• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATL South VENGEANCE ’08 Orlando, Florida 11/14 & 11/15

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Most online brawl players do live in a fantasy world. Most of the top players have and probably never will get close to winning a decent console tourney.

That is not to say that a top online player can't do very well on console. It's just that a lot of them have bloated egos and completely unrealistic expectations due to them dominating online.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
dreadz = better than you.
This

Yeah, come to Cataclysm 4 I'll be there. Stop flamming when you've never played me. Atleast I don't trash talk. Wow.
Oh snaps!!

Watch it be metaknight
Everyone stop trying to guess who it is. Only Me, Seibrik, and Dreadz know who it is. Just know that Chops is going to wreck hard when he gets good with the character :)

-advent-

OverLade

Smash Hero
Its funny cuz, Ally hasnt done **** to ANY real players in ANY real tourneys.

What good d3's has ally fought?
OH **** THATS RIGHT, NONE.

Get your online garbage da fvck outta here

REAL TALK
I was being sarcastic because I know that Chops thinks that he's the ****.

And Ally beat Percon in the FFYFs finals, and Percon placed 7th or so at CH4 (or mabye CH3) snake vs. D3.

Anyway, Allys going to CH5 so I'm not going to make anymore comments on him. We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: And Jumpman is not the best online player, not even close. He's just a good wolf, but not anywhere near the best player.

Most online brawl players do live in a fantasy world. Most of the top players have and probably never will get close to winning a decent console tourney.

That is not to say that a top online player can't do very well on console. It's just that a lot of them have bloated egos and completely unrealistic expectations due to them dominating online.
On legit online ladders (like AiB) all the top players actually ARE going out and doing extremely well in tournaments. I can't lie about people having overbloated egos, but if people do well online then they will do well offline also.

The whole elitish attitude is what bothers me about this place.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
man dem lame a$$ n!ggaz on all is brawl play wit items in there lil tourneys and when dey place high in their item fest dey think dey can wreck ****...

like dis one random kirby player who actually thought he was good cuz he one tourneys online.....

trash a$$.. wrecked dat *****

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I was being sarcastic because I know that Chops thinks that he's the ****.

And Ally beat Percon in the FFYFs finals, and Percon placed 7th or so at CH4 (or mabye CH3) snake vs. D3.

Anyway, Allys going to CH5 so I'm not going to make anymore comments on him. We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: And Jumpman is not the best online player, not even close. He's just a good wolf, but not anywhere near the best player.

On legit online ladders (like AiB) all the top players actually ARE going out and doing extremely well in tournaments. I can't lie about people having overbloated egos, but if people do well online then they will do well offline also.

relax kid ur garbage.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I don't really care who anybody's new main or secondary is...I'll still MM them. xD

btw, good stuff to GDX on 2nd! and of course Afro for playing Wario...and everybody else who entered for being cool. Sorry I didn't come... : /

SheerMadness

Smash Master

How can the elitist attitude bother you after all the arrogant crap you've posted on here lol? You're probably a nice kid in real life but you've definitely been pritty arrogant/obnoxious on here. That is why you get all elitism directed towards you. You have to look at it from an experienced FL player's perspective. People who've been playing competitive smash for years just get annoyed with random players they've never heard of comming out of nowhere proclaiming how good they are. Can you blame us?

And as for ALL the top online players doing extremely well in tourneys is certainly not true. Let's take the highest ranked FL players from AIB. Not one of the top 10 FL players on AIB are anywhere near top 10 in FL. That's not a personal attack on any of you, because I'm not top 10 either. Those are just the facts.

CO18

Smash Hero
How can the elitist attitude bother you after all the arrogant crap you've posted on here lol? You're probably a nice kid in real life but you've definitely been pritty arrogant/obnoxious on here. That is why you get all elitism directed towards you. You have to look at it from an experienced FL player's perspective. People who've been playing competitive smash for years just get annoyed with random players they've never heard of comming out of nowhere proclaiming how good they are. Can you blame us?

And as for ALL the top online players doing extremely well in tourneys is certainly not true. Let's take the highest ranked FL players from AIB. Not one of the top 10 FL players on AIB are anywhere near top 10 in FL. That's not a personal attack on any of you, because I'm not top 10 either. Those are just the facts.
Alot of people that play exclusively wifi can't make it to tourneys so obviously they're not going to be top 10 in Florida but whenever they can Im sure they'll do really well.

Not everyone thats really good online is as good offline but for the most part I would say good online players do very well offline as well.

DSF/Azen play on wifi, Ally is probably best online player, hes the best player ive played online or offline and hes only gone to 2 big tourneys which he won. Kingace I think is canada's 2nd best player( formally 1st until Ally showed up) he plays online alot etc.

Anther(best player in midwest) plays online alot, Atomsk, SK92 etc etc

Its obviously doesnt prove as much as tourneys etc but in general if you're a really good online player you're good offline as well.
In general I probably play better online than offline but that's mainly because I **** up when im nervous but that will change as I go to more tourneys but I play best when Im comfortable.

Leh

Smash Ace
I doubt i'll be at C4 or w/e but you better win for all the ridiculous hype you get for never even playing one of the top US players offline.

Seriously, welcome to online play is nothing to offline play. Online play (with those few rare cases of lagless matches) completely changes the game.

I can watch a snake ditto offline, then watch one online by the 2 same players and tell that theres a huge difference.

EDIT:
@Ally it doesnt even matter if YOU dont trash talk, enough people trash talk for you (RedHalberd for example)

CO18

Smash Hero
No point in getting Mad at Ally just cuz other people compliment him.

Ally is really modest and in general cool and many people know him as being really good and try to get his name out there even though he doesnt ask or really would probably rather people not talk about him since apparently others get mad/ start hating him not knowing him or **** about him.

Leh

Smash Ace
Metaknight? XD

Mabye you should just take some Ally tips on beating Dedede. :p
Its comments like these that are fvckin ******** and piss people off.

Iunno know who percon is, but im 100% sure Seibrik is easily top 3 d3s in the US, if not the best. The only other one i'd say comes close is M2K.

So Ally beating "percon" doesnt really mean much.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its kinda relevant...but man i ****ing hate the brawl piece of **** online

and yea fenrir, i was sad you nor tony showed up for brawl singles. Although less sad about tony cause that was one less snake to worry about

OverLade

Smash Hero
Redhalberd, chops hates ally btw.
That was the whole point of mentioning Ally.

man dem lame a$$ n!ggaz on all is brawl play wit items in there lil tourneys and when dey place high in their item fest dey think dey can wreck ****...

like dis one random kirby player who actually thought he was good cuz he one tourneys online.....

trash a$$.. wrecked dat *****
No. They dont. And yeah there are a lot of noobs on AiB and a good 80% of the online community is nubs. But don't discredit the 10% that are actually really good.

relax kid ur garbage.
K gocha.

I doubt i'll be at C4 or w/e but you better win for all the ridiculous hype you get for never even playing one of the top US players offline.

Seriously, welcome to online play is nothing to offline play. Online play (with those few rare cases of lagless matches) completely changes the game.

I can watch a snake ditto offline, then watch one online by the 2 same players and tell that theres a huge difference.

EDIT:
@Ally it doesnt even matter if YOU dont trash talk, enough people trash talk for you (RedHalberd for example)
Online is different from online, but it's not that hard of a transition to make, you just have to re-adjust. It's not a different game, it's just a different version of the same game you have to slightly relearn, mainly timing things and what is easier or harder to punish. If you have a decent connection then online doesn't even hurt your offline game.

And I only hype ally because I can't stand people who aren't anywhere near at his level not giving him any credit. You say that noobs who play online talk a lot of crap, but noobs who don't play online talk a lot of crap, assuming they're better than someone who does play online. I played Online the day before FAST1 and still wrecked any random person who probably would've assumed I sucked if I told them I played online.

If someone beats someone really good online, even if its online, the person obviously is pretty good, even if not as good offline. If Ally can beat Azen online, even if he wouldn't win offline, he's still obviously a **** good player.

That's what pisses me off. People not being open minded, and giving the whole "I want results" mentallity.

I don't blame anyone on here for disliking me. I'd prolly dislike me too lol. Im just bein sarcastic, I only get arrogant when people start saying "I'd wreck you" and bull**** like that that I know wouldn't happen.

And like CO18 said, those players are on AiB because they dont have the option to go to tourneys.

Leh

Smash Ace
That was the whole point of mentioning Ally.

No. They dont. And yeah there are a lot of noobs on AiB and a good 80% of the online community is nubs. But don't discredit the 10% that are actually really good.

K gocha.

Online is different from online, but it's not that hard of a transition to make, you just have to re-adjust. It's not a different game, it's just a different version of the same game you have to slightly relearn, mainly timing things and what is easier or harder to punish. If you have a decent connection then online doesn't even hurt your offline game.

And I only hype ally because I can't stand people who aren't anywhere near at his level not giving him any credit. You say that noobs who play online talk a lot of crap, but noobs who don't play online talk a lot of crap, assuming they're better than someone who does play online. I played Online the day before FAST1 and still wrecked any random person who probably would've assumed I sucked if I told them I played online.

If someone beats someone really good online, even if its online, the person obviously is pretty good, even if not as good offline. If Ally can beat Azen online, even if he wouldn't win offline, he's still obviously a **** good player.

That's what pisses me off. People not being open minded, and giving the whole "I want results" mentallity.

I don't blame anyone on here for disliking me. I'd prolly dislike me too lol. Im just bein sarcastic, I only get arrogant when people start saying "I'd wreck you" and bull**** like that that I know wouldn't happen.

And like CO18 said, those players are on AiB because they dont have the option to go to tourneys.
Im gonna hope your not trying to say me/chops are noobs.
Offline > Online. I'll say hes good when i see him perform just as good against Azen OFFLINE. ONLINE is a completely different game.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea..i cant agree with the "he wins online so hes still a good player , even if he loses offline". i cant tell you how many people i get wrecked by online because i just cant adjust to online while they can, and when we meet up and play offline their **** gets stomped in.

im not saying theres gonna be any **** stomping whenever you and me play offline, halberd, cause i dont think there will be on either side, but im just saying this has happened to me everytime someone i played online has played me offline. So you have to excuse me if im not a believer in that particular statement

OverLade

Smash Hero
Im gonna hope your not trying to say me/chops are noobs.
Offline > Online. I'll say hes good when i see him perform just as good against Azen OFFLINE. ONLINE is a completely different game.
Not at all. Offline is much better than online.

But like I said, there's only a small learning curve between online and offline. If you took the time to adjust to the delay of Online I'm sure you'd ****. Ally is pretty much undefeated online, and his offline record says the same thing, because it's not that hard to make the adjustment.

yea..i cant agree with the "he wins online so hes still a good player , even if he loses offline". i cant tell you how many people i get wrecked by online because i just cant adjust to online while they can, and when we meet up and play offline their **** gets stomped in.

im not saying theres gonna be any **** stomping whenever you and me play offline, halberd, cause i dont think there will be on either side, but im just saying this has happened to me everytime someone i played online has played me offline. So you have to excuse me if im not a believer in that particular statement
I also lose to people online that I wouldn't lose to offline, but in general if you have a good connection things arent too skewed.

For example I may play a toon link in the midwest who can projectile spam me all day and I can't powershield it, and I lose. I know if I played him offline I'd do much better.

But if I'm just playing someone in orlando or Georgia that has a decent connection, the match results aren't too skewed, though Im not going to say entirely accurate. But even in a bad connection you can tell if you're fighting a good opponent. If the person you're fighting is just spamming rolls and grabbing you and it's too laggy to react, obviously they aren't as good offline and they're only ****** you because they're abusing the lag. But when people use skillful tactics (things like spacing and prediction still apply online) you can tell.

So Im not going to talk about "who would win" or "whos better", but you can tell "whos good".

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
all of yall shut da **** up before i take off my belt! >:O
lol o ****

halberd, i CAN agree with that statement. that even online, granted the person has a good connection, you can tell if they are at least good. but i dont think you can determine whos the better player, even with the miniscule online delay. For someone, like myself, whos in a tourney about every weekend, its quite hard to get adapted fully to online.

if they have a terrible connection and they just cant do anything cause they lag THAT badly..then its just a waste of time for both parties :laugh:

Leh

Smash Ace
I cant adapt to online play at all. When i hit buttons I WANT MUTHA FVCKIN RESULTS SON.

INSTANTLY.

REAL TALK

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol o ****

halberd, i CAN agree with that statement. that even online, granted the person has a good connection, you can tell if they are at least good. but i dont think you can determine whos the better player, even with the miniscule online delay. For someone, like myself, whos in a tourney about every weekend, its quite hard to get adapted fully to online.

if they have a terrible connection and they just cant do anything cause they lag THAT badly..then its just a waste of time for both parties :laugh:
True dat. Thats why I only real play against CO, Raven, and the few other good Fl brawlers online these days.

But sadly, it's quite the opposite for me since Im playing online most of the time and only get offline brawl some fridays at PnT. I have to relearn the timing on a lot of things when playing offline unfortunately, but it's not like that makes a huge difference in my game anyway. If Im ever actually going to a tourney I'll take off online for the week though just to be safe.

all of yall shut da **** up before i take off my belt! >:O
Anyone whos been on my youtube page knows how much I love to start beef. :p

I cant adapt to online play at all. When i hit buttons I WANT MUTHA FVCKIN RESULTS SON.

INSTANTLY.

REAL TALK
XD

Master Raven

Smash Master
asdpfojgpg

All I'm going to say is this: Ally is a good player and has managed to beat good players like KingAce, Percon, Sliq, etc. He's not bad, however I'm very sure he doesn't like having people meatriding him either *points to Redhalberd*.

We shall see how well Ally does as he continues to play more offline tournies, such as Cataclysm 4. Until then, stop bashing/meatriding the guy (especially the ladder, you make people look like *******s for that).

Oh c'mon now, why use someone else as an excuse to trash talk someone who hasn't even trash talked to begin with?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I destroyed Ally in a wifi friendly back in the day.

get at me suckas.

Leh

Smash Ace
asdpfojgpg

All I'm going to say is this: Ally is a good player and has managed to beat good players like KingAce, Percon, Sliq, etc. He's not bad, however I'm very sure he doesn't like having people meatriding him either *points to Redhalberd*.

We shall see how well Ally does as he continues to play more offline tournies, such as Cataclysm 4. Until then, stop bashing/meatriding the guy (especially the ladder, you make people look like *******s for that).

Oh c'mon now, why use someone else as an excuse to trash talk someone who hasn't even trash talked to begin with?
Yeah i know im prolly wrong, but at the same time i get tired of hearing "WELL ALLY DID THIS ONCE"

Top Bottom