• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichida

Smash Ace
@ The pessimistic *******s who assert the belief that everyone "sucks:"

Seriously, whatever crawled up your rear ends, keep it off the boards. If you don't like the game, or if you believe you suck at it, that's your problem. Don't drag the rest of us down with your emo trips. Making us believe we're unskilled won't make you or anyone else seem more skilled. Sure, skill is relative, but that's a given, for any multiplayer game. Just because some people don't fully realize that, doesn't mean you need to disillusion them or conform everyone to a standard of mediocrity is necessary. Let them learn their limits themselves.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
i agree with the fact that everybody "sucks" because everybody is new to the game. Much has to be learned before anybody can start talking which is what a lot of people are doing. I've heard on more than once someone picking up the game for the first time putting together a 3 hit combo and saying wow I'm making a combo video on Brawl. Honestly it makes my skin crawl because I just want to say shut the **** up.

But I disagree with everybody starting at the same level. The playing field is far from even. There's a reason why certain players are good at Melee that goes beyond practice and tech skill. It's the way they think, they'll look for things that other avg and horrible Melee players won't they'll exploit your roll, they'll find a way to tech chase you and find the hidden secrets faster than the avg. player why? because they're already thinking on that level.

Pure example of this is me playing Cactuar, while I'm running around trying to figure out combo's he's looking for the moves that auto cancel. He figures it out within 2 mins of the game and then proceeds to **** my character. Only AFTER he told me what he did I starting looking for auto cancels, something that I'm sure not all players who have the game are looking for.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Are you actually saying that the game isn't in the U.S.?

It seems pretty clear to me that you are telling people not to say that they are good, even if they are #1 in the world. You can not honestly be saying that because not everybody has reached brawl's full potential in 2 weeks, that people suck.

Also, when you said "You suck, I suck, we all suck", that kind of implies that you have brawl, so don't give me that "not released in the US" ****, you are clearly leading people on that you have brawl yourself.
Mars come on, I'm implying that the game is not easily accessible in the US yet. I don't own brawl, I don't see how I implied it. I have played it a few times. Quit using the word "clearly" as if you know what it means.

You are being really ignorant right now. You completely overlooked my last post. To say anyone is ranked #1 in the world is dumb. We haven't had any way of testing it, there are no ranked players to have as measures of skill.

I mean, i had a guy recently brag to me about beating Ryokoyaksa. Who is ryokoyaksa in brawl? He's a very respected melee player, but to use his name as a claim to fame in brawl is kind of ridiculous. That's the kind of behavior I want to sway people away from.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I mean, i had a guy recently brag to me about beating Ryokoyaksa. Who is ryokoyaksa in brawl? He's a very respected melee player, but to use his name as a claim to fame in brawl is kind of ridiculous. That's the kind of behavior I want to sway people away from.
So you have to make this public announcement saying everyone sucks at brawl because of one person's idiotic pm/message/rl chat/whatever?

Personally it's not the fact that you made this thread that I'm pissed off about, it's the fact that everyone's giving it positive feedback and saying to sticky it when that would be the most stupidest thing ever. And yes I know I kind of came out of no where to interfere between you and mars, but idc S:.

Seriously the positive feedback is coming from fame and that alone. Like someone else stated, if someone else made a thread like this (that wasn't so highly respected), there would have just been 15 posts of flaming, and it would have been locked.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Not entirely true. The name would have gotten it flamed, but what HugS said makes sense, even if it came from a 1 post n00b. The game's been out for a grand total of 2 weeks now? Nobody's going to get very good with new characters, new physics, and new things to learn; it's pointless to complain about a "lack of depth" when everyone is in the same boat.

