• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit - Third Event TBD...

JFox

Smash Hero
Honestly, I think no one cares about a customized GC or a trophy. I think that the best way to get people to come is to keep the venue fee as low as possible. No one is gonna say "oh hey, i wanna come to this cuz i can win a trophy!"

I know he's tryin to do somethin nice, but I mean on the real its just gonna keep people from coming cuz they dont wanna drop 10 bills on a venue fee.

noodles

Smash Champion
its still cool though, its not suppose to be that big a prize anyways. and i heard jason needed a new cube XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The first event is November 1st with Alukard's No Johns Melee Biweekly!

Full details on the tournament itself will be available soon. I updated the first post with this info, and added a Mass Madness to the tourney list.

I'm trying to think of a way to get doubles on the circuit, hopefully I'll have an idea by the end of the day.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
forgot to mention, so far iv raised $5 for the ANMC pot lol
i took 10% of the pot from the first drexel biweekly, which was practically nothing lol. the tourney had less than 24 hours notice and only 11 ppl, so not bad lol. future tourneys will def raise a lot more, and so will the circuit events. hey, $5 is more than the ecrc has saved up for their pot right now lolol

JFox

Smash Hero
Shouldn't someone make a thread in the tournament listings for the first event of the ANMC?

Also some things to think about: how to make room for more setups in different locations to maximize space in the basement. How to cool down the basement. How to draw as many people from OOS to come to this (pot size should be VERY important).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i told alukard to make a thread for it in tourney listings, il make one though if you want.

il also work as hard as i can to help advertise it to get oos attendance. that wont be hard at all. this is melee! lol

maximizing space isn't hard, the time i went we completely didn't use any of the opposite wall, and there were like 4 tables being used for nothing lol. just need to bring some surge protectors n stuff

cooling down the basement though... sort of a prob lol. any ideas? take $15 out of the pot to buy a box fan at walmart lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so i'm not home this week ... i'm staying at my gf's dorm ... =D ... so yea i'm going to make the tourney thread right now ... =] anything in particular that i should put in there ?

EDIT... http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5507730#post5507730 its made ... let me kno if theres anything i forgot to write i'll get to it tmr =] now time for sleep in my gf's big *** comfy bed ^_^ nite smashboards

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how about this for point assigning

assign points for singles and doubles the same way ecrc does (look at their page for the exact numbers)
this assigns points to top 32 in singles, and each player for top 16 in teams

then for the final event, the top 32 singles ranked players are allowed entry into the event. if someone is missing from the top 32, we simply add a bye which will be given to the top player, and so on if a 2+ byes are needed. if we need to break a tie, we can either use the people are in attendance (or if theres more, perhaps have them do a quick round robin to break the tie?). players below 32nd spot though can not be subbed in if people are absent.

for doubles, how about this:
out of the people in attendance, we start at #1 and ask them who they want to team with. then we move down to the next person (so say #1 teams with #2, next person open is #3), ask them to find a teammate and so on. keep going till we have 16 teams. obviously the player finding a teammate cant pick anyone they want, lol they have to agree. only requirement for a teammate though to make it fair, they have to choose someone that they have teamed with at an earlier circuit event. the other requirement is that everyone in this final teams bracket has to have attended atleast one anmc doubles event. this shouldnt be a problem however since the same tourney as the final event will also be a anmc event (like a 2 day tourney where first day is the regular anmc singles and doubles, and day 2 is the finals)

Alukard

Smash Hero
well chibo it should b stable teams ... like me and dj and jman and eggm ... this will not only make it fair ... but also will encourage people to get out there and start forming a real team and making doubles wat its supposed to b ... full of TEAM CHEMISTRY ... i mean people enter teams and expect to have beast team work and combos ... yet ur not going to anticipate ur ally if u just started teaming with them ... so yea thats my opinion =P ...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea solid teams is definitely the way to go, but the same people simply can't make it to every event. and even if we say so what to these teams, if one of the teammates goes are they not allowed to enter doubles? or what if ppl decide to switch teammates part way through? i would like to do this but theres a lot of questions to be answered

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea solid teams is definitely the way to go, but the same people simply can't make it to every event. and even if we say so what to these teams, if one of the teammates goes are they not allowed to enter doubles? or what if ppl decide to switch teammates part way through? i would like to do this but theres a lot of questions to be answered

ok u got me there ... those are beastly valid points lol ... i'm just saying i hope people stick to it ... it gets more competitive when u see that going thru .. cmon pakman and scar mad team chem together is ****ing scary ... just as jman and eggm technical ability pounding lol

me and dj uhhh mindgamey styles lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
already the 13th page ... thats wat i like to see ... hopefully this can get *cough* stickied *cough* =]

also why am i not a smash director =[

Alukard

Smash Hero
o i knew that ... well then ... *ahem* ... i still should b a smash director ... i mean i b hustling when it comes to advertisments

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
already the 13th page ... thats wat i like to see ... hopefully this can get *cough* stickied *cough* =]

also why am i not a smash director =[
Just go to your User CP and click on Group Memberships. From there you should be able to apply to be a Smash Director.

Alukard

Smash Hero
No.

my sig is much better. and it moves, thanks.

lol.. I'll put it on when I get to a pc. I'm on my sk and it would be too troublesome.
thanks ^_^

even tho i agree that sig is beastly lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i should be able to reserve it very soon

scar said he could prob hook us up with a spoc in early december for anmc so perhaps il do january?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bullheaded Onychomys is looking to be an awesome tourney on January 3rd in CT. I think it should be an ANMC event, what does everyone think about that?

I have to PM spawn and make sure he can follow the ANMC guidelines.

btw jfox, il hold CoTs before then most likely, but they wont be ANMC and probably not as big as normal. There's still the biweeklies for now.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i dunno about it ... its january 3rd ... people go visit others on new years ... many may b on vacation still ... i dont kno just my opinion ... its too soon for me to vote is wat i'm tryin to say XD lol

Top Bottom