• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
HugS said:
Obviously anyone is allowed to think whatever they'd like. But the "right" thing is always preferable.
lol, sigged temporarily of course

Edit: and yeah, by the looks of it, Gimpy is teh broken, Yoshi is bottom tier, Falco, TLink, Fox and MK should be banned and this game is only for freindlies.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.
Random, when used 35 times and randomizes to every character once each in that time...becomes Geno.
And Ken is now a Geno main and everyone should quit playing cause he invented Ken Combo v 2.0 since Marths still works. ;)

:laugh: I love this thread

Good work HugS, it's been done before but for some reason you did it best :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No, that's utter crap. Of course I made a point. My point is that not everyone sucks!

It's mind boggling to me how you can even muster the balls to say that! Suck?! Compared to what?

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
haha yikes. well said. only partially correct though. i dont own it and never played it. yet i will be the best >_<

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
No, that's utter crap. Of course I made a point. My point is that not everyone sucks!

It's mind boggling to me how you can even muster the balls to say that! Suck?! Compared to what?
Compared to ourselves in the future. We will eventually become much better and look back at the skill level around the release date and realize that we have gotten much better.

At least, that's what I think he's trying to say.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Someone had to say it.

Also, check some videos (if you find any) of the first Melee tournaments. You may be amazed.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Compared to ourselves in the future. We will eventually become much better and look back at the skill level around the release date and realize that we have gotten much better.

At least, that's what I think he's trying to say.
I would hope so, as I haven't even played the game yet. It will probably take me only a few hours to be somewhat competitive but I'll keep learning stuff and applying it that I should keep getting better and better.

Playing against online humans will be so much better then playing against cpu's all the time with humans fights somewhat rare.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I would hope so, as I haven't even played the game yet. It will probably take me only a few hours to be somewhat competitive but I'll keep learning stuff and applying it that I should keep getting better and better.

Playing against online humans will be so much better then playing against cpu's all the time with humans fights somewhat rare.
That's so true. CPU's are so dumb with their patterns. They actually make you worse. With human players, you'll have to adapt in order to counter their style. Good players will change their way of playing and predict your moves in order to win. Those are the kind of opponents I want to face (and beat, of course). As for the topic, yes, we're just beginning to understand how to play Brawl and have a ways to go.

Arcsine

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sercerfer
If I randomly invented a game and only showed 5 people how to play, then prompty beat all 5 at that game that would make me the best in the world at it correct? While a good number of people from the competitive comunity have already got the game and beat the hell out of it they're still just part of a small number of people.

When the game finally gets it's way around the globe and people have had more than just 2 weeks and a handful of people to play against then and only then should people start talking about who's good and who's not.

Like it or not we're all "n00bs" at this game, and we will continue to be so for a good while to come, honestly comparing players at this point in time is almost as futile as racing babies and *******.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.

EDIT: Skyshroud, you are a smart man.
In Skyshroud's words, incase you found me to be too harsh:
same could be said about life and intellegence too..................but thats not a good thing

note that people are Very impulsive and often take offence at critcisims (sometimes its justifiable though)

i agree with his statements since it doesn't matter whether its competitive or not or people are good are not but whether people can have FUN doing it (yes people who are competitive usually have fun too..............) but don't say "Brawl isn't as competitve as Melee so it sucks!!!!!!!" based on what other people say and a short time playing the game. Now some people have played the game and not like it and thats fine too...... but don't claim that the game isn't going to be fun for other people (casuals and professionals too) b/c they have different tastes on what they want............

So in conclusion: Give the game more time and try to be less impulsive about others reactions to the game....

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
You need to post more.
RYOKO!!!!!!!

Dude I should of took the pic when you had the fitted on backwards when we were going downtown.

Good times man... good times indeed and I will post more man. I promise :)

Killa is back

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I may be terrible at the game, but with how bad Kirby was in Melee, I feel like I'm x10 better just by being a noob in Brawl. LOL!

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I didn't like about Kirby was that his grabs were escapable. Pretty annoying if you ask me.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Good post HugS

smashers of the young and old is gonna have to learn and understand that they're not the greatest or that they're good. They're decent, but that's just about it. Right now, we all suck. The n00bs, the potiential, and even the pros of Melee suck.

I'm pretty sure they'll realize it when they get three stocked (the new 4 stocked for Brawl) by people who are actually good as the time passes

Mars-

Smash Champion
NO U

I know, everyone needs to know I wish I had a massive, world ending e-peen. It'll brighten their day.
Your sig says it all, you are against advanced techniques, well then why are you here? Thats what these boards are for rofl.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Your sig says it all, you are against advanced techniques, well then why are you here? Thats what these boards are for rofl.
Your posts say it all, you are generally a slow, humorless person, well then why am I replying to your idiocy? Thats what this post is for rofl.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
you guys have clearly not played chu and chillin's pokemon trainers.

death X3

just please stop saying "pro" thats all i ask.

we're all done for when M2K gets his hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom