• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN Link Boards

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
they should just make me and deva mods, we're pretty much the two highest ranking link players (Legan Q.Q) and we're like some of the most active/helpful people on these boards >_>

deva's already proven himself to be a hella good mod and i used to mod my old clan's website so there ya go

plus i hate when mods that don't even main link think they can just walk into the link boards and claim that they are all high and mighty T_T wtf is that mess
I agree with Arkive, I hate it when a non Link main can tell everyone else what the can and can't say =/

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Unfortunately for the nomination idea, remember when Aurashade posted a thread about how he should become a mod, and everyone all agreed to it and said it was a good idea?
Remember Gimpy's reaction?
*Bowser fsmash*

So, as respectable members we remember some things.

In short:
1) Ignore spam threads and posts. Don't comment or reply to them in any way.
2) Report spam threads to current moderators.

Why do that?
1) Upon spotting a spam thread, ignore it and never go back. Don't even post- not even an answer to a question, not even a rebuttal for a stupid comment. Remember that it is actually HARMFUL to reply to these threads and posts because now you are being sucked into spamming useless replies over and over. The less we reply the less threads are gonna be like that. Sometimes silence gives the thread owner some time to contemplate on our reaction- and since the mind comes up with extravagently over-the-top reactions, we can assume that they won't post another thread again. If they do, then we once again ignore them, and very few people don't have the intelligence to understand what silence to repeated attempts means.
The same goes for flaming, foul language, etc.
2) Upon spotting these behaviors, PM a mod in charge of the Link boards and say:
"We have found a spam thread entitled [Insert n00b title here]. Please close or delete it." (If you do not know how to PM, see page 2 of this thread for a link [lol, totally unrelated bad pun]).

There's no better way for a person to become a mod than to do the things mentioned above (Bad pun aside). Since you can't DO the mod's job, show the current mods that you are responsible by doing EXACTLY WHAT YOU AGREED TO IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE (Don't respond, let mods know, etc). No one will mod you if you keep going on to useless threads and saying "Oh goodness, this thread is stupid and needs to be close /thread." You are actually breaking rules by doing that.

tl;dr
Know the rules and follow them. Be proactive in reporting reasonable things to mods.
And you just might get modded.

/long rambling post

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
i come back here after one of you (shall remain anonymous) beg and beg and beg and this place has become a steaming pile of garbage.

I once had an empire where it bred good link players, but not anymore.

take this post as my final post, however I will continue to bother with this place if I am given staff powers-other than that I'm gone for good. rot in hell.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
p.s. i love how there are two posts that mention me, even though i single handedly saved both the link melee and brawl boards from utter stupid at a time.

p.p.s. those of you who claim to "follow the rules" are just losers with nothing else to do on a friday night. seriously you guys have to be the biggest failures in all of history. I'm ashamed to belong to the same species such as you.

D

Deleted member

i come back here after one of you (shall remain anonymous) beg and beg and beg and this place has become a steaming pile of garbage.

take this post as my final post, however I will continue to bother with this place if I am given staff powers-other than that I'm gone for good. rot in hell.
oh ****, i think that almost concretes the fact that i'm not coming to this place either lol

nothing is going to improve, i'll let the ship sink without me ggkthx

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
oh ****, i think that almost concretes the fact that i'm not coming to this place either lol

nothing is going to improve, i'll let the ship sink without me ggkthx

Plus Legan=Link boards fail.

Lol, who the hell do we have left??? :laugh:

Bouse

Smash Ace
If Arkive's out I'm out, once my guide is done of course. I'll at least grant you that.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, I feel really bad for the Link boards at the moment, the already low number of Link mainers on Smashboards is dropping :(.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I think this means I can get away with anything I want to on these boards now... Without the supervision of the great Link players, these boards will slowly fade into the darkness.

>_> <_< >_>

*plots whilst evilly rubbing hands together*

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Well i might not be that great right now, but I'm staying, i am working my *** off to get great, playing sethlon ( pretty **** good falco imo ) almost everyday. I won't let it fade to dark, i care about brawl and link too much to do that.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
you said we have to have video proof. i am incapable to do that as of now, and even if I could i doubt I am anywhere near a good enough player to be added. that is unless you changed your rules. So i am in not so great of a position just because I am new, no matter how serious I may be

Kennahh

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed, sending Magikarp. (Killingworth, CT)
you said we have to have video proof. i am incapable to do that as of now, and even if I could i doubt I am anywhere near a good enough player to be added. that is unless you changed your rules. So i am in not so great of a position just because I am new, no matter how serious I may be
Seeing as how these boards are going to be pretty useless very soon, the rules are changed. Anyone is welcomed, as long as they don't make stupid threads/spam.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I think a moment of silence is in order.

