Veterans of 08 Smash, we da bes~
This tourney will be the second tourney that will be hosted by yours truly and co-hosted by bonk and EE. This tourney is at VFW, basically a place for Veterans of foreign war to chill, in a space isolated from the rest of the VFW, so respect the venue and the people around and in the venue.
to be announced
Saturday, June 12th 2010
Free State Post VFW 8950
9800 Good Luck Road
Lanham MD 20706
In the Greenbelt area about 2 miles from the last tourney I held at the Five Guys. Mapquest it and you should be good.
NOTE-- Enter through the door labeled Hansen Hall and not the main entrance.
10:15 am - Start showing up and Register
11:00 am - Doubles Begins (Note: Everyone must register by this time or call me in advance if you are running late. By Late I mean 5-10 minutes not any more than that.)
3:00 pm - Doubles end and singles sign ups begin
3:30 pm - Singles begin (Note: Same thing that applies for Doubles if you are running a little late)
9:30 pm - Singles ends (People are expected to start leaving)
10:00 pm - We are going to be out by this time
**Note: the schedule is expected to change depending on the entrants and ending time of Doubles.
$5 Venue fee
$10 Singles entry
$10 Doubles entry
First number of people to bring a FULL Set-up that includes TV+Wii+Brawl disc will have there venue fee waived as long as we need the set-up.
* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3
Finals will be played best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined by stock then percentage. If percentage is the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played using the same characters and same stage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* The winner of a Bowsercide is decided by whatever the game says the winner is.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.
* Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* There will be a 45 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 45 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome.
* There will be a combined 90 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 90 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome.
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
Additional Rules for Double's Play
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock then percentages. If the percentages are the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played with same characters and same stage. At no time will sudden death be played.
*Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries.
*Important one: If you are 10 minutes late to a match you are DQ'd from winners and losers bracket. We don't have the time or setups to put up with this. DON'T BE LATE.
*Don't be douche.
Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 3 stages first, then the other player strikes 4 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)
Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 bans per set, you may also ban neutrals)
Pokémon Stadium 2
Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.
Other very Important rules--
- Respect the venue and try to keep it clean
- No alcohol or any illegal drugs
- there was a couch damaged yesterday at UGZ and I would like to say that if you break any property at this venue you will pay for it no matter what.
- the venue owner doesn't like people hanging outside the venue in large groups. So don't hang outside the venue in large groups.
- Smokers: You are allowed to hang outside and smoke but please do not delay the tourney or stay out there for too long
- Be nice
I want to try and get at least 30 people here its a good venue and good location so lets make that happen
If you leave the venue make sure you are back in time for you matches because the time is limited.
Wii/TV List (Anyone who brings a full set-up will get there venue fee waived. As long as there is space/a need for another set up)
- SOVAman - Wii + TV
- BionicSonic - Wii RECORDING
- NeverKnowsBest - Wii RECORDING + TV VENUE FEE WAIVED
- Seagull - Wii + TV VENUE FEE WAIVED
- NOVA9000 - Wii + TV VENUE FEE WAIVED
- GanonBaller - Wii + TV VENUE FEE WAIVED
NOTE: If you arrive after doubles with a full setup your venue fee will not be waived. For your fee to be waived you need to bring a full setup that is used for doubles and singles.
Here is a link to a map with the location of places to eat near the venue:
You also can order pizza from the Pizza Hut marked on the map and have it delivered to the venue. The number to the Pizza Hut is (301)262-3500 .
Cell Phone: 571-286-9946
AIM: y0shi king