• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit - Third Event TBD...

JFox

Smash Hero
Sliq go to Mass Madness
:D

Chibo, it's mainly melee players going to MM. Seriously.
Yeah wtf, if u think its gonna be mainly melee players, why is there brawl doubles and not melee doubles. 2 events for a minority, while only one for a majority? That is illogical.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Probably because I just copy and paste the first post from other MMs and sometimes change around the colors, change the date, and occasionally the times of each event. o_o
I'll see what everyone has to say, and see if I can get a mod to add a poll seeing which one is wanted more.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Probably because I just copy and paste the first post from other MMs and sometimes change around the colors, change the date, and occasionally the times of each event. o_o
I'll see what everyone has to say, and see if I can get a mod to add a poll seeing which one is wanted more.
lol u kinda still dont get it ... u just said mass maddness was going to b all melee yet u have brawl doubles and singles over melee ... which that shows its deff not majority melee

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
make a future mass madness a melee only and give us around a month notice + and il make it a anmc event

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
lol u kinda still dont get it ... u just said mass maddness was going to b all melee yet u have brawl doubles and singles over melee ... which that shows its deff not majority melee
Brawl comes first because we want to get it out of the way, I edited the post and took doubles out because I had forgotten to (It clashes with the "we will do doubles of either game if possible" thing), and I know a few melee players from MA can't make it till at least 4 anyway.

Chibo, the MM tournaments aren't often stickied (this makes twice) and this will probably have the largest amount of melee entrants at MM since brawl's release.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, the MM tournaments aren't often stickied (this makes twice) and this will probably have the largest amount of melee entrants at MM since brawl's release.
dont worry, il get anmc events stickied. still, theres no guaranteed melee doubles, and brawl singles is at the event. if there are tons of melee players them, make sure they want more and advertise the next MM as melee only so ul get all those ppl + more

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
=|

Is it really worth the trouble?
People have been vouching for MM for this, would it really hurt to make MM an event or something? What's the problem with it?
Melee doubles is becoming more likely by the day, and I've contacted the store owner seeing if we can stay open late again *the last MM went till 2:30am when the store normally closes at 11pm.* so if that is the case then melee doubles is guaranteed.

Does that satisfy you?

Alukard

Smash Hero
listen if my tourney for the 11th is too short notice this is definitely too short notice

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
alukard - get a date for one of your tourneys thats about a month away on a saturday and its good. yea 11th is kinda short notice at this point. perhaps the one after that

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
unfortunately i cant make this one. im too low on $$. well, who knows. i suppose theres always a chance lol

Cia

das kwl
so, can we start these soon please, i have an EC circuit to win before i got to college in FL, thanks

<3 run on sentences. scar, don't kill me

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o man ur goin to florida? when?
prob do an alukard tourney first (he'l get a date this weekend)
then in whatever order cot5, spoc, mass madness
then smashtality 5
then closing event

its gonna be kinda amazing

Cia

das kwl
well i'm still deciding wether i wanna go for winter semester or Fall semester. but idk yet..

still, lets get this thing rolling!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
why not put tgp's event its on oct 25 it would be in scranton PA..just ideas
sry, as awesome triple smash will be, having like 5 or 6 events in one day also be an anmc event is catastrophic lol. anmc events need to be melee only (or if its melee brawl be like a 2 day event with a full day dedicated to melee). these tourneys are gonna attract a lot of people and it will take a lot of time to run the tourneys.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo chibo ... i just emailed the manager about the next event being the first circuit ... cuz i want it to b on a saturday so everyone can make it since school and wat not ... and i WILL have things set up great and with help from my sis and a friend so we can run it amazingly smooth ^_^ ... so yea i will let u kno asap ... but its definitely going to b two weeks from now

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'll just have another MM in November anyway (unless it seriously ****s with your circuit, Chibo) and have one in December as well which you can put in the circuit. Unless you're okay with the november one in the circuit and i lost my point so i'm done posting.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
alukard, can u get a date for one thats like a month from now? (even if u have one in 2 weeks, but that one wont be anmc.) its too short notice

Alukard

Smash Hero
alukard, can u get a date for one thats like a month from now? (even if u have one in 2 weeks, but that one wont be anmc.) its too short notice
yea sure i'll email the manager tmr and talk about it with him...

EDIT!!!!

ok so ... this is the email sent to me

You can run it on:

Saturday October 11
Saturday October 18
Saturday November 1

Heck, any Saturday in November at this point if you let me know in advance.

If you're making a circuit tournament, I'd like to raise the venue fee
a bit ($10?) and offer a prize from the store to the winner. Can we
do that? What sort of prize would be appropriate? I could get a
trophy made, or I could give out the Melee/Smash decorated GameCube,
or something like that?

wat u think chibo?? lemme kno ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
good stuff, i really like the extra prize ideas. lets give it a lil extra time so its really big and do november 8th.
make a new thread for the tourney in tourney listings so the most amount of ppl can see it easily
$10 venue is ok, then do like $10 singles, and $10 per person doubles is my guess.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I probably wouldn't want to pay a $10 venue fee, really. MattDotPoor.

Anyway, november 8th is two days after my birthday! :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
$5 would be nice, but its a cool venue. and they guy there is really nice. he doesnt mind how late we stay there. we were supposed to be done at 11 at the one i was at, and we stayed till like 1:30 no prob lol

Top Bottom