Also:
@ The pessimistic *******s who assert the belief that everyone "sucks:"

Seriously, whatever crawled up your rear ends, keep it off the boards. If you don't like the game, or if you believe you suck at it, that's your problem. Don't drag the rest of us down with your emo trips. Making us believe we're unskilled won't make you or anyone else seem more skilled. Sure, skill is relative, but that's a given, for any multiplayer game. Just because some people don't fully realize that, doesn't mean you need to disillusion them or conform everyone to a standard of mediocrity is necessary. Let them learn their limits themselves.
I do believe you've missed the point. HugS has been saying your last statement throughout the thread; calm down and/or read more than the thread title. On that note, it seems that this entire thread can be summed up in one sentence: Good ****, bad title.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
This started off as a pretty good thread, I like the message. Skipping ahead to page 20... Christ... HugS is right people just accept it.
Its a new game, we're all on a relatively equal playing field. We aren't that good, but we'll learn as soon as it comes out.

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
i hate anyone that disagrees with hugs right now.

he's giving examples of why people are ignorant, and you guys are still being *******es and pretty much saying he's basing his whole opinion on that one thing.

and also, brawl isn't even out in america. so all you japanese anime nerds that went out of your way for a japanese wii and brawl need to stop being little FANBOYS of japanese players that "look" good.

people in melee still can "look" good, but suck *** in reality.

there are so many levels of play in ANY game out there.. hugs knows what he's talking about. he's not an idiot, obviously.

also.. it's been out in JP for like 2 weeks... and everyone else is being lame and trying to name stuuuuuupid, small technical "discoveries".... it's just gay haha.

anyway, youtube HugS samus -- then youtube your smash name. and just look at some differences.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Mars come on, I'm implying that the game is not easily accessible in the US yet. I don't own brawl, I don't see how I implied it. I have played it a few times. Quit using the word "clearly" as if you know what it means.

You are being really ignorant right now. You completely overlooked my last post. To say anyone is ranked #1 in the world is dumb. We haven't had any way of testing it, there are no ranked players to have as measures of skill.

And why SHOULD we care about this?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

You don't have to be ranked to be the best in the world. Meaning everyone isn't as good as they or others will become doesn't mean they suck. Almost everything is relative to it's envoirement. If people beat more people than everyone else they're good because they're better than the majority playing brawl.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
*yawn* There's only one person I know who would seriously do this upon my first time of playing Brawl while he worked on it for a week.

M.K

Level 55
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.
Give a man Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and he'll spend forever trying to disccern glitches and techniques.

*Sigh* Nothing will ever change because someone says something, but I agree with the TC.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
You don't have to be ranked to be the best in the world. Meaning everyone isn't as good as they or others will become doesn't mean they suck. Almost everything is relative to it's envoirement. If people beat more people than everyone else they're good because they're better than the majority playing brawl.
That's exactly the mentality that makes countless scrubs think they are Smash Bros. masters. Being the best in your circle of friends doesn't mean anything except that you are better than your friends. That doesn't necessarily mean that you are good player, and it could possibly just mean that your friends suck even more than you do.

Tournaments are the only way to prove who's really the best. Local tournaments decide who the best players in the region are, and then these regional champions travel to national tournaments to play against the best players of other regions. Only then can you say that someone is one of the best in the country or world.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
That's exactly the mentality that makes countless scrubs think they are Smash Bros. masters. Being the best in your circle of friends doesn't mean anything except that you are better than your friends. That doesn't necessarily mean that you are good player, and it could possibly just mean that your friends suck even more than you do.
And what harm is done?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
And why SHOULD we care about this?
Why should you care about what? I said a lot of things in my post.

I don't know how invested you are in the community, but it seems like my answer would be "you shouldn't care". It doesn't seem to involve you.

You ask a general question you get a general answer.

And what harm is done?
Mediocrity is embraced.

darklinkjr

Smash Cadet
HugS, yeah pretty much everyone does "suck" at brawl because noone here has even played it.

