• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN Link Boards

Tenki

Smash Hero
I looked through a few of the threads made on the Link boards, and I'm somewhat shocked/impressed that you guys get alot more (old) "discovery" threads than the Sonic boards.

The same thing is happening to the Soinc boards as well :/
Maybe we need more people like Aurashade? Or a backroom thing.
We have memphischains and others to attack newbies and unwanted fanboys.

Actually, on top of memphis, we have memes. That's right, the Sonic boards Steak meme has people going "WTF IS THIS NOOB SHI-" and leaving.

We need to clean up the junk threads and put them into 1 QnA thread, we need to combine some stage discussion threads, we need to have a new person make run a video archive thread, since Legan has left temporarily, umm, we need to unsticky the SBR info about Link, because it isn't all that helpful.
We tried having a QnA thread in the Sonic boards, and that one got locked.

We remade it a few days ago.

but yet, a thread like this was still made today:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199783

:(

In short:
1) Ignore spam threads and posts. Don't comment or reply to them in any way.
2) Report spam threads to current moderators.

I actually made a quick and easy guide for this.

It's pretty cool. I actually reported enough threads to get a... certain member banned a few times (lol) and people were like "OMG WE HAVE A MOD NOW!?" and I was in the background thinking "lol it works".

I kind of missed the whole Legan leaving thing. He was pretty fun to play with D;

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
[/url]
Stuff
Gee Sonic boards to save the day! XD Thanks Tenki. Or maybe not save the day but give advice and kind of comparing the two boards. Yours looks a bit worse. :/ I guess we shouldn't be whining so much. Look how bad the Sonic boards have it. :( Good luck trying to keep down the spam. And I've abused used the report button a few times now. :D Works so well.

Not really abused but it was necessary. Advertisement threads on the Marth boards, 2 pointless threads on the Link boards. It was a mess.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Gee Sonic boards to save the day! XD Thanks Tenki. Or maybe not save the day but give advice and kind of comparing the two boards. Yours looks a bit worse. :/ I guess we shouldn't be whining so much. Look how bad the Sonic boards have it. :( Good luck trying to keep down the spam. And I've abused used the report button a few times now. :D Works so well.

Not really abused but it was necessary. Advertisement threads on the Marth boards, 2 pointless threads on the Link boards. It was a mess.
lmao

The majority of the spam on the Sonic boards come from regulars, instead of newbies/passing fanboys, so it's more tolerable from our side of things. I think memephis and friends have generally done a good job at trolling people away. :laugh:

Maybe it's just a stupid wave of- no, a wave of stupid. It'll pass, it'll pass.

D: 8/30

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
These boards have been going downhill as of late and i would now like to tell everybody that if this keeps up you will not see me or the other link "pro's" around here much longer.

you are seriously killing us through your stupid posts/threads

i would now like to go ahead and give out some tips on creating new threads

- You have not found something new. I can almost guarantee if you think you've found something new you are sadly, sadly mistaken. if you still want to know if you have found something new or not PM me or Deva first.
- We already know how to play the freaking game. We understand that the dtilt spikes, the dair out prioritizes a lot of attacks, and that the nair can gimp the hell out of people.
- if you want to ask a question DO NOT make a new thread about it. if you have any questions, ask about them here - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171859

this is seriously your last warning from me
Best post I have seen here in a LONG while.

-Ter

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Sonic boards haven't trolled me away yet, but they still haven't revealed the secrets of steak yet, and I am very interested...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
p.s. i love how there are two posts that mention me, even though i single handedly saved both the link melee and brawl boards from utter stupid at a time.

p.p.s. those of you who claim to "follow the rules" are just losers with nothing else to do on a friday night. seriously you guys have to be the biggest failures in all of history. I'm ashamed to belong to the same species such as you.
Death of a legend.

RIP: Aura's reign.

Top Bottom