• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
i don't understand how can us American brawlers be good at this game if we dont eve have it...Some people could get good at this game in 24 hours straight..

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
We all suck, because there is the potential for us to be much better, yet we aren't right now. We don't even know how Brawl is going to be played in the long run when it comes to spacing, speed, edgeguarding, or what have you. Ken in 2003 was good. The level he played at was at least comparable to what we see currently. No offense to Lucky, PsychoMidget, Gimpy, or anyone else, but when we look back on these videos we have now, someone will say, "This game sure was simple in the beginning."

Then someone will flame that poster and say, "Well duh it was simple back then, everyone sucked!"

Mars-

Smash Champion
HugS, your full of ****. If your good at brawl, then maybe you are the best? You might not be good compared to the full potential that the game has, but the game hasn't been out that long, you can't base the expected skill level on something that isn't there.

Brawl is completely different them melee. HugS, you may be top 8 in melee, but this is brawl, just because your not winning as much as you were in melee doesn't mean that nothing counts.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Well you suck too HugS. Wait, you agree with me? That's weird. Well just for the sake of a good argument, HugS is amazing at Brawl because he found out how to do the HugS dash with Samus by hitting a>b>left>Jump>right>left>shield>a>b all within a 7 frames.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
HugS, your full of ****. If your good at brawl, then maybe you are the best? You might not be good compared to the full potential that the game has, but the game hasn't been out that long, you can't base the expected skill level on something that isn't there.

Brawl is completely different them melee. HugS, you may be top 8 in melee, but this is brawl, just because your not winning as much as you were in melee doesn't mean that nothing counts.
**** yes. I love you Mars. That's what I was trying to say when I said he wouldn't be *****ing if people were praising him. I just didn't want to be so blunt, but you spoke my mind for me. Thank you.

I had a feeling this thread started because Huggies wasn't getting the same amount of attention as he did in Melee. Poor guy. Must be hard.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Allow me to categorize the people in this thread:

Smart People - People who think with logic, take the time to read through an entire post instead of assuming that so-and-so said ____, consider the opinions offered, and in turn post something meaningful and/or insightful.

Not-So-Smart People - People who don't use common sense and assume they are right without taking the time to back up their opinions with anything other than mindless accusations.

So basically you have people who read this post and people who did not.

And then there's HugS, laughing his *** off that we're taking this so seriously.

Oh, btw, if you want people to value your opinion, try not to sound so bitter.

Mars-

Smash Champion
**** yes. I love you Mars. That's what I was trying to say when I said he wouldn't be *****ing if people were praising him. I just didn't want to be so blunt, but you spoke my mind for me. Thank you.

I had a feeling this thread started because Huggies wasn't getting the same amount of attention as he did in Melee. Poor guy. Must be hard.
I'm not saying hugs is bad, don't get me wrong.

But from what I took of this thread, hugs is saying that the people who are winning aren't good, well if they are winning then I guess they are good aren't they? I'm sure that hugs is doing very well in brawl, and by the time I actually get it people will be way ahead of me skill level wise, however, thats when the good gets seperated from the lucky, when the people who can adapt the most leave everybody else behind.

Thats my view on it.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm not saying hugs is bad, don't get me wrong.

But from what I took of this thread, hugs is saying that the people who are winning aren't good, well if they are winning then I guess they are good aren't they? I'm sure that hugs is doing very well in brawl, and by the time I actually get it people will be way ahead of me skill level wise, however, thats when the good gets seperated from the lucky, when the people who can adapt the most leave everybody else behind.

Thats my view on it.
Yeah, I'm sure he's decent at least. There's a certain amount of skill that can carry over from one game to another and I'm sure that's helping him. It just seems like he's mad because he isn't in the spotlight. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what it seems like to me.

Seriously though, look at Chu, Chillin, Forte, and Light. No way can you say they aren't good. Yes, people will get better than them in the future, but for now, they are the best players around.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Seriously though, look at Chu, Chillin, Forte, and Light. No way can you say they aren't good. Yes, people will get better than them in the future, but for now, they are the best players around.
Or not, based on my predictions the people that were good at the start of melee will be good in the start of brawl, reason being that they could adapt to melee quicker then others, shouldn't the same go for brawl?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Or not, based on my predictions the people that were good at the start of melee will be good in the start of brawl, reason being that they could adapt to melee quicker then others, shouldn't the same go for brawl?
I meant that people will have more skill than they currently have. I have no doubt that Chu, Chillin, and the rest will still be really good Brawl players once the game has been out for a while.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley

Wow mars, good job. You know me so well. I mean you know precisely how well I am playing on a game that isn't even out in the US yet. Way to miss the point time and time again.

Hmm, attention like what? Requests for interviews on major websites? I'm doing fine in that department.
Nah...I'd say ignorance is much harder to deal with. If you had any clue as to who I was as an individual, you would understand that I'd have the same exact views, whether I was being praised or not.