A person that has played brawl for 48 hours is going to be better then someone who had just started playing it.
Because of Experience, not exp that you get for lvling up. but for "human experience" if you tilt the control stick too far to the left for a certain amount of time u will fall off the stage. the next time you will know when to stop tilting the control stick. its like a baby almost. he/she learns how to crawl then learns how to walk.

a simple concept.
So everyone is just as good as everyone atm. But From the experiences from Melee and smash64 you could be a bit better then newer players to the series.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
too bad youre only saying that because everyone else is ) :

i wish people could make their own opinions.
its pretty obvious you think its funny trying to piss me off, you dont look very dominant right now if thats what you want...
if your social life isnt prosperous, that is the reason.

i dont know why people just agree with a thread because others do, its all about
"YOU SUCK AT BRAWL, no wait, you dont suck, youre just new to the game"
and then everyone only agrees with the first part "you suck at brawl"
yeah, people love trying to start controversy, you must be real bored...

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
i agree with your words hugs...peace
Man hugs is right no one is the best in the U.S
good man.
keep it up hugs.
The fact that this hasn't gotten locked yet should be a good clue for all of you who hate this thread.

Good **** HugS
I too would like to kiss your ***, Hugs, just like these fine gentlemen have. stickey plz! lol

Man, I must be cool by association now.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I too would like to kiss your ***, Hugs, just like these fine gentlemen have. stickey plz! lol

Man, I must be cool by association now.
You seem to just have a general problem with people agreeing with HugS, showing how extremely biased you are towards your own point of view.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
meh the way I see it if these people wanna think there the best at Brawl let them think it. The people who say this anyways are usually the ones who never go to tourneys anyways so their opinion doesn't matter.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Mediocrity is embraced.
How is mediocrity embraced?

The people everyone says are good now are really good compared to the rest of the Brawl players. Why does this matter? Well, generally the people who start off being really good have a lot of potential. What does this mean? More likely than not, they'll make good Brawl players once the metagame is established, if they keep up with it.

Nobody's saying "lol, these guys have reached the pinnacle of brawl, let's never improve past this point." We're not stupid. We know there's still much, much more to discover. The point is, these players are good right now. No harm in praising them for their current skills.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
the problem is people are taking this too personally. accept suckage, people... it means you have room to grow. makes life interesting.

but... i've got potential to be good. teach me, hugs.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
yep if you haven't even played the game then you do suck because you have zero experience.
you contradict yourself....you just want to tell people they suck, of course the majority havent played the game, and we dont know everything about it...you only suck once youve had time to play the game, if youve been playing it for a few months, and you cant beat a lvl 5 cpu, thats when you suck...

but before the game is even released in north america? why start telling people "you suck"...its pointless, kids love controversy...just say "we are all noobs" because of our brawl inexperience...

its not really worth mentioning in a thread that people who havent played brawl yet dont know how to play it fully...thats just common sense

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.
No Johns HugS!

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
To everyone that is saying that this thread exists on fame alone, that's not entirely true. M2K wasn't very popular in the thread of his wavedashing freak-out. Still, you need to get used to the idea that fame exists. There's nothing you can do about it. It's why celebs are used for commercials. People agree with people they idolize. But really, does their opinion matter to you? It's easy to skip those posts. I always do in threads like this.

Secondly, he's obviously right about skill not being maxed- that's obvious. At the same time, it isn't all that important. People are just as likely to praise good players after a week as they are to start up **** character guilds before the game even comes out.

Point being- this topic isn't of epic importance. Neither side is likely to win any arguments, and although it's fine to debate it, there's no reason to freak out and get all upset about something so minor. It's just the way things are.

Mars-

Smash Champion

I'm sorry, I really don't know what the word clearly means, I guess your right huh?

Rofl at me being ignorant, stop using that word like you know what it means. I'm sorry, but if ken had the game, and was beating people left and right, you would have no problem tagging him best in the world, to say that if somebody beats a lot of people, they are not good, well thats ignorant. What if, the people that are good in melee don't get to pro level in brawl? Are you still going to be saying that they aren't the best, just because YOU haven't played them?

Don't give me **** about reading your last post, I do not care enough to read through 20 pages find out what you have been saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom