• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
brandon you can use superantispyware to fix it

go to Superantispyware.com, download it and copy it onto your laptop via flash drive

also, stop watching movies you shouldn't be watching or going to sites you shouldn't be going to and that won't happen
When I got Antivirus Security 2010 or whatever the **** it was called from Allisbrawl actually. The site was giving virus's out and I wasn't the only one infected. Luckily, Bio came over my house, installed malwarebytes, installed adblock (cause I didn't have it before), and had to start up malware through some other way. I think he had to go to //run or whatever it's called for Vista.

Malwarebytes triggered the virus and didn't let it continue. That's why Bio had to open it up through //run thingy.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Double Post: I made the most perfect tier list ever

10DERZNOTIRELISTS

Top Tier

Metaknight
Snake
Diddy Kong
Falco
Ice Climbers
Wario

High Tier

Olimar
Dedede
Pikachu
Marth
Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Lucario

Mid Tier

Kirby
R.O.B.
Luigi
Toon Link
Peach
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Wolf
Lucas
Sonic
Fox

Low Tier

Mario
Ike
Ness
Sheik
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Pokemon Trainer

Bottom Tier:

Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Link

B0NK

Smash Lord
Metaknight should have his own tier.

Yoshi is too low, yoshi can't be worst then zelda especially if NJ has a power ranked yoshi player. (Also Zelda should be bottom, have you seen her grab, slow ground game, and inconsistent aerials?) I think that yoshi should be above Zelda, Bowser, and PT.

Not sure about Ness and Lucas's placings, Ness can't be that much worst than Lucas if not better.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yoshi has this problem of having a jump that can be footstooled out of and get *****

Lucas has all kinds of technical stuff that is ****, ness' recovery is much more gimpable

who else in the game can dair intentionally into a dtilt lock to fsmash

Zelda isn't bottom because she can camp and spam smashes and be better than the bottom tier

B0NK

Smash Lord
Yoshi has this problem of having a jump that can be footstooled out of and get *****

Lucas has all kinds of technical stuff that is ****, ness' recovery is much more gimpable

who else in the game can dair intentionally into a dtilt lock to fsmash

Zelda isn't bottom because she can camp and spam smashes and be better than the bottom tier
lol ness has the same lock with jab instead of dtilt, and from what i see, ness players are placing higher and more consistently than lucas players. How technical a character is doesn't mean it's better if that was the case D3 and MK would be pretty bad (and clearly they aren't)

Zelda's projectile is horrible, if you getting hit by it there's a problem, definitely the worst projectile in the game. Not much to camp with (actually yoshi has a better camp game) Spammable smashes don't make a character =/

Most yoshi players aren't going to let you gimp them with footstool (they do have an extended airdodge). I agree that he has problems recovering, but that isn't the reason.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
allisbrawl is for oldmanf@gs
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Double Post: I made the most perfect tier list ever

10DERZNOTIRELISTS

Top Tier

Metaknight
Snake
Diddy Kong
Falco
Ice Climbers
Wario

High Tier

Olimar
Dedede
Pikachu
Marth
Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Lucario

Mid Tier

Kirby
R.O.B.
Luigi
Toon Link
Peach
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Wolf
Lucas
Sonic
Fox

Low Tier

Mario
Ike
Ness
Sheik
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Pokemon Trainer

Bottom Tier:

Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Link
This list is pretty good, but could use a few changes though:

Sheik should be right under Wolf. GaW should be moved to top of Mid tier since the metagame has changed a ****load. Pikachu below Marth cause Marth ***** Pikachu specifically. Lucario right below Marth. PT is top of low tier. Mk should also be in his own tier. Oh and move Yoshi to under Ike, with Ness moved above Mario and under where PT would be.

I like where Luigi is since I truly believe he is that good.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Metaknight isn't so much better than everyone that he deserves his own tier. The top 6 all have very close matchups with each other. The worst match up there is 60:40 (MK vs Wario IMO, but even that could be debated)

MK and Diddy is 50
MK and Snake is 55 MK
MK and IC's is 50
MK and Falco is 50
MK and Wario is 60 MK

There are also a whole bunch of characters that randomly are bad that do well against mk: Fox, Yoshi, Bowser, etc. and characters like marth that can punish you for one mistake with grab release non-sense

B0NK

Smash Lord
Metaknight isn't so much better than everyone that he deserves his own tier. The top 6 all have very close matchups with each other. The worst match up there is 60:40 (MK vs Wario IMO, but even that could be debated)

MK and Diddy is 50
MK and Snake is 55 MK
MK and IC's is 50
MK and Falco is 50
MK and Wario is 60 MK

There are also a whole bunch of characters that randomly are bad that do well against mk: Fox, Yoshi, Bowser, etc. and characters like marth that can punish you for one mistake with grab release non-sense
So your tier list is based off a ruleset with ledge grab limits, because then the tier list you made doesn't apply to every ruleset.

I think that fact alone that rules with ledge grab limits and possibly flying under the stage are in place solely because of Metaknight means he should be in his own tier. Take those rules away and MK could be very much unbeatable if people would play gay enough.

Also without those rules MK vs IC's, Falco and Diddy become very much in MK's favor.....it's stupid that one character dictates so much of our ruleset and tier list placings.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

MK and Diddy is 50
MK and Snake is 55 MK
MK and IC's is 50
MK and Falco is 50
MK and Wario is 60 MK

Mk vs Diddy is not even. Ask ADHD or any Diddy. Mk vs Ic's is like 60-40 Mk's favor. Mk vs Falco is 55-45.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lol

mk needs his own tier obviously

Also wario needs to be bumped down to High tier

should look like-

Broken Tier:
Metaknight

Top Tier:
Snake
Diddy
Falco
ICies

High tier
Wario
everyone else in whatever order. Not like it matters cuz almost every character below high tier suck

B0NK

Smash Lord
Nevermind, I read scott's post wrong. I agree that's poor logic seagull =/

Also, should we even use match-up numbers like 55:45?

Say it's a slight advantage or it's even.....and 55:45 seems to be saying "we wish it was an even match-up, but we know it isn't"

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I feel like hosting a mk banned tourney so I will be able to have a less strict ledge grab limit (or none at all) and have a stage list that would be legit and people wont ***** about mk ****** on that stage list and other stuff like that.

but everyone will *****

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Not really brandon

If you held a non mk tourney then you would need to ics chain throw as well, otherwise the entire tournament would use snake/ics

B0NK

Smash Lord
Not really brandon

If you held a non mk tourney then you would need to ics chain throw as well, otherwise the entire tournament would use snake/ics
Snake, R.O.B., Peach, Lucas, Lucario, Marth, Toon Link, Samus do well against IC's. I see no reason to ban IC's CG if MK is banned.

The problem is MK counters everyone listed except Snake by a large margin. Take out MK and IC's have to deal with more Peach's, R.O.B.'s, etc.

MK is what dictates the metagame, tier list, and rulesets....take him out and the game becomes more balance and probably more counterpick dependent. MK breaks the CP system and overcentralizes the game....this isn't really debatable it's if people care or not that MK has this much of an influence on the metagame is what's keeping him from getting banned.

Also scott, you can't say what will happen with MK gone until he is gone.....which is why a 6 month temp ban is being debated to collect data. Unfortunately the temp ban can't really occur until after MLG.

EDIT: Also I would LOVE to see a national tornament where MK isn't limited by a LGL and scrooging rules. Maybe even let him have his extended/infinite dimensional cape.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
bonk is making some really good points, mk is pretty much the reason for current rule sets.

i think mk should have his own tier, metaknight da bess, plain and simple. its not even debatable. that warrants his own tier imo

@ brandon - i would love a mk banned tourney, it would at least make people play some different characters. ****ty characters would remain ****ty, but the high and mid tier characters would actually make an appearance. i do think ic's cg should be "limited" to an extent. lets face it, its unfair to have a free 0 - death grab where the only hope the other player has is the ic player screwing up.

in all seriousness, ive had enough of mk, im thinking about quitting brawl because of him. its just not fun to see random scrubs go mk and beat players better than them or to see a grand finals match between 2 mks that just air plank with dairs for 7 minutes than ledge plank for the remaining 1 minute.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yea I am just waiting for BBR to ban MK then I can ban him, and no one can really complain

hopefully they ban him after the MLG season is over, if not I will have to make my own decisions

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
@ excel - i cant believe im actually dignifying this with a response, but whatever. what you said has no value or meaning whatsoever.

@ brandon - i fully support the mk ban tourney idea, how i long for the days when people will and can actually play the characters they want to.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
The Wario boards think it's 60-40 too there, Scott.

I disagree with them, but my ignorance of this game makes my opinion invalid or at the most makes it have very little impact.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wow Lucas out of Low tiers, good to see that but Ness is better. >_>

Also ZSS being that low? o_e how come?

Oh the ZSS boards have MK as an even MU too or 45:55 MK. Idk though since im still new to ZSS.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
@ excel - i cant believe im actually dignifying this with a response, but whatever. what you said has no value or meaning whatsoever.

@ brandon - i fully support the mk ban tourney idea, how i long for the days when people will and can actually play the characters they want to.
I'm just bored. All of my posts in here are random and mostly pointless as I do not live in the MD/VA area. I do however, plan on visiting there sometime this year.

I wish someone would hold a MK banned tournament here. It's been over a year since we've had one. I'm curious to know how our results would turnout.

DA_RAIN

Smash Apprentice
removing ledge grab limit and extended cape does very little for a MK player that still has to defeat his opponent and would probably just have more matches finishing on timer than anything. as for ledge stalling, lots of other characters can do it too so it's not like all edge/timer victories would even be secure MK wins. in the making of the standard rule sets, MK was considered heavily but the only actual changes made to cater to his legality were adding bad stages like port town in a desperate attempt to find a solid CP stage against him. almost all current tournaments ban those stages anyway, effectively meaning that MK has zero impact on the rule sets.

while we're talking tier lists, you guys realize that so long as no ledge grab rule exists the only viable characters are mk snake diddy wario right. even falco and ICs become non-viable as soon as there are no ledge restrictions. brawl has a very skewed tier distribution where those ccharacters at the top are really at the top. also, most characters in the high/mid tier range don't even have MK listed as their worst match.

in all seriousness, ive had enough of mk, im thinking about quitting brawl because of him. its just not fun to see random scrubs go mk and beat players better than them or to see a grand finals match between 2 mks that just air plank with dairs for 7 minutes than ledge plank for the remaining 1 minute.
lucky for you, the only people those random scrubs ever beat are other random scrubs. you should laugh and be happy because with only a slightly higher skill investment, you are essentially immune to having randoms CP MK against you in a tournament setting. most people play the characters they want to, and generally the random scrubs that CP MK to be "broken" either quit shortly after or actually become skillful at the character and add some gain to the community.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
lucky for you, the only people those random scrubs ever beat are other random scrubs. you should laugh and be happy because with only a slightly higher skill investment, you are essentially immune to having randoms CP MK against you in a tournament setting. most people play the characters they want to, and generally the random scrubs that CP MK to be "broken" either quit shortly after or actually become skillful at the character and add some gain to the community.
A few months ago in Philly, I lost first round to a scrub MK, then ***** my way through Loser's (beating several big names if you'd like me to namedrop) to end up getting 5th out of about 40. And that was in B+ where MK has been hella nerfed :p (but he can still be played Brawl style pretty effectively).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Noid mains samus and doesnt complain

That alone should say enough

Edit: Time to address some of these posts

@JCaesar- Who was the random MK
@Nate- You shouldn't have lost the second game against random scrub when you sd'd. You wouldn't have been put in that position. You also shouldn't have picked a stage that would entice someone to switch off their main for MK. June beats people fine at frigate, but you could've picked a neutral stage like BF and you had pick advantage on slobs so if he went MK you could change if you're uncomfortable. Ksizzle used Lucario to beat Judge at Pound 4, because his MK couldn't get the job done. That's one of the best MK's in the world
@NOID- You have enough character problems, I can see why you don't care
@Seagull- I could still beat your wolf with a non-mk character (like DDD)
@Kenny- u bitter? (not being mean)
@Brandon- Host an MK banned tourney sometime, I'll bet it changes nothing, but might stand a chance at being equally as fun
@SnakAttack- I think I said wario vs MK was 60:40 MK, dunno what you're point is
@DA_RAIN- i'll come over sometime and practice. But I agree with you on almost every level, although if there was no ledge grab rule it makes some stupid characters viable like samus and toon link who could stay there all day and make it impossible to hit them
@BMX- when was the last time you lost to an MK
@Phil- Be black more

I'm done now.

Top Bottom