Thank you mars and Ban Heim, you guys have me down to a science, apparently.

People who got the point of this thread have already gotten it. Those that haven't, won't. I tried. I'll be practicing. Good luck to everyone.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS

hello

Edit: also, you can't say we suck at Brawl for the same reason other people cant say people are great at Brawl. The depth of the game is an unknown right now, it could be as deep as the ocean or as shallow as Paris Hilton. There's an equal chance between what is good now being crap in the future and what is good now being good in the future(God I hope its not that one :()

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Ok, I'll try to be clear about this one last time.

I am not speaking from experience with the game of brawl. Because honestly, who really does have any extended experience with it? I am speaking from experience with a competitive smash community from beginning to end.
I can see some indications of the ceiling and the potential. It's perfectly fair to say that we suck. Saying we are good would be admitting that we are already nearing some sort of peak. We are far from it.

And yes, apparently there are people that are winning. But I ask you, who is it that they are playing?
Beating other ****ty players makes one good? Out of here with that logic. If people instead said "good job winning" then by all means.

**** man, I can step on roaches, doesn't make me a good assassin.

There's far more to being Amazing/great/pro than winning. I wish you guys could just trust me on that notion, because like certain academic subjects, it's hard to understand without experience.

Binx

Smash Master
I only read to page 3 so I am sure someone has said this already but in Melee it took me over a year to truly understand all my options in a given point, now with brawl we still dont really understand optimal movement because more than likely we havn't discovered the best ways of being mobile yet, we cannot have good spacing because spacing implies we know the correct move vs the correct character at the correct time, with the correct distancing, NO ONE could possibly have all of that ingrained as reflex yet, although this game IS slower so perhaps we won't need to have it all as muscle memory the same way we did in melee.

In conclusion Hugs is right-ish

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
To put it in alternate terms, I think Hugs isn't really saying that everyone sucks, per se...it's more of a 'Yea, just because you're winning all the time doesn't mean you're good at the game, you're just better than the other guy'. He's right, the game is new, not much is known, no one knows their characters inside out yet...so there's no mastery of the game itself involved, just tests of raw instinct, reflex, and ability to out-mindgame the opponent. So don't get offended by what Hugs is saying, because really, all it means is this; don't get too cocky this early on, it's too early for a proper measurement of true Brawling skill yet.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Not sure I see the point in this. Can you give us an ETA on when it's appropriate to say that a player is good?

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
you shouldnt make a post entitled "everyone sucks" because it is assumed you are just being an *** hole, if you really agree we are all new to this game and everyone needs to learn how to master it, then why say "you all suck"
you were looking for controversy with your first (original) post

fishsticks

Smash Apprentice
Shanghai, China /// originally from Troy, MI
Not sure I see the point in this. Can you give us an ETA on when it's appropriate to say that a player is good?
For one thing, only a handful of people in America actually own a copy of Brawl right now.

I'd say at the very least March 17th or so. You know, when the English version's been released, and everyone's had a bit of time to play.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
"Attention! You all suck at Brawl."

the message is right there... can you see it?

hugs, will you be my friend?

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
For one thing, only a handful of people in America actually own a copy of Brawl right now.

I'd say at the very least March 17th or so. You know, when the English version's been released, and everyone's had a bit of time to play.
We're going to have to wait much longer than March 17th, according to the original post. It'll take years to reach the "ceiling." Until then I don't think it's unreasonable to label someone who wins consistently as a good player.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
If anyone else had created this thread, it might have like, fifteen posts.

I am good at the game, **** what anybody else says.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
If anyone else had created this thread, it might have like, fifteen posts.

I am good at the game, **** what anybody else says.
I don't knwo if you're good at the game, but I'm sure you don't suck. Trust me, HugS sucks more.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow mars, good job. You know me so well. I mean you know precisely how well I am playing on a game that isn't even out in the US yet. Way to miss the point time and time again.
Are you actually saying that the game isn't in the U.S.?

This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.
It seems pretty clear to me that you are telling people not to say that they are good, even if they are #1 in the world. You can not honestly be saying that because not everybody has reached brawl's full potential in 2 weeks, that people suck.

Also, when you said "You suck, I suck, we all suck", that kind of implies that you have brawl, so don't give me that "not released in the US" ****, you are clearly leading people on that you have brawl yourself.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
No one can suck at this game, unless if they don't know how to survive (as in know how to use b^ properly, and not knowing how to shield) and use the basics.

If they know how to do that, then they're just like everyone else.

Then after that there are the "pros", aka "glitch abusers" and "(winning) tourny attenders", that bet with money to win at a video game vs others using glitches that other people (or they themselves) have found, which wasn't even intended to be in the game (why else did they remove wavedashing and such..).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom