• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Audio Melee Hacks - Music and Sound Requests - Release 3/5/2010 - Kira Update

MasterShake

Smash Lord
So on sleepyk's ISO...

Can I take any song from the first page and stick it on any stage I want by renaming the file?

Or is that not how it works?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
you don't need to rename any of the files. just replace it on whatever stage you want.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
menu alternate is actually menu3.hps

i thought i updated the email :(

S l o X

Smash Champion
You probably did, I just copy pasted the old link from when you originally made the auto-mated email.

Sorry :s

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the Captain America audio handy (Just the victory theme actually...)? I searched the entire topic and probably missed it...

Rykard

Smash Ace
^^^I think you meant to post a link but you didn't :(

and has anyone considered using the "TOASTY!" effect from Mortal Kombat? It would work for Jiggs's rest or Luigi's Up B if the Shoryuken hasn't already replaced it.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
hey why isn't there the replacement song Beat to Wonderland - East Clubbers vs Ravers for yoshi's story like in the Mango vs Lucky pride matches? i couldn't find it anywhere. link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdARTdAhQJQ

Edit: Nvm, I found it here. This was actually quite helpful, thanks.

If you guys wanted to download the giant pack of what I have ever used, then look no further, as here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22SOYVNM

Contains all Custom Textures / Custom Audio

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
^^^I think you meant to post a link but you didn't :(

and has anyone considered using the "TOASTY!" effect from Mortal Kombat? It would work for Jiggs's rest or Luigi's Up B if the Shoryuken hasn't already replaced it.
Well I was, but I didn't since the one making it would probably choose a different version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUDCQ3xV5k

double dragon yay!

Jov

Smash Rookie
Hey there, this is my first post ever related with hacking Melee, and it's not to do a request, lol no, it's to tell you guys that I will upload my 10+ min HPS soon; until now I already did some from Guilty Gear 2 OST (Still in the Dark, No Mercy) and Megaman X and Zero OST (MMZ4: Falling Down, MMX5: X vs Zero). My connection sucks big time so it'll take time.

Also, don't be harsh with beginners, I'm one of them, my knowledge about hacking was zero (well, all I knew was just replacing archives in the ISO..), but last night I started on my own with the tutorial from Steelia and a bit from GodFed (the one Sleepy made didn't help because my native language is Spanish and I didn't understand you at all, lol); it was hard but I'm a genius, so that's why I made it, lol. But a tutorial with better explanations (aka "what point do what or why needs to be do it") is needed to stop the continuous request.

Btw, c0nn0r, your holyorders.hps needs to be longer than that, every time it reachs 2:54 minutes the game freeze, so you should edit your post with a improved version or removed it, thanks.

EDIT: This is the first one:
http://www.filefront.com/17043651/X_vs_Zero.hps/

Sion

Island of Horizon
Lol, making music files are so easy to do now with hps_insert.

1) Make a base folder with DSPADPCM, hps_insert, dsptool.dll, and soundfile.dll. A SONG_SAMPLES.txt is optional.
2) Stick .HPS into folder.
3) Use audio-editing program (I use GoldWave) and open up the MP3 you want to convert.
4) Edit MP3 accordingly.
--If you want song to "loop" correctly, try to make the MP3 as long or longer than the unlooped length of the HPS.
5) When done editing MP3, split it into two channels -- Left (L) channel, and Right (R) channel -- and Save As... each individual channel; mono for both channels; .WAV; PCM Signed 16 bit, mono. Save the channels in your base folder.
6) Run hps_insert by running the COMMAND Window (cmd):

cd [folder location where hps_insert is located]

, followed by:

hps_insert [songtitle].hps [theleftchannel].wav [therightchannel].wav

And...
wait for it.................

7) It should spit out a test.HPS file. Now, if you want to edit looping points, you can do so here. If not, just let it be, and you're done. (:

Extra) I'd recommend getting a program that can run .HPS things... like Winamp, or something.
so i went ahead and followed this AND the youtube tutorial, but i still run into like 1 or 2 small problems. the main one that's bugging me is that the video here keeps the sample rate for both the L and R channels at 44100 and converts to .hps successfully, whereas hps_insert + cmd says that the HPS rate (32000) does not match the DSP rate (44100). not sure if that made any sense, but i'll post an SS anyways.

edit: i forgot to mention that setting the L/R .wavs to sample rate 32000 slows down the song =\

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sion, you're supposed to render the LR channels in 32000.

Sion

Island of Horizon
if i render the LR channels in 32000 hz, is the song supposed to slow down as i'm currently hearing? the song itself is only ~3 minutes long, but when i render the channels in 32000 hz as opposed to 44100 hz, the song goes up to 4 minutes and the music itself slows down.

edit: found out that i can resample the value to 32000 hz without losing the pitch of the song. i need to start looking with my eyes and not my mouth lol

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
Ruken, si estas usando la ISO de SleepyK no hace falta que digas para que pantalla quieres el .hps, sirve para todas.

yo tengo hecho un .hps de la intro del budokai 3 ya, porque me la pidio Kyo.

ps.
Can somebody send me the original Dreamland .hps?
hey pues pasamela

cualquier HPS sirve para cualquier stage?

no uso la iso de sleepky, es una propia que me he tuneado yo

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
si no usas la ISO de SleepyK entonces no todos los .hps te sirven para cualquier escenario

es mucho mas complicado si no usas esa..

usas una ISO que te has tuneado tu? la has reestructurado con GCrebuilder? o simplemente es una ISO normal en la que has ido sustituyendo archivos por otros archivos del mismo tamaño?

si quieres la de SleepyK enviale un mail a sreeepyk@gmail.com, si no usas esa no usamos el mismo metodo y no te puedo ayudar

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
si no usas la ISO de SleepyK entonces no todos los .hps te sirven para cualquier escenario

es mucho mas complicado si no usas esa..

usas una ISO que te has tuneado tu? la has reestructurado con GCrebuilder? o simplemente es una ISO normal en la que has ido sustituyendo archivos por otros archivos del mismo tamaño?

si quieres la de SleepyK enviale un mail a sreeepyk@gmail.com, si no usas esa no usamos el mismo metodo y no te puedo ayudar
la iso ya la tengo desde hace time, pero no sabia eso de los .hps asique a partir de ahora usare la de sleepyk

he probado a hackear audio pero el vgsteam no me funca

quiero ablar contigo para que me ayudes a pasar canciones a .hps

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
iori can't you ever post anything nice
Your kidding right he wants someone to go out of there way for a song thats not related to being good, but as a mind game.

I didn't mean for it to be mean to begin with, just asking why he would request that song. If you guys are doing all the work, the least we can do is make it worth it :ohwell:

I requested double dragon
another previous request was guild's theme

Sorry 1kason1 if I offended you with my post

Top Bottom