• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit - Third Event TBD...

Alukard

Smash Hero
I definitely just sent them an email about how disrespectful and unprofessional they are/were.

Also to the person that referred them to me.

JFox

Smash Hero
Wow, I've never understood how fully gamers get pigeon-holed and judged. It's unbelievable. Pretty upsetting, very unprofessional.

I'm actually more embarrassed for them though them I am for this community. I've sounded more professional and entertaining in home movies...when I was 6. LOL

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Almost as unprofessional as thinking they are legit running a radio show off of myspace?

Oh you were talking about the ignorance thing nevermind.

Alukard

Smash Hero
feel free to email them people who have herd the show ... because that was ridiculous

Alukard

Smash Hero
im listening to it now and its already bad lol. il probably email them when im done listening to it
o they definitely herd from me already ... and will by the stores manager ... because talking bad about an event they are hosting at the store doesn't promote people to come

Banks

Smash Hero
There was one guy who was cool about it for most of the time, then that other guy(s) was a ****. similar voices too lmao

Cia

das kwl
"they look pretty upset"

::laughter in the background::

and wtf.. illegal?? haha

LMAO.. and than they start making sexual innuendos?? LOLOL

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Wow...this is really gay. These guys are SUPER idiotic. How dumb can you be? Obviously he didn't talk to everyone...like maybe 2 people? Most people play other games than Melee. *sigh* These guys are pissing me off. To be honest...their comments are ********, and they are horridly biased. We probably know more about video games than they do, xD. I would love to just rip into them....people from NY play different games. People from NJ play different games. It may not be on a competitive level. God....this pisses me off. I'll agree, the one guy tried to be cool about it, then he stuck his foot in his mouth.

JFox- I agree with you. highly unprofessional on their part. They should be embarrassed.

JFox

Smash Hero
I hated that they kept calling it a "counter-culture"...wtf is that? Such ignorant people, they didn't even attempt to understand it. They could have easily had someone talking to them live, answering questions they had, and clearing up a lot of misconceptions they had. Instead they just assumed BS stuff.

They thought that we should "play other games" what they didn't understand is that this is the only game we play competitively, but obviously as people that own game systems, we have played a multitude of games casually. They also don't understand that its a community, not simple competition. They don't realize that most people their don't give a **** about the money, and just go cuz they really enjoy the game and the people.

Its a shame such an opportunity was wasted.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
I hated that they kept calling it a "counter-culture"...wtf is that? Such ignorant people, they didn't even attempt to understand it. They could have easily had someone talking to them live, answering questions they had, and clearing up a lot of misconceptions they had. Instead they just assumed BS stuff.

They thought that we should "play other games" what they didn't understand is that this is the only game we play competitively, but obviously as people that own game systems, we have played a multitude of games casually. They also don't understand that its a community, not simple competition. They don't realize that most people their don't give a **** about the money, and just go cuz they really enjoy the game and the people.

Its a shame such an opportunity was wasted.
word yo i definetly got interviewed i think i was the first *it didnt go up by the way* and i was definetly talking about how not everyone is in the tournament for money,its also really fun playing with your friends,and chilling with them because some of us dont actually see each other until a tournament arrives. So yeah when they said that i was definetly mad too.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Again....JFox just spoke what I was thinking, xD. That "counter-culture" thing did piss me off. That and when he just kept saying he found it "fascinating" and he was disappointed that people didn't play anything. I mean OVER AND OVER AGAIN. 90% of the people don't know about other video games. *sigh*

Then also, there was the "What's Gears of War?" comment....I find that REALLY hard to believe. (though not entirely impossible. The other part that SERIOUSLY irked me...was when he was contradicting himself about the younger people. First he said "is this illegal stuff going on?" Then he went off and was talking about how we should go out and shoot someone, get a chainsaw and hack someone. Guess what? If they aren't old enough to buy those games, you're suggesting that they play them. Maybe the police should keep an eye on THEM.

I'm sorry, xD. This thing was just so....bad.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i swear i want to copy and paste ur post jfox ... and like ... beat them with ur paragraph

another thing is that gears got taken out of the mlg circuit because of attendance ... no one went ... smash got taken out because of microsoft buying the whole ****

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
OMG....Alukard....for real, xD. I was thinking the same thing >_< I think the three of us should go have a word with these fools. OOOOOR, maybe we could just go and just counter their show? xD Beating them at their own horrific game. Priceless.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i got interviewed too and they basically asked me who i played what else do i have what would i want and why

i said i dont have an xbox but would want one and a psp...and they were basically like "**** man u need to upgrade"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i actually dont think it was that bad. it was a lil un professional with comments about how smelly it was there, but its just a casual online podcast. i dunno how serious they are with it. being ignorant about it was the worst part, but if theyr hearing that ppl there only play smash (which is true for a couple ppl) you cant exactly blame them. they were just misinformed, and a lil childish about it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
it was that bad

first of all they are some desperate little internet radio show looking for anything to do. you don't **** talk what is most likely your most significant project

second, why would they come here if they literally don't know ANYTHING about the game

third, why would they do it if their sole intent is to, not only not talk about smash, but then diss the players and the game and be totally ignorant about pretty much aspect of the game? its pretty clear they didn't even attempt to look at the facts

20+ something year old guys making an internet radio show off of myspace twice a week about gears of war and madden have no right to **** talk anyone i am sorry chibo

phish-it

Smash Champion
Oh wow. THose guys had absolutley no idea about anything, and didn't even make an attempt to even try. They were talking about how they interviewed a bunch of people and how every person there only played one game, but why didn't they bother to record the interviews? At least that way it could've been more cleared up and not make the community sound like crap and themselves sound like idiots.

Oh yeah, it doesn't matter what game your playing, if you've got 60 people together in a basement without ventilation it's gonna smell like crap anyway.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
who cares about the podcast? they are telling us to get lives when they are fat old guys without real lives filming amateur radio shows. Plus, they are called the "F word show." that is worse than what a retarted 5 year old holding a chocolate lollipop thats actually a piece of **** on a stick would come up with.

Cia

das kwl
<----- i'm a doyoung fan boy. whenever i see his post on my user CP, i will post directly after as an attempt to engage in conversation with him. observe.

yeah do, that show was stupid. you're amazing. that's why you use queen puff. :)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Yo...for real, though...they talked about playing other games. the only games they even mentioned were XBox specialties: Sports and Shooters. I can't stand shooters, but whatever, and I used to play Madden, but lost interest in it after like '03. They never once mentioned a franchise for the PS3 and didn't even mention any other games for the Wii. They're probably Microsoft flunkies or people who are SUPER patriotic and believe American games are the ONLY way to go. Almost all of their comments ended up sounding like that. BTW, doyoung2amazingposts that was again...just amazing, xD.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
**** that show that got me soooo mad that my interview wasn't even included =/ *******s and gears sucks **** that has to be the most boring game ever..I dont give a **** about what anyone says a game where you can only die once and then have to WAIT for everyone else to die gets preety ****ing boring.

Top Bottom