• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: NYC/Brooklyn

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Ya'll need to hurry and host some tourney or smashfest like real soon.
Some ole Kwanzaa themed tourney or something, anything really.

"gtfo. Why doesn't someone host a tourny in NYC that isn't in a bad neighborhood or expensive"

What we want is something-
Easy to get to by subway
Conveniently close some stores for food or something.
in NYC or Brooklyn
Cheap

I'm going all falcon if it happens

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah seriously. On top of being a huge help to the community you'd make TONS of dough. Think about it. Low prices, good accessibility. The turnout would be awesome and you'd have people going every week instead of every other week due to un-exaggerated prices.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
See I would but...

well, you know, glick.

Though I guess I COULD host and just not play.

Lemme see what I can do about venue.

Glick

Smash Lord
Listen Ryko. Theirs money to be made. Drugs to sell. Hoes to be pimped.

In other words, do it. Seriously.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Fine print says there are some exceptions.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT.

HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT RESIDENT EVIL MOVIE?
LEON WAS SO SEXY IN THAT MOVIE OMG

TOO GOOD MAN

Glick

Smash Lord
Ryko I can totally hook you guys up. All you need is a cookie and some plastic gloves.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
lmao glick and ryko u guys are deliciously funny, idk thirtyfour. There are no venues i could think ofexcept for one that comes to mind but i dont like that place). if only we still had NYCLAN, they know what to do

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
LMFAO this homie ollie glick xD get at oatmeal monsters shons >:]]]

and yah papa ryko if u can host more tourneys or even smashfests that would be greatly appreciated (u can put some sort of venue fee, so u can at least make something out of it as well as having fun) =D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, first of all

Love the name, thirtyfour. It makes me think of Rule 34, 35, and 63, which I do honor and respect :p XD

Second, according to your demands (not counting the last two), the best place to put a venue is in Matthatan. It's a nice convient borough for both NYC, NY, and OoSers. any other place is debatable to meh. Finding a good venue in general is not easy. If anything, give us time. we're bound to get a venue sometime in the future.

For now, look forward to Both Alex's toury in NYC starting March, and Crismas's toury starting Jan 31st in NJ.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
my gf's venue is super close to manhatan and its a 4 buck ride back and forth
my venue is first stop in bk and in a huge college...

**** happens attend tourneys or wait lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
O.o lol

10futuramas

srly 34 we all go to smashfests or travel out of state...its not hard to do the same for yourself

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
O.o lol

10futuramas

srly 34 we all go to smashfests or travel out of state...its not hard to do the same for yourself

About the MM
Sorry bout that lol I just like to talk about Falcon. Dont mind me...
Sure I never turn down a MM. ....... ............................... 1$ - 5$

And we sure do :D

GRogErEN24

Smash Cadet
Montafy Comics

well there is this place called Montafy Comics in Forest Hills that will be hosting tri-weeklies which will be saturday, sunday and monday in one or two weeks. It's in Queens, it's a safe place, and it's only 30 min bus ride for me:). I called and he asked me to make a thread about this which i will do in a few days. It's important that we bring many people the first day because he is still not sure about what exactly he wants to do with the fees and prizes and he needs our opinions. right now he's thinking about $10 for entry and those $10 will be counted towards the prizes too. i'm going to try to help them organize all of this so i will be needing feedback from you guys about the tournament rules.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
What 34 said. Manhattan would really be the ideal place for a tournament; but yeah... not much NYC love as of now... sad face.

well there is this place called Montafy Comics in Forest Hills that will be hosting tri-weeklies which will be saturday, sunday and monday in one or two weeks. It's in Queens, it's a safe place, and it's only 30 min bus ride for me:). I called and he asked me to make a thread about this which i will do in a few days. It's important that we bring many people the first day because he is still not sure about what exactly he wants to do with the fees and prizes and he needs our opinions. right now he's thinking about $10 for entry and those $10 will be counted towards the prizes too. i'm going to try to help them organize all of this so i will be needing feedback from you guys about the tournament rules.
... I've always hated going to Queens. But if that tournament does go through, I guess I'll check it out.

Heres a picture of her.

Go hit that, Ryko.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a train to brooklyn on a good day for some games.

I'd have to be a few.....3ish+ people dough.

I dont wanna git ***** or anything

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
I live in brooklyn XD and I can get to queens pretty quick and manhattan bronx is only hard place to get for me well not hard just takes long time

Glick

Smash Lord
Psh everyone lives in brooklyn. I might think about having some people over in the near future. I'd just need people to bring TV's.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
Lets Play!!!!!! Let me know when these tourneys start! Hopefully its melee!!! d1 we need to play melee im gonna come to ur house one of these days when im free i wanna play some melee! Oh an alex what college???????

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Yeah definitely good games, get at me for a 2 hour SD spree >_> got me tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU2pik55Zrg&feature=channel_page

2 more are gonna go up but that one was a manly ****ing fight.
lul
The Warm up matches were the best .
I got home at like 6 AM
Feel asleep on the train like twice ended up near Coney Island... then.... the 7 going back was delayed for 30 mins with an open door.

Ending up sleeping on the path train going to the WTC and back.
Then I jogged home for 30 mins.

Sweat + 20 degree weather = good stuff

Still...
Woooooorth it lol.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Psh everyone lives in brooklyn. I might think about having some people over in the near future. I'd just need people to bring TV's.
Yup yup; Brooklyn's the new Manhattan. And that'd be awesome.

@ 34: wow; a similar thing happened to me on my way home from Ryko's. Only, I ended up near the last stop on the L train (Canarsie). Wasn't fun...

D1

Banned via Administration
Ryko's latest gathering was omega beast.

Wes, Hellfox, Philipe, NL, Malcolm, me, Ryko, Rookie, 34, Ron, and Zro...if I'm missing anyone else ma bad.

It was a mega blast! I gotta work on gayifing my Falco more : D.

Top Bottom