• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF presents: Veterans of 08' Smash, we da bes~ -- June 12th 2010 - Lanham MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ what does that even mean?

Also, FNB should crew battle ATHF, 5 ON 5 OR 6 ON 6 OR HOWEVER MANY PEOPLE SHOW UP, BRING YOUR **** SCRUBS

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Since Darky's birthday is the day of the tourny he can't go so ;_;

Anyone wanna team?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I find it funny how people love going to tourneys but if their birthday is on the day of a tourney they can't go...tbh I wasn't even able to goto a tourney on the weekend of the week my birthday was on....it sucked T_T

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
i might actually be able to go this since i finally got money now :D only thing is i gotta make sure i dont get lost on the way there ><

o cmon the ganoncide rule is somewhat stupid man =/ its hard enough to even land one let alone find out that it didnt work.... btw there arnt any specific rules saying what happens if a match goes to sudden death as a result of a ganoncide

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i might actually be able to go this since i finally got money now :D only thing is i gotta make sure i dont get lost on the way there ><

o cmon the ganoncide rule is somewhat stupid man =/ its hard enough to even land one let alone find out that it didnt work.... btw there arnt any specific rules saying what happens if a match goes to sudden death as a result of a ganoncide
1 stock run off. This rule will be enforced. By the way, ganoncide going to SD usually has a better chance on port 1 than any other port...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I find it funny how people love going to tourneys but if their birthday is on the day of a tourney they can't go...tbh I wasn't even able to goto a tourney on the weekend of the week my birthday was on....it sucked T_T
D: yea it just hapened to land on his b-day.

Oh well more practice time =P

Rawdog

Smash Rookie
question.

I think I can get there on the bus, there is a metro bus that passes right outside this thing. I saw it on Google maps but I can't make out the route number. if you can tell me what the bus number is I would really appreciate it. (google maps said it was out of their jurisdiction and the metro site is a pain)

B0NK

Smash Lord
question:
you set up recording equipment so I assume battles must be lost in you tube somewhere.

any links?
Here is a link to videos Bio uploaded from our last event: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273132

There is more out there, but that gives you a nice start.

As for your second question I unfortunately can't help you. Neither me nor SOVAman (my brother) live in Maryland and are only really familiar with the metro system in Virginia. I suggest typing in the address of NASA on the same street of the tourney and see if you can get the directions and routes off of metro's site that way. Otherwise I hope someone who lives in the area can help you out.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Just to make it clear,

We are using the MLG stagelist, but we will not be doing continuous sets at this event.

Main reason is not only has it just caused confusion at past events but it is hard to keep track of during earlier rounds of the bracket. We have also heard negative feedback about continuous sets from multiple players.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Where is the hype guys? This may be the last big local for a while.

Also I will make a post about what food places there are in the area

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Who wants to MM me at this? Any character, no agreed/set character crap.

Also, you guys have a ruling on Bowsercides and time, but what about Kirby/swallowcides if it goes to Sudden Death? Is it decided by percent or a 1-stock run off?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Sudden Death is 1 stock run offs with a 3 minute timer.

Poyo I would MM you for the sake of attention but I don't have money to spare at the moment.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
That's why I do really high MMs with Lie XD

Well actually, that's one of the reasons, but playing Lie also makes me better. Its like normally I'm a bad player, but after I finish a set with him I power up for the rest of the day :D

Also if you want to MM me, MM Night instead >_>

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I know Night wants to mm, he's the Lol. user account, and I'm not doing it. He can fight me in tourney again if he wants to try.

Edit: Brandon put this on AiB and generate some hype

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If I come, which I still probably will then I will MM you Poyo. Wolf vs whatever. 5 bucks.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
5 bucks Poyo, lets go. Your homo bro is welcome to the same MM xP

Joe, we are still on for 5 as well.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Hypeeeeeee, last event was **** and it was in a smaller space, this one will allow everyone to breathe a lil easier and stretch they balls, tell your friends~!

FNB, do you accept the crew battle from ATHF? C'MON

Also, this will be Junes last event for awhile, he's looking to win two events back to back, with Candys inability to beat FL randoms, its now even more within his grasp! Unless someone else thinks they can stop him!? Pro tip: You can't

hmm...perhaps i will attend. as usual i require a **** teammate that will potentially secure me money
Someone team with this man, his lips speak truth, BIG BLACK TRUTH!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
FNB can't beat us, and they won't accept the crew battle for that reason

Coney fears me, Takeover I always take to game 3, and the rest of them I can beat

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
So.... unfortunately I won't be coming to this. I should definitely be at gamepad, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom