• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
can someone lock this thread?! And ban HugS now for making it?
I know if I made this thread, It would be locked and I would be banned within 10 minutes...

It's old and irrelevant now. Not to mention a stupid thread to begin with

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
can someone lock this thread?! And ban HugS now for making it?
I know if I made this thread, It would be locked and I would be banned within 10 minutes...

It's old and irrelevant now. Not to mention a stupid thread to begin with
All I heard was... I wanna be famous too so I can type stuff and not have it locked.

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
HE GOT AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE IT IS TWO MONTHS OLD
IT WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME IT WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED
Is it that hard to read a date?

Squirtle_Squad

Smash Rookie
...well I'm still waiting for something revolutionary to make brawl a better game in terms of competition (and I'm also waiting the **** game to be released in Europe...)
I live in NZ had same prob but got a wii freeloader, look them up they aren't that expensive and
are totally worth it to be playing brawl now

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used to say I suck in Melee. Then I realised it hurts people's feelings when you beat them to the ground horribly and then say you suck.

I like this thread because it hurts people's feelings.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Completely agreed HugS...i mean, hell...i'd like to think I'm good at brawl. We all would, in fact if someone asked me if i were good, i'd say "yes".

But in reality, the game hasn't been out long. At all. I remember before melee got competitive we all thought we were the **** when we pulled off a nice roll dodge. : /

The game's going to change over time and once new things surface, players will start to separate themselves from the pack.

Until then.
We all suck.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, oh yea, I did suck at first, I lost to three level 7 AI on 3 on 1 . XD

But now I got the hang of it, trying all three level 9 gave me a pity smash from time to time. XD

I'll get better next time. (goes to try the 3 on 1 match again).

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
HE GOT AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE IT IS TWO MONTHS OLD
IT WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME IT WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED
Is it that hard to read a date?
Even if it was correct at that time, it was ruthless and unnecessary.

I used to say I suck in Melee. Then I realised it hurts people's feelings when you beat them to the ground horribly and then say you suck.

I like this thread because it hurts people's feelings.
This is why it hasn't been locked....

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
There are those who are better than others, but that doesn't mean they're good. It just means that they can beat someone else.

They can still suck.

There is no time limit to when we can stop sucking. It's something that will happen over time once we gain more in-depth knowledge of the game.

@ Executive - Well, you ask who determines who sucks or not or when we can stop sucking. Ok then, who determines that you're good? You can play someone and win, but that won't mean you're good, it just means you can beat someone because you're better. But even if you're better, that doesn't take away from the fact that you could still suck.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
@ Corimon: It was more of a quasi-humor post but I get your point. I guess if I were to be a bit more straightforward my question would be "when approximately will the metagame be advanced enough that we can distinguish 'good' players from 'bad' players at this point in time in reference to the current floor/ceiling of play?" Will this naturally occur on its own, or do people rely on a catalyst like an SBR tier list? I'm just confused as to what constitutes an advanced metagame, esp. when Melee can't be used as a comparison due to numerous differences in gameplay/physics/ATs (see Scar's thread). Similarity in this case is only skin deep.

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
@ Corimon: It was more of a quasi-humor post but I get your point. I guess if I were to be a bit more straightforward my question would be "when approximately will the metagame be advanced enough that we can distinguish 'good' players from 'bad' players at this point in time in reference to the current floor/ceiling of play?" Will this naturally occur on its own, or do people rely on a catalyst like an SBR tier list? I'm just confused as to what constitutes an advanced metagame, esp. when Melee can't be used as a comparison due to numerous differences in gameplay/physics/ATs (see Scar's thread). Similarity in this case is only skin deep.

It happened last week. No one told you?

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.

EDIT: Skyshroud, you are a smart man.
In Skyshroud's words, incase you found me to be too harsh:

I watched those interviews from some game videos website and I think Gimpy owns you HugS!

I'll lay the smack down on your Samus!

HugS Samus for bottom tier! :chuckle:

But seriously, lets play ;)

Brookman

Smash Hero
This is just Hugs' way of making himself feel better about not being any good at Brawl.

mirite?

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
This will probably be locked in record time, but I just needed to point this out.

No one is good at this game.
Stop saying " wow ____ has an amazing pit". He doesn't.
No more "This guy is showing us how the game should be played". He isn't.

Everyone sucks at brawl. You don't get points for beating a good melee player in brawl. You don't get points for winning only 65% of the matches you play. You suck, I suck, we all suck.

The only skill difference between brawlers now is that certain players just suck a little less.
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.

Thank you.

EDIT: Skyshroud, you are a smart man.
In Skyshroud's words, incase you found me to be too harsh:
Since you are not good, doesn't mean we all are not. Stop being bitter. I defeated everyone at my mall and I never lost a match.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
your sort of right ..

so far i see 3 skill lvls instead of the like 7 in melee.

first the absolute scrubs who dont know that u can air dodge more then once and they wont eadgeguard.
then the guys like me who are getting prety good. they found out the way to win at brawl is being semi campy/ defensive then agressive. useing the new floaty feel for advatnage
then the people who have discovered nice tricks to their characters like the snakeslide or whatever.

combo videos are fake so im thinking were close to brawls max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom