• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Smash Community: Please Read.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I feel like NE is lacking in the tournament department. Last MM had 54 brawl entrances and 30 some odd melee entrances. While that's not *that* bad, it was advertised as the last one.
Swift, you made a good point that PoF doesn't go to NY tournies and you know what? Neither do I. I should fix that (even though it's like 3 hours away).

How big was the other tournament on that day?
30 for singles

more ppl overall entered teams

probly a few gym rats(ppl who just go for friendlies)

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I feel for you. It is a real shame. It does seem that melee players complain a lot about not having enough tournaments yet many of them won't go to a tournament unless there is x number of melee pros there.

Brawl+ is a young community give it time.

Good luck next time. Step it up CT.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
its Axe Islam

my thoughts on this:

I've promoted a tourney for less than a month for brawl and i'm gonna get at least 70 entrants i believe, dunno what you're doing wrong

noodles

Smash Champion
Premium perk. A problem i ran into was an account a made awhile back named noodles. Since technically it was already in use i had to prove that it was mine (simple pm). Then queenkilljoy was nice enough to change the noodles acount to noodles415 in order for me to get the noodles name.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The problem with the last mass madness was simply poor advertising.

Keep in mind it was created back in june and never had a date.

I'm sure if it happened again and I could give people a month or two's notice with a definite date people would be more inclined to come.

-KevinM's Gospel Truth,

noodles

Smash Champion
Like twice me and icy put up a tournament in 3 days notice. The last time it was actually the day before since gamezones power got fuxed and there was 20+ people, lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Like twice me and icy put up a tournament in 3 days notice. The last time it was actually the day before since gamezones power got fuxed and there was 20+ people, lol.
Most of those people were confirmed for the other one and managed to get rides there, thats a different story hah.

noodles

Smash Champion
yea yea >_<. Id rather that it wouldve been held in RI though. It being in ct let enabled dazwa/darc to come and steal money :mad:. Me and icy finally beat fatal/kevin that day too ;_;.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Swift: I'll step up my TO'ing. It's just last time at Bullheaded, I didn't have to do anything because Mike was there and he basically ran **** with his staff. At Acronym the staff guy that was there played wow the whole time and didn't really do much which I was unprepared for. Next time I'll be the one to really run **** it's just at Acronym I made a terrible assumption.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
LMFAO!!!!

brawl+ is a joke...

should have had sunday be vbrawl AND brawl +

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
30 for singles

more ppl overall entered teams

probly a few gym rats(ppl who just go for friendlies)

this is such a major problem for most people

swift why was i not mentioned as an awesome TO :(

also the best thing to do is really just shrug it off and keep going. complaining and blaming a community does not really help. It makes you (POF) look like a child complaining about not getting his way. I have had bad turnouts in the past and even my first saffron was not that great ( 20 people or so ) but with effort and simple hard work things turn out well. People knew the tournaments i held were fun and never had issues ( apex anyone? lol ) so take the advice of swift and travel a tiny bit instead of expecting everyone to go to you.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
this is such a major problem for most people

swift why was i not mentioned as an awesome TO :(

also the best thing to do is really just shrug it off and keep going. complaining and blaming a community does not really help. It makes you (POF) look like a child complaining about not getting his way. I have had bad turnouts in the past and even my first saffron was not that great ( 20 people or so ) but with effort and simple hard work things turn out well. People knew the tournaments i held were fun and never had issues ( apex anyone? lol ) so take the advice of swift and travel a tiny bit instead of expecting everyone to go to you.

**** i totally forgot. You r a great TO no doubt you know I got mad respect for u. Not only did I forget about you but you and crismas

=)

my bad

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
nah go to saffron and take notes or viridian or vermilion XD

@ swift imo ppl shoul read my aib article on TOing

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i cant beat that no venue fee is **** but ya saffron is still fun :)

btw viridian is brawl scar so im sigging that lolz

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
In a nutshell...this is what happened..

The tournament was hyped up...

It was noted that it was in CT and we would probably need a ride but if we couldn't we would just take public transportation.

Lo and behold we couldn't get a ride so we decided to look at our public transportation options

Turns out the venue is soo "middle of nowhere" status that there were no REAL options to get there via public transportation so we decided not to go.

What killed this tournament IMHO was the venue location. Since we made travel arrangements last minute that was the reason why we backed out last minute. The whole time we were interested in this tournament we had no idea it was gonna be this hard to get to via public transportation. If we had an alternative we would have definitely went. It's as simple as that. For some reason us deciding not to go affected a lot of other people...for that I'm really sorry man but I honestly can't say I didn't expect that to happen since that's what normally happens when a group of people back out, it sort of has a domino effect.

Once again I'm really sorry man, I'm glad that you got at least 30 people (which for any tournament should suffice) but just sort of disappointed that it wasn't as good as it could have been due to the fact that we bailed.

For the record I personally think Brawl+ and Melee should be the same day...having Brawl+ on Sunday sort of makes it seem..secondary to me. Not that Melee should be secondary, I just feel things should be equal. Just a little advice for the next tourney :-\

noodles

Smash Champion
You can take a train to wallingford which is like a 15 minute walk from the venue. Theres also a city bus from the newhaven train station that brings you to the walmart which is like a 3 minute walk.

Spife

Smash Master
You could also fly on clouds. Mario's done it, Goku has done it. I mean, come the **** on.
I use the clouds every mother ****in' day!

phish-it

Smash Champion
I think it was just a coincidence this tourney had such a low turnout. Although one person not making it seems to trigger others from not coming but what are you going to do? Location isn't the problem, digital mayhem has held many large tournaments before (ESTICLE 's anyone?)

But yeah you should've just decided to make brawl + on the same day when you saw people dropping out.

Banks

Smash Hero
i only didn't go to this because my niece's bday party was on the same day. a ****ty coincidence for me, but maybe a bunch of those make for a big horrible coincidence?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Strife and Swift do actually present a reasonable point. I am lacking in the travel department and I guess I need to show the community that I am willing to travel myself and not just expect everyone to go to me.

noodles

Smash Champion
Im getting the tio file tomorrow if it doesnt get uploaded by then. I wish spawn held his tournament at dm too XD.

Top Bottom