R.I.P, Link boards...

Now with no great players here to guide us, the new and inexperienced Link mains will be ignorant, uneducated and will have a much harder time learning about Link without people like Arkive, Legan and Deva hanging around here. The posts around here would be enough to make the Hero of Time do barrel rolls in his grave.
Even Aurashade has given up on us, his "empire" collapsed...
I used to think he was just a bitter person who flamed people simply because he could. But now we didn't listen, and the Link boards have been overrun by useless threads. It's like global warming, we didn't listen. :(
All that really remains is the smoldering remains of what used to be such a great community.

If things can't shape up, I might as well say farewell to SWF and just stick with AiB...
It seems all the Link heroes I looked up to are fed up with this place.
But maybe it'll improve, at least that's what I'm hoping for...

One day I'll look back onto this forum, and re-visit the Link boards only to find a thread entitled:
"ZoMg!!1 linkz clawshoot thing kan b uzed in teh airz!"
And a sad, sad tear is going to roll down my cheek.

D

Deleted member

btw if anybody needs to contact me for help/matches/any other random crap you can add me on MSN, xfire, or hit me up on AiB

MSN: ArkiveZ3r0@hotmail.com
Xfire: ArkiveZero
AiB: ArkiveZero

sasook

Smash Champion
Deva and Blubba have left too? These boards are officially dead then.

I feel bad 'cause I feel like I helped start the rotting process...

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Really?? You guys are all depressed and these boards are going to fall to pieces because two members are considering not coming here anymore? I'm not saying these guys weren't helpful, but really? Arkive gives great advice but it's not like he's the only one with decent tips. Several ATs were probably discovered by players that aren't well known because they don't have quality vids up.

Look, I hate spam as much as the next guy, but isn't everyone overreacting? Is it that much of a challenge to move on to the next topic and skip any spam threads? It's not like they physically hurt you. You might throw up a bit the next time someone asks "why do you main Link?" but I'm sure it won't ruin your entire day.

Relax everyone, this isn't our economy it's just smash bros -- the fundamentals of smashboards are strong.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I won't leave but you will see my activity drop a lot.

I'll continue to update the FAQ in the Q & A thread as well as give input on bouses matchups. I will also check PM's

Too bad losers killed the boards.....

Or maybe it is the fact that Link sucks in brawl......

We may be overreacting by leaving but I think slowing down are activity Like I plan to do will cool down some of the spam. Maybe after a while these boards can become respectable again.

Arkive. If you ever need a forum, come to the twilight heros website. It is spam free (except for the thread dedicated to spam) and we have lots of fun.

Deva

Smash Lord
Well, if it makes you guys feel any better, I kept the melee boards alive before they died and Brawl was released, and sorta started the general flow of things in the Brawl Link boards when they were added, so dont worry, I'm not giving up on this place. IMO, you guys should just go back to the melee Link boards though lol. Brawl just gives me too much of a headache in how shalow and flat out horrible of a game it is. Still, I'll be here, and I'll do my best to get things back on track. I doubt any admins will make any of us mods any time soon, but I'll pm gimpy. If anyone can help us out he can.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Man, you guys are awful negative about the Link boards. I'll never leave. I usually am here and when I'm not, I'm looking on my other mains' boards. But guys, a little annoying spam never stole away a boards best member so why let it happen now? Leaving makes the Link boards look so weak and intolerable to spam. (****IT WE NEED AURASHADE! WHERE ARE YOU AURA!?) So I'm staying and all you other guys are leaving? I started posting while reading most your guys posts. They were something to look up to. But leaving just seems so wrong.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i'll still be a dedicated user on these boards...i won't let a few noobs and spams stop me from getting better with Link. I mean the Link board is still one of the more defined boards in this whole character discussion (I mean come on! We have the amazingly detailed guide by Nintenjoe and an amazing beginners guide by sasook! lol).
But yes it would be nice to have aura back :psycho: lol

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
We just need more keke videos, those always lighten the mood. Like good links versus good opponents, even if you lose = good times. The only thing I have to record smash atm is a webcam, so I do not really feel motivated to show you guys my problems with my brother's crazy Wolf.

But, what I would like to see is Deva versus Sagemoon. We can all hope for fun vids right?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So what about Legan? He's been gone for months (maybe two now?). He is one of the best Link players but the spam made him go away. :( I'd like to see him post atleast once here, just to let us know that he's still a smasher but the spam does bother him. (Wow the Link boards are dead (with spam, they can be really active sometimes) and we need Aura back like I said) Either Aura or someone who can step in for him. *sigh*

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
You guys are way too concerned about spam, as long as people are trying to learn the character there is no reason to be so negative. Also it's ok to be off topic, really I promise you won't die from it. Some topics are just for fun.

I doubt Legan left due to spam, he's probably just busy in real life. No you don't need Aura, or any one player.

What you guys need to do is stop crying about the "death" of the Link boards, ignore the spam, and concentrate on Link's metagame.

I can't imagine why you guys take the spam so seriously but it's really not an issue. Now that you have a Q&A thread I can imagine spam posts being reduced. More Link mains = faster Link metagame progression.

Not sure what else to say other than to stop taking these forums so seriously.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hmmm Cyner has a point but seriously, people need to learn to use the search function. We had a Bomb DAC thread, each claiming they found it, in the same week. But yeah the spam should die down. I hope. And Aura is just a funny troll and lightened the mood of the Link boards. That's why I want him back lol. He was funny. And atm, Link's meta game is kind of at a stand still for who knows why.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
There was a thread about Bomb DAC? I don't recall one...

I do recall Izaw mentioning it in a thread; then I had fun poking at him because I was the one who found it/showed him... and then I think it was Lootic who said he also found it some time ago. But we didn't care who found it really. lol

But that was all in some other thread... can't remeber which one. Pretty sure there weren't any threads let alone multiple ones for it. x]

sasook

Smash Champion
There was a thread about Bomb DAC? I don't recall one...

I do recall Izaw mentioning it in a thread; then I had fun poking at him because I was the one who found it/showed him... and then I think it was Lootic who said he also found it some time ago. But we didn't care who found it really. lol

But that was all in some other thread... can't remeber which one. Pretty sure there weren't any threads let alone multiple ones for it. x]
He's talking about the multiple bombslide threads like "OMG I did a DAC with while throwing a bomb O_O" and the like. Not the actual bomb-in-hand DAC.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
So what about Legan? He's been gone for months (maybe two now?). He is one of the best Link players but the spam made him go away. :( I'd like to see him post atleast once here, just to let us know that he's still a smasher but the spam does bother him. (Wow the Link boards are dead (with spam, they can be really active sometimes) and we need Aura back like I said) Either Aura or someone who can step in for him. *sigh*
Legan said he was taking break to focus on things in his life, so Im sure he will return when ready. And I don't think having Aurashade back or someone like him would be a good solution.
The best thing is to simply not reply to the "spam" threads. Then they will quickly fall to the dark depths of the Link boards never to be seen again.

Anyway, lets take a looks at the top threads at the time of this post:

1. ATTN Link boards = this thread (N/A)

2. Official Link Metagame Discussion = good thread

3. Wavedashing hack and its Zair implications = possibly interesting thread

4. Official Link Question and Answer Thread = good for noobs

5. King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board = good thread

6. The Official Link Stage Discussion- Pictochat = good thread

7. The Official Basic Knowledge Link Guide. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) = good thread (but should still be stickied)

So I don't see what everyone's crying about. Most of these threads are pretty good in terms of discussing strategies with Link and trying to expand his metagame.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Thank you for mentioning my thread. And yeah, we should get over it but it was so good with out the spam. -w- Good times. But that's the past, this is now. I'll ignore the spam and continue my business as a Link mainer. This I swear on my honor as a Link mainer (I'm a writer, sue me for dramatics.)!

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Huh, looks like people aren't giving up on this place after all.

Well, I ought to take a break from lurking these boards anyways. The recent amount of spammy threads kind of knocked all the enjoyment out of me visiting...
I'll probably be on AiB in the meantime (not that I'm respected enough or known enough to be contacted...)

Things sure have gotten a bit messy in the Link boards lately, I'll check back in about a week or two and hopefully things will get sorted out.
Besides, I have an inane amount of schoolwork that needs to be done.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror

Well, I ought to take a break from lurking these boards anyways. The recent amount of spammy threads kind of knocked all the enjoyment out of me visiting...
I'll probably be on AiB in the meantime (not that I'm respected enough or known enough to be contacted...)

Things sure have gotten a bit messy in the Link boards lately, I'll check back in about a week or two and hopefully things will get sorted out.
I saw you in AiB chat the other night, but I didn't answer your call for 1v1 cause you live too far away.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

Well that doesn't really help the boards look less spammy does it? :( Well the spam atm isn't bad but who knows? Lets just keep it up with no spam, ok guys?

Top Bottom