepyK

hey guys, can somebody send me a xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for Sony Sound Forge?

I got the trial version before, but it expired
don't ask for illegal copies of software publicly on the forums. it'd be best if you edited this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So I guess you need a dvd burner to copy files as well? Sadly I don't have one but I will if I need to. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I do mean a dvd burning drive. ^_^ I'm pretty sure I'll need it, but I'm asking here to be sure.

smakis

Smash Ace
its kinda hard to burn stuff...to a dvd...without a dvd burning drive.... =)

LuCKy

Smash Master
yo sleepy

i feel bad asking ya for stuff still but did you ever get around to the dbz sound effects i gave you for fox n falco?

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I would be doing more sound effects but......the StarCraft II Beta was just so awesome, and now I am replaying StarCraft + Broodwar to re-catch up on the story.

This shows my reason of inactive-ness

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Starcraft? You are forgiven my son.

Top Bottom