• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit - Third Event TBD...

Alukard

Smash Hero
yeah i mean teams is like cool and all but its always a lil weird cuz not all the time can everyones teammate make it, so sometimes teams dont get the points they deserve.
but with sumthing like this ... it makes people get motivated to get out there and go to the tournaments i'm sure they will not start sumthing they dont intend on finishing ... i mean i'm really heavy on doubles more then singles ... and this alone made me play melee for a whole hour alone yesterday lol ... so i mean it WILL make people get out there and enter our events

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah doubles really needs to be added. I don't see why it can't be done the same way the Brawl ECRC does it, I mean, people don't always have set teamates anyway.

By the way, when/where is the first event?

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yeah doubles really needs to be added. I don't see why it can't be done the same way the Brawl ECRC does it, I mean, people don't always have set teamates anyway.

By the way, when/where is the first event?

I think i read somewhere that the first event is going to be the 11th of october. Lol dont quote me though. And Phish-it, you should def try and bring Sol and Ky out to these lol. Force them dudes to play melee again. Rebirth of Avalanche.

And doubles would be cool. Everyone that normally does teams does it even if there set teammate isn't there.

GOTM

Smash Champion
but with sumthing like this ... it makes people get motivated to get out there and go to the tournaments i'm sure they will not start sumthing they dont intend on finishing ... i mean i'm really heavy on doubles more then singles ... and this alone made me play melee for a whole hour alone yesterday lol ... so i mean it WILL make people get out there and enter our events
good point. well if we're gonna do it i see no reason not to do it the same way brawl is running it right now

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
this is chibo -

11th is a possibility, im still looking at dates that will work. it might be a tad later actually, but it will be in october.

as for doubles, the ecrc is doing doubles right now but theyr actually having some trouble with it and are not sure how they are going to handle it in the end. its pretty unorganized actually. so pretty much, i just dont want to promise doubles until we can all think of a solid way to do it.

good talk - see ya round the campus

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Talk about biased.
All the tournaments are around NJ and PA =(

Give Mass Madness some love for once. Any circuit, please? T_T

JFox

Smash Hero
Mass, Ct, MD/VA, etc. are all rather inactive. I mean, if you want, you can make a circuit by all means. But one tourney every 2 months isnt enough to include your region in a circuit. NJ/PA is planning on having so much melee that some weekends will probably end up overlapping.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Inactive? MM is just about every month, right now we're having a month off but that is it.
How is that inactive? Not to mention a couple new players have come up which I'm going to involve further into the community, best part is that one of them wishes to have bi-weekly fests/tournaments.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
This is definitely a godsend to me. I came into the scene pretty late so I didn't have enough time to go to tournaments for Melee. This has given me another chance. I'm grateful for all of the guys who are making this happen.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Mass, Ct, MD/VA, etc. are all rather inactive.
Mass Madness is normally a monthly event, it has a decent turnout, and the turnout for melee would be much larger if it were included on the circuit. How does less tournaments in an area justify exclusion?

It makes more sense to not include every single NJ/PA event on the circuit, and instead spread out the events to encompass the atlantic north.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
this is chibo -

11th is a possibility, im still looking at dates that will work. it might be a tad later actually, but it will be in october.

as for doubles, the ecrc is doing doubles right now but theyr actually having some trouble with it and are not sure how they are going to handle it in the end. its pretty unorganized actually. so pretty much, i just dont want to promise doubles until we can all think of a solid way to do it.

good talk - see ya round the campus
I hope you guys get it organized and everything because teams is where I really shine.

phish-it

Smash Champion
In all honesty, if we really want the Melee community to return theres no reason to exclude certain states out of the circuit just because they are supposedly innactive. If MA/CT/MD/VA are able to provide decent sized tournaments there is no reason they shouldn't be included in the circuit.

JFox

Smash Hero
OK, so besides Mass Madness, what other tournaments does the rest of Atlantic North hold? I agree that mass madness could be appropriate, but what other tournaments could support a large scale tournament?

I agree that for the sake of melee, it would probably be best to include more states. However, if all we have outside of the tri-state is mass madness, I don't see that as being a possibility at the point in time.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
If that's true, then this shouldn't really be called the "Atlantic North" circuit.

Have you guys discussed this with any TO's in the subregions?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Just speaking on The MD/VA region which is usually generally bring and the area brings in tons of competitive people.
What tournaments down there would be appropriate to add on to the ANMC.
The tri state area is kinda big but three states does not the whole Atlantic North circuit make.
Would JUST 1 tournament from each of the other areas not holding already be enough?
I think not.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the idea we had was generally spreading the main popularity of melee from here outwards. its obvious that in the atl north you can find the most melee in the tristate. however since its being provided for the atl north, i guess we should consider other places. however the only one i can really trust as of right now off the top of my head is mass madness. last time md/va held a melee tourney it was so small with so few singles entrants that they did one big round robin -_-

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Long Live Hitstun
Connecticut, October 11th.

MA and Connecticut the first two weeks of October.
Ggz no johns add them k thx plz <3

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
atleast for our first one we decided to keep it centralized here in the tristate area. we werent completely sure if many other areas would be ready to really be apart of it (though i have noticed a decent string of events in ct area), so we planned to use this period to attract attention and see if a new melee circuit can really take off, then for the next one include more areas.

however, since we only have 4-5 events planned as of now, if we are in need of other tournaments i will keep it in mind that CT and VA are ready to host an event.
Thanks, Chibo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Long Live Hitstun
Connecticut, October 11th.

MA and Connecticut the first two weeks of October.
Ggz no johns add them k thx plz <3
we already have a couple of events planned for the first few. we would need a tourney by you around december or january (just a guess thinkin off the top of my head right now)

JFox

Smash Hero
Chibo, I personally think you should include Long Live Hit Stun as part of the circuit. As for Mass Madness, considering its a monthly, you can add that in later in the circuit. Try and make some room and reschedule other circuit events. Like for example, the No Johns Bi-weekly can be moved to make room for Long Live Hit Stun.

I just think that the real purpose of the ANMC should be to revive melee, not just for this area, but for as many areas as possible. To monopolize this oppurtunity would be selfish as well as self-destructive.

Consider this- Smashtality had a just about all of the active melee community present from the tri-state area. It also had some people from outside the area like CT and MD. Even with those extras, it had less than 40 entrants, and even fewer for doubles. Now if we try to make this circuit exclusive to this area, we should expect somewhere between 25-35 people fer event. That is realistically all we can get.

However, if we include other regions and get them interested, they are more likely to come OOS because they had already racked up points in previous events that involved their states. That means that if we can get more OOS players, we can gain entry from other states, boost the attendance of each event.

More attendance means a more involved melee community. And that is the point of all this, isn't it? So try to be a bit more flexible and open-minded about the issue.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
How many events are we lookin at per month. like 1 a month or somethin. jus curiuos, gta prioritize these ovr othr stuff i guess especially with wrk

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Chibo, I personally think you should include Long Live Hit Stun as part of the circuit. As for Mass Madness, considering its a monthly, you can add that in later in the circuit. Try and make some room and reschedule other circuit events. Like for example, the No Johns Bi-weekly can be moved to make room for Long Live Hit Stun.

I just think that the real purpose of the ANMC should be to revive melee, not just for this area, but for as many areas as possible. To monopolize this oppurtunity would be selfish as well as self-destructive.

Consider this- Smashtality had a just about all of the active melee community present from the tri-state area. It also had some people from outside the area like CT and MD. Even with those extras, it had less than 40 entrants, and even fewer for doubles. Now if we try to make this circuit exclusive to this area, we should expect somewhere between 25-35 people fer event. That is realistically all we can get.

However, if we include other regions and get them interested, they are more likely to come OOS because they had already racked up points in previous events that involved their states. That means that if we can get more OOS players, we can gain entry from other states, boost the attendance of each event.

More attendance means a more involved melee community. And that is the point of all this, isn't it? So try to be a bit more flexible and open-minded about the issue.
The largest tournout for a melee tournament at MM was MM4 with just about 100 people
The largest tournout overall was MM9 with over 120 people. Though, Brawl took most entrance and the day.

MM12 is going to be melee and brawl but the tournout seems promising. With eggm and new york making repeat showings at this for Melee.

Long Live Hitstun's venue (Prince of Fire's house) might not be able to hold more than ~35 people so I'm not sure if that would be a great idea to have it. Still say you should though :o

I'd love to attend the other tournaments but I mean.. I'm 16 and currently jobless. There would be no way for me to get to them unless someone drove. Something closer to MA would be awesome. Hell, even NYC since I can get a bus there for $15. But NJ and PA are just too far for me ._.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
About CT: Can we just hold a one-time event for this circuit? I'm married and I have a son, and I'm not exactly willing to travel to Tri-State for for tournaments, but I want to participate in an event that's going to bring together alot of OoSers.

I was thinking about scheduling a CT tournament for November before this was even announced. It would be at Digital Mayhem, which hosted one of the Brawl Circuit events, so it can definitely hold alot of people. The date is totally flexible if it needs to be moved to accommodate other events.

Top Bottom