• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Ender1645

Smash Cadet
What I think is that at worst, we are getting Doom content in Smash. Either as a spirit event or Mii costumes. Marty talked about speaking to Nintendo for a fighter, but nothing was said on Doom content as a whole. Best case scenario, Marty was lying and Doom Slayer is a fighter.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Red put up a great video regarding Doom Slayer's chances-

It's pretty much how I thought of this situation except this guy seems more optimistic. The lengthy response is a little worrisome but he thinks this response means nothing for Doomguy's chances. My hopes have risen a little.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm sorry fellas Id didn't flat out tell you if Doomguy was gonna be Fighter 6 or 7. Don't they care about us enough to breach contract?!

Joking aside, I remember back when it was still up in the air who'd be part of Fighter Pass 1 and SNK, when asked if they'd get a rep, were all "wouldn't that be awesome? Oh please, Nintendo-san!" while Terry was likely already in. What's happening here is probably the same thing with Doomguy so knock it off.
Watch Doomguy be the next character announced lol.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Inb4 Sakurai makes a joke of character being number 6 and how the number it's related to "demons" and to not be alarmed by it or some comment alluding to it.

:bowser:.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Come on, I know people can make their own opinion on whether Doomguy truly is deconfirmed or not but this is a dumb title.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
So the guy above me not only got a wrong person, but also wrong statement, huh?
Yes yes, fine, if you want to get needlessly pedantic about it.
The point I was trying to make was "A 343 employee said "no Chief in Smash"". Satisfied?
That was Frank O Conner (343 Industries person) who said it around Ultimates release so going into Volume 2 means that any message about characters from then until at least November of last year means nothing.
While I appreciate the correction, I'm not buying this "Any disqualifying properties that barred previously-speculated characters from inclusion into Smash Ultimate's base roster/Fighter Pass 1 have now been magically rescinded for Fighter Pass 2" mumbo-jumbo. Unless we get an official statement or one of these previously-disconfirmed characters gets in, such deliberations are nothing more than overconfident and, dare I say, near-delusional presumptions.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Yes yes, fine, if you want to get needlessly pedantic about it.
The point I was trying to make was "A 343 employee said "no Chief in Smash"". Satisfied?

While I appreciate the correction, I'm not buying this "Any disqualifying properties that barred previously-speculated characters from inclusion into Smash Ultimate's base roster/Fighter Pass 1 have now been magically rescinded for Fighter Pass 2" mumbo-jumbo. Unless we get an official statement or one of these previously-disconfirmed characters gets in, such deliberations are nothing more than overconfident and, dare I say, near-delusional presumptions.
But what you claimed is totally different... exaggeration. Frankie said Chief was not in dlc. That's not even remotely close to "Master Chief was never asked to be in, nor will he come to Smash Ultimate." No offense, but I just wanted to settle details straight.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
For me, the way I see it is, if Doom Slayer isn't the first or second character from the 2nd Pass (which will probably get revealed at E3 this year) then he's out IMO
I shall believe in Cacomallow until a credible person claims it or Doom Slayer isn't one of the first characters to come...

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Yikes, looks like this thread is in an all time low; if I've learned anything about Smash speculation, it's to never shrink back from supporting the character you'd love to see in Smash. I'm sure Ridley fans felt a heavy blow when Sakurai outright said he thought the character was too big, and look where we are today.

If he's not making this second fighter's pass, maybe we can push for him on a third pass or as a bonus DLC character - as far-fetched as either outcome may seem. If neither of those are on the table then it's time to push hard for him in the next Smash, simple as that. Doomguy's gotta rip and tear his way into the game one way or the other, so let's make our voices heard, stay strong and keep on fighting, Doombros!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Been a while since I checked this thread. And yeah, I've seen the news... personally, I'm not that worried though. The recent interview with Marty Stratton is definitely a hit to Doomguy if anything, but I'm on the "he was possibly under an NDA and had to lie" camp. To paraphrase what I said in the Geno thread, his words were dismissive, yeah, but not very conclusive in my eyes. He was definitely dodging the question, which is pretty indicative of an NDA being in play to me. Could Marty be telling the truth and Doomguy really isn't coming to Smash anytime soon? Sure, but I'm sticking to the thought he is still a possibility till the end.

Let's not lose faith just yet, y'all.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, seeing Byleth’s moveset has got me thinking more about Doom Slayer’s moveset.

As I mentioned before, Byleth’s Up-B is almost exactly how I imagined the Meat Hook functioning, but there’s another aspect of her moveset that I think could be adapted well: how her weapons are categorized.

Take a look at her moveset: Upward attacks use the Sword of the Creator, Neutral attacks use Failnaught (the bow), side attacks use Areadhbar (the spear), and downward attacks use Aymr (the axe).

This can possibly be adapted well into Doom Slayer’s moveset, except instead of different weapons, it could be ammo types. In his case, Neutral attacks can use bullet weapons (Pistol, heavy cannon and chaingun), Side attacks can use shell weapons, up attacks can use the rocket launcher and down attacks can use cell weapons (Plasma gun, Gauss Cannon/Ballista). It seems easy to follow, and can make a potential Breegull-Blaster-esque Neutral B easy to use.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
You know, seeing Byleth’s moveset has got me thinking more about Doom Slayer’s moveset.

As I mentioned before, Byleth’s Up-B is almost exactly how I imagined the Meat Hook functioning, but there’s another aspect of her moveset that I think could be adapted well: how her weapons are categorized.

Take a look at her moveset: Upward attacks use the Sword of the Creator, Neutral attacks use Failnaught (the bow), side attacks use Areadhbar (the spear), and downward attacks use Aymr (the axe).

This can possibly be adapted well into Doom Slayer’s moveset, except instead of different weapons, it could be ammo types. In his case, Neutral attacks can use bullet weapons (Pistol, heavy cannon and chaingun), Side attacks can use shell weapons, up attacks can use the rocket launcher and down attacks can use cell weapons (Plasma gun, Gauss Cannon/Ballista). It seems easy to follow, and can make a potential Breegull-Blaster-esque Neutral B easy to use.
Given how Joker and now Byleth now have tether recovery up-specials, this merely opens the door to the Slayer gaining a Rocket Jump up-special (since Sakurai would be forced to make such changes so as to not appear creatively bankrupt). Meathook could still be used, but only as a long-range grab that sticks only to fighters.

While this is no doubt an intriguing way to incorporate Doom's arsenal, I cannot help but feel that Sakurai may endeavour to further separate the Slayer from previous fighters, for the same reasons I mentioned above with the meathook Up-b.

Additionally, there are several holes in this moveset concept which I cannot help overlook;
  • Where does this leave the Slayer's