• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTENTION ALL TOURNEY HOSTS - Ban Ledge Stalling

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
m2k nobody has really proven it banworthy so do ur thing and prove it so.
How's he going to do that? By beating the same people he ALWAYS beats without it? :laugh:

I could 3 stock ANYONE if I just got a lead then went to the edge. The fact that I could easily do that to anyone and beat them so badly proves how stupid it is.
Jason, I'll play you in friendlies this Saturday. You get to start the match off by grabbing me and doing one grab attack then you have to go to the ledge and plank me. If I gain the percent lead with some degree of consistency, you have to post on the boards and admit planking isn't broken.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
you support planking and are backing up that it's fair, you're dumb

this is really tempting me to just abuse it until you all see how stupid it is

it is NOTHING like other fighting games camping where you can just fight them on the stage

it is not comparable AT ALL

I could 3 stock ANYONE if I just got a lead then went to the edge. The fact that I could easily do that to anyone and beat them so badly proves how stupid it is. Fighting people can make close games AND BE FUN but running to the ledge having a huge advantage the ENTIRE time just from a small lead is not fair at all. Sometimes strategies are so broken that they shouldn't be allowed, but if you insist on saying it's not fair then every time that it's not banned I am going to abuse it from now on. Is that what you want the game to come down to? I really like fighting people but I also like winning but if no one seems to have a problem with this then I will just use it to make winning even easier than it already is.
I think you should do it, man. I think you're probably right about how effective it can be, and if anyone can show it, it's you.

Win a couple tournaments this month doing just that.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe some of your experience players can't see how this technique is too powerfull.

I am not exactly sure what are all the gay stuff you can do with planking but that 70 edge grab thing would be way too high a number. As some of you said that ment grabing the edge every 7 second aproximatly for 8 minute.

So lets say your on delfino with MK that would ment that each time your on the flying carpet you could just go and grab the edge, then atack from below and then forward B to the ledge or shuttle loop whatever works and is safe for MK ( that takes about second 6 seconds with meta and his 5 jump)

If you did that a whole 8 minute you would barely bust the 70 limit considering you can save a few seconds when you kill the oponent/spawn/your oponent runs to the top platform tired of geting *****, but the stage has other transformation where you cant do it so you will never go above 70, even if you always plank the edge of delfino for 8 minutes

Another thing i noticed that abuse the timer on that stage when you have % advantage is the fact on certain transformation you can go almost outside the screen. Now if you do that and your at 150% and your oponent is at 50 % well he cant really come and attack you because the risk/reward ratio is terrible. Imaging dying at 50% from a bthrow

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I can't believe some of your experience players can't see how this technique is too powerfull.

I am not exactly sure what are all the gay stuff you can do with planking but that 70 edge grab thing would be way too high a number. As some of you said that ment grabing the edge every 7 second aproximatly for 8 minute.

So lets say your on delfino with MK that would ment that each time your on the flying carpet you could just go and grab the edge, then atack from below and then forward B to the ledge or shuttle loop whatever works and is safe for MK ( that takes about second 6 seconds with meta and his 5 jump)

If you did that a whole 8 minute you would barely bust the 70 limit considering you can save a few seconds when you kill the oponent/spawn/your oponent runs to the top platform tired of geting *****, but the stage has other transformation where you cant do it so you will never go above 70, even if you always plank the edge of delfino for 8 minutes

Another thing i noticed that abuse the timer on that stage when you have % advantage is the fact on certain transformation you can go almost outside the screen. Now if you do that and your at 150% and your oponent is at 50 % well he cant really come and attack you because the risk/reward ratio is terrible. Imaging dying at 50% from a bthrow
wow dominic you've enlightened me, i can't see how i've overlooked this genius information in 3 years of playing smash but you learned within a month of joining the boards. you sir, are a god

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
wow dominic you've enlightened me, i can't see how i've overlooked this genius information in 3 years of playing smash but you learned within a month of joining the boards. you sir, are a god
lol what ? most of my post was about simple math. And just saying I would find it gay if someone would always attack from below the carpet in delfino as a 70 max edge hog rule would alow a meta knight to fight that way. If you had already realised 70 was plenty of edge grab to enable someone to do that good. I did not have time to read everything so maybe it was posted before.

