• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Hugs is 131414141509% Right everyone sucks... and you can never get pro in 2 weeks and your defenitaly not pro if you get the japan version of the game and play a month before the rest of us Your only pro when theres actually tournys

Mama

Smash Ace
How about when you come up with an advanced tactic, you just field test it in a tournament and see how it goes over. It's a lot better than just rushing online and trying to get credit for it.

The people at E4all only did it because no one else would even see the game in a long time. We figured if we made a new technique that really no one else would be doing for a while, might as well get credit for it and hope people trust us.

Let's just keep playing brawl for kicks until tournament results start telling us who is good and who is not. Yeah? Can we all agree on that?
We probably can't.

Nothing in this world can be said without some sort of disagreement.
Hell, the cure for all diseases will probably be met with some negativity.
Well doesn't this post just prove me all kinds of wrong. Well said and very true. I think it would actually be more interesting to have someone doing something nobody even knows about at a tournament and then people going wth was that. Then later it comes to light. That would be much more interesting than someone posting something on a forum.

And yea if they cured AIDS I bet there would be people complaining about it making youngsters have no fear of fornicatin' (lol). Can't please everyone all the time.

berserker515

Smash Cadet
wow this topic is pretty interesting. like one of those philosophical questions with no real answer. i do see where both sides are coming from though. my thoughts? well i believe there can be good/amazing players currently. even though the bar is still being raised by new discoveries, who ever is at the bar at the moment shouldn't they be considered good for the time being?
i see that people are making statements based on what COULD happen in the future. new techniques and the sort. but what if that never happens? what if what we see is what we get? i can see why people would jump to conclusions like this. but the chance of nothing new showing up is still a variable. that being said will automatically make whoever is at brawls current peak a "pro".

and giving oneself or others giving others titles has been around for centuries. and if you say you're not guilty of doing the same you're a liar. lil wayne says he's the best rapper alive, people say angelina is the sexiest woman ever and my friend claims to be the best kirby user ever. others will agree or disagree but its all a matter of ones perspective.

on another note. melee tournaments still didn't show who was pro. there can still be a group of people unknown to swf who could be better than those on the pro scene. hell there could be a whole side of melee no one has seen yet. unlikely yes, but is a possibility.

side note: stop brown nosing hugs and gimpy. it makes me sick seeing people act like little groupies!!!!!

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I like saying that everyone sucks at everything.
Keeps mankind on its toes.

%D Words are words. Take them as you will!

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.

EDIT: Skyshroud, you are a smart man.
In Skyshroud's words, incase you found me to be too harsh:
We all suck if you compare this to what's going to happen. But if someone beats 80% of the people he plays, he's good in this envoirement at this very moment. That you can't play brawl and want everyone to be your level is your problem. If someone beats a good melee player that's played brawl just as much as that someone he's probably good because good melee players have just more experience in playing against other (good) people.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Jumpman, I never once spoke about my win/loss record.

So don't jump to conclusions on anything.
It wasn't a conclusion. The point is that the definition of good is that people who are better than the majority are "good" and most of all do not suck. Why did "we" suck again?

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Weellll, there's that PBody tourney that happened, so can we factor that information in? I don't think anyone would disagree that NinjaLink plays a good Zelda considering the amount of time Brawl has been out.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is getting to specific on what hugs has said.

Dont take it literally, just the message from it

Its a new game, lets all just agree that some people suck less than others, but there is still so much to find out about the game that we cant say any one person is great.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It wasn't a conclusion. The point is that the definition of good is that people who are better than the majority are "good" and most of all do not suck. Why did "we" suck again?
Essentially, "we" suck because there's soooo much space for us to improve.

In melee, even though "theoretically" everyone can improve, due to the developed metagame most people quickly reach a sort of ceiling where there's no new actual knowledge to be learned, and advancement slows down significantly.

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I agree...with you...yes but don't you think...they deserve some cred maybe a little I mean ture melee brings nothing to the tabel of brawl I think we are all anxious to see what will happen btw Will HugS play brawl??? I mean how many Meleers will play BRAWL???

Kirye

Smash Ace
How about when you come up with an advanced tactic, you just field test it in a tournament and see how it goes over. It's a lot better than just rushing online and trying to get credit for it.

The people at E4all only did it because no one else would even see the game in a long time. We figured if we made a new technique that really no one else would be doing for a while, might as well get credit for it and hope people trust us.

Let's just keep playing brawl for kicks until tournament results start telling us who is good and who is not. Yeah? Can we all agree on that?
We probably can't.

Nothing in this world can be said without some sort of disagreement.
Hell, the cure for all diseases will probably be met with some negativity.
Well see, if it was an AT discovered like wave dashing, then yes! It's an important find, because it's gonna change how we play the game, just as in Melee.

But because so many people discovered techs in Melee, everyone wants in on the fun, so to speak. I keep seeing the stupidest threads with stuff like "You can land a split second faster if you use this AT I created all by myself! Let's name it after me. =3"

I haven't gotten Brawl, waiting for the US release myself, and i'm gonna be playing it like crazy with my friends, maybe hold a small tournament in my area. Of course, i'm gonna be playing it for funs sake first. I like to plow through a game before I start getting competitive on it.

No one knows who's good or not, there's too many people out there. It took us 6 years to realize who are the best in Melee, and even then there could still be non-tournament goers that kick our *** without trying. Of course, the word pro is always gonna be thrown around even if the game hasn't come out yet.

Or I could summarize this entire post in a few words. "Who cares. It'll take us a few years to know who's great at the game or not, and even then we're never gonna know."

I probably went off topic, I probably haven't. All in all, let people say what they want, the only thing that bothers me is the ******* thinking they're making useful ATs. Only one I think is of any use is the ink drop(name? I forget it.).

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Here's a thought about judging Brawl players right now based on vids:

Okay, I have a buddy who's REALLY into Virtua Fighter. The guy is nuts at the game. The thing is, that only really becomes apparent when I play him for kicks and get my *** whipped. Since I don't know much about the game, just watching people play VF means nothing to me. I can watch the world champions playing and to me, they might as well be 14 year olds mashing buttons. Why? Because I can't read the tactics, I can't read the mindgames, I have no idea if the things they're doing are difficult to pull off.

Now try to think about Brawl this way. Just as an example, when I first started watching Brawl vids, I cringed at the way everyone was rolling around so much. In Melee, rolling a lot is an obvious mark of a bad player. That **** will get you punished every time. But wait-- it's becoming more and more apparent to me that rolling is a much better and more viable tactic in Brawl because of the new game engine. See what I'm saying? It's really tough trying to judge how good someone is when you can't help but view their tactics through a super-thick Melee lens.

L1F3

Smash Cadet

This is like saying "I'm good at Halo 3 after playing it for 2 days straight...! I can beat Final Boss/Team Carbon!!!"

Yet, although I got the game on its release date and played constantly, I just learned a handful of tricks yesterday...

Playing Brawl for a few days and winning a lot doesn't mean that you are necessarily "good." Wait until Brawl gets some metagame development. In the future you will generally learn more and get better.

BUT

...it doens't always mean you will get better. I've played against the same people for years after we all learned advanced tech and the only one who's "good" is me, and I know I'll get beautifully ***** by any pro in Melee... just because they've adapted to and learned the METAGAME, something Brawl hasn't defined yet. And the game isn't even [legally] out yet.

It's not, "I'm good at Brawl because I have a high win ratio," it's "I can do interesting new things in Brawl while playing against people."

This thread is hurting the community of smash. The arrogant/ignorant people claiming the be good at Brawl just cuz they win alot do have one good thing about them... Pride. It's a sin. Nurture it XD

...baka

~L1F3

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I've played against the same people for years after we all learned advanced tech and the only one who's "good" is me, and I know I'll get beautifully ***** by any pro in Melee... just because they've adapted to and learned the METAGAME
This describes me perfectly as well. :p

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
$100 says if people were like, "omg, Hugs is pro at Brawl," he wouldn't have started this topic.

Who cares, Huggies? Certain people are better than others even though their skill right now won't compare to the skills people will develop in the future. No reason to make a topic about it.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
i dont even own brawl.

so i Can't suck.

hah.

thanks though, ive been TRYING to tell some hundred others around other forums,

but...i think youve done it better.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
If you havnt played the game it means you suck more than everyone that has in the least

Unfortunatly I am also among these people

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
If you havnt played the game it means you suck more than everyone that has in the least

Unfortunatly I am also among these people
Not true. You could have never played any demos and and at this very second get the game and still beat someone who's had since early yesterday.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Not true. You could have never played any demos and and at this very second get the game and still beat someone who's had since early yesterday.
That person must really suck then because anyone who gets Brawl the first day will be playing nonstop and will probably have a better handle for it than the person who plays the next day

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
That person must really suck then because anyone who gets Brawl the first day will be playing nonstop and will probably have a better handle for it than the person who plays the next day
How do you know they will be playing non stop. Some parents can be overdemanding you know :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom