• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Smash Community: Please Read.

Spife

Smash Master
leaving in about 10 mintues, will be there in 1.5 hours, puhleaaase don't start singles first

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Cool story bro. You say that like everyday and than two weeks later you're like "Hey guys! Whats going on?"
Aesir only like to play with me. I feed him and stay up all night making funny jokes and talking about women and making fun of Marc while he sleeps.

leaving in about 10 mintues, will be there in 1.5 hours, puhleaaase don't start singles first
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
T.T I know you're basically already there, but PICK ME UP IN WORCESTER T~T;;

SHANUS !!!
WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU? T.T I need to know whats goin' down.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Aesir only like to play with me. I feed him and stay up all night making funny jokes and talking about women and making fun of Marc while he sleeps.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
T.T I know you're basically already there, but PICK ME UP IN WORCESTER T~T;;

SHANUS !!!
WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU? T.T I need to know whats goin' down.
wut .

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Boo to you not attending both Sat and Sun.

Registration starts at around 12 and events begin at 1 on both days.

I can house whoever but i need to know who im housing........
Well... I don't play Melee seriously, and as far as I know, from the OP, there will be NO setups of anything other than Melee day one, so what's the point?

At this point I'm on the fence. It's my sister's b-day (well was a week ago), and we're partying with our friends tonight. That means I'll probably be up late. If I'm to make the Brawl+ stuff tomorrow I really have to leave by 9am or so. Which brings me to my next point... a 3+ hour drive is probably too much for me to deal with. Especially because I'd be making that trek back the very same day. It's a ton of wear and tear on my car, and a ton of gas money.

It sucks, because I want to go badly, it's just, I don't think it's realistic for me to do so. If it was closer, I'd go unquestionably. Heck, if it was 1.5 hours, I'd be fine.

In the end, thanks for maintaining this event P.O.F, I do appreciate it, sorry that I may not be able to make it!

Does anyone know of any Brawl+ tournaments in the distant to near future that are closer to Boston? I'm fine with 1.5 hour drive or so. If I was going for an entire weekend I wouldn't really care about the drive (even if it was 3 hours), but based on the fact that we can only play X game on X day it just wouldn't seem worth going for longer than the tournament actually is. I'd like to play Brawl+ all day everyday. :p

shanus

Smash Hero
can't make it now, just woke up to my cat throwing up/****ting everywhere and needs to go to the vet :(

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
True question

Has Shanus ever gone to a brawl+ tournament with all that he promotes it.

I've always seen you say you're attending and then later on never go.

I mean that sucks a lot dude I'm just playing around and being curious.

noodles

Smash Champion
kinda reminds of DD. Not this time since shanus was suppose to be his ride though.

shanus

Smash Hero
True question

Has Shanus ever gone to a brawl+ tournament with all that he promotes it.

I've always seen you say you're attending and then later on never go.

I mean that sucks a lot dude I'm just playing around and being curious.
I took a plane trip to BtL1 in Philly from RI without any car ride which backed out a week before.

10iwins

my cat managed to get poop on the wall this morning.

10 iloses.

off to go buy meds :-\

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
That wont be necessary.

Absolutely NO ONE showed today.

Yup, no one. Good **** Brawl +.

I'm too busy now with HW and school but I definitely will be making a post later on.

noodles

Smash Champion
Daaaaamn. Thats ridiculous. I really wanna see the melee brackets though.

bolt.

Smash Ace
i cna tell u melee entrants iirc:

sol
phish it
swift
roman
arc
bolt
pof
spife

me mike and zoso didnt enter
1swift
2sol
3phish it
4arc
5roman
5spife
7pof
7bolt

I'm pretty sure that was the order.

I'd like to thank arc for helping me a lot, swift for being really cool, and pof for letting me sleep over his house and organizing everything.

noodles

Smash Champion
**** garrett >_<. Who did you play against? I thought roman might place better too.

noodles

Smash Champion
Guess that brawl+ marth he was trying to mm people with was really good lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
That sucks. I'm happy I chose not to go. 15 dollars for 61 entrants? I could understand if it was like a BIG tournament but that tournament had A LOT OF HYPE. Brawl Entrants?
LOL Solid Jake and Game Universe.
I said going to SNES was dumb because I'd rather do the same thing with people for cheaper maybe because im moving into a condo next week and going to have to start paying bills and such?
Basically look at it like this- Ice Cream sundae right down the street for 1.00 or drive twenty minutes to get the same ice cream? Its the same comparison Did I mention its on the beach, there will be parties, and some certain smashers by the name of aesir and spawn are invited. Noodles-You're too young. lol.

If smash brothers got me into Harvard, got me a job as a teacher at Yale, or was some form of edible substance I'd say Smash was much more important. But its ****ing entertainment. No different than watching The Matrix, Family Guy, or playing monopoly
lol wut

you know there was a tournament in md/va on the same day, right

I will agree the Brawl + community is amazing. All of the players seem extremely nice, dedicated to seeing the community grow, willing to travel far to play and just get people into the game, and on top of all that some of them add to the development of the game.

Brawl + Community > Grab Releases.
wut?

so no one came to your tournament, big deal. it happens, man up bro

Dekar173

Justice Man
Brawl+ is SUCH a good competitive game that everyone was scared to show up! Ya, that's it!

In all seriousness OP, I feel bad for you man. I'm sorry :( Abq's smash scene stagnated for a while, until finally Melee just died. That's what happens with older games, the weaker regions die out while the stronger regions become even stronger. D:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
back in my region of the MW tourneys were only ohio and pittsburgh we tried our hardest to make it to each others. The love was reciprocated because we traveled to each others stuff.

Not accounting for the fact that a large amount of people do not like your boards personality(cuz im pretty sure theres a good amount who like you too):

you rly dun travel which hurts ur credibility. Maybe you should take a saturday and travel to a NY tourney or something thats not a major. Furthermore, the last tourney you held had a crappy turnout. Plus the one before that(correct me if Im wrong) had money stolen. If you look at it from an objective view.....your track record is NOT that good. Whether you wanna believe it or not the mages are still fighting to get into the good graces with some smashers after VLS(which is a shame but true)

you and spawn need to actually TO ****. The DM guy came back to us 3 times about registering and paying venue fee. Me, mike$ and dave paid ASAP but like he had to come back there like 3 times + I had to get everyones attention for ppl just to pay venue fee after being there for a few hours. One person didn't even pay but I won't say names (*STARES HARD*) The guy couldve been a real d!ck but he didn't and left it to us which is nice.

I know that a small turnout is discouraging but whether the turnout is huge or small you still have the obligation of holding stuff and acting professionally/accordingly because thats what you advertised. If I wasn't there there would have been no vote on singles or proper seeding. yea I won singles but if I were greedy I wouldn't have unconditionally split with Sol.

I know friendlies are fun but when the venue guy comes back and announces registration you can at least look up or something. I sat right there as no one budged or even acknowledged him. players usually dun but TO's should. Spawn this goes for you too. To's need to be vocal, commanding and have some kind of presence and y'all honestly have been bad at it from my experience.

I used to break Scar/PockyD's balls in my head about how they always criticized tourneys not run by themselves, or WoZ(misses WoZ *cries*) or the Kishes(cuz apparently FCD was one of the best tourneys evar) but now I can see where they are coming from. Something so simple in nature being squandered is a real time travesty.

You can blame people for flaking out on you all you want. I do not blame you cuz ALOT of people did bail however if I were some out of state player who showed up anyways(like Upstate did) I wouldn't wanna come again due to bad TO'ing and no organization. You can hype things on boards forever but in reality its what you do the day of that gets the most appeal.

Scar and Alukard:
If y'all come up to a tourney in CT and I am there I will make sure that you guys do not end up TO'ing **** like usual. Thats the Swift promise. people from OOS shouldn't have to come to a tourney and help run it(except for like seeding but even then it should be just a double check thing)

If ya'll can't tell I'm a bit distraught with the current lineup of CT TO's.
omg swift then why dun you just TO As soon as I am able to do so it will happen believe me I've been putting some srs thought into it

Spife

Smash Master
I feel like NE is lacking in the tournament department. Last MM had 54 brawl entrances and 30 some odd melee entrances. While that's not *that* bad, it was advertised as the last one.
Swift, you made a good point that PoF doesn't go to NY tournies and you know what? Neither do I. I should fix that (even though it's like 3 hours away).

How big was the other tournament on that day?

Top Bottom