It was only my opinion then this strategy was abusive. I guess time will tell who is right.

But more seriously, are you a ******, or mad at life ? Also if i am new to this comunity as you seems to think, dont you think you should respectfull

GofG

Smash Champion
Fighting people can make close games AND BE FUN but running to the ledge having a huge advantage the ENTIRE time just from a small lead is not fair at all. Sometimes strategies are so broken that they shouldn't be allowed, but if you insist on saying it's not fair then every time that it's not banned I am going to abuse it from now on. Is that what you want the game to come down to? I really like fighting people but I also like winning but if no one seems to have a problem with this then I will just use it to make winning even easier than it already is.
Sirlin said:
When players think they have found a game-breaking tactic, I advise them to go win some tournaments with it. If they can prove that the game really is reduced to just that tactic, then perhaps a ban is warranted. It’s extremely rare that a player is ever able to prove this though. In fact, I don’t even have any examples of it.
sounds good to me, m2k

Browny

Smash Hater

Jason, I'll play you in friendlies this Saturday. You get to start the match off by grabbing me and doing one grab attack then you have to go to the ledge and plank me. If I gain the percent lead with some degree of consistency, you have to post on the boards and admit planking isn't broken.
And you should attempt to beat it using every single character except MK and Snake and see how many characters remain tournament viable if he does do this in a tournament.

OverLade

Smash Hero

No point in using EVERY character. Some of them are unviable regardless of planking.
I think it's only reasonable if you try at least using every viable character you know how to.

If you're Metaknight and someone is planking you can generally do something about it. But for 90% of the cast (even most viable characters) there's not much you can do.

@Omni no I wasn't joking about taking away the timer. Running a 30minutematch is nonsense. But I dont think taking away the timer would make anyone less aggressive.

Spam is the only one I could even bothering trying to take advantage of that. :p

Nic64

Smash Lord
so basically, edge camping is cool as long as you can shoot projectiles while you're at it, but if you're a projectileless character like MK or GAW, don't dare do it? XD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
that way you can plank even if you are behind

i see how that is more fair

oh wait...

Lizard

Smash Ace
Plank in accordance to the technique, not the player personally

No Hate intended.... I apoligize if taken so.

I personally do not like planking, and would not use it, but until it is banned, it is a very viable technique.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
its all good, i dont use it either really unless its against falco, cuz i hate falco

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
plank just likes to plank. i don't know why he claims only done it a few times and only against that one character. you don't get a strategy named after you for only doing it a little bit.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
theres no reason why planking shouldn't be banned, how can you argue in its favor?

m2k please dont go to those kinds of levels,it'll make me sadface

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
No don't... i love doing this, jp, ledgecamping is gay agreed and banning it... well its hard to actually just count each time he hasn't been on the ledge in a matter of seconds.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You REALLY wouldn't.
Spam is most likely the gayest Brawl player on Earth.
*cough*

admittedly though, I've been slipping. The less I practice, the more I attempt to play aggressive and technical. Weird.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You REALLY wouldn't.
Spam is most likely the gayest Brawl player on Earth.
I doubt it...I camped Lain because Meta can't 0-->death Icies from a grab and Icies can do that to Meta. I took Anther to the timer because I was furious I lost to the timer being one minute too short. Against most people, I just space in a way that it's hard for me to get hit because you get rewarded more for playing defensively in Brawl than for playing offensively.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

I doubt it...I camped Lain because Meta can't 0-->death Icies from a grab and Icies can do that to Meta. I took Anther to the timer because I was furious I lost to the timer being one minute too short. Against most people, I just space in a way that it's hard for me to get hit because you get rewarded more for playing defensively in Brawl than for playing offensively.

Spam don't even go there. We know how you get on your last stock XD

It's like a good thing in Brawl really. He who plays the gayest, wins the most

Top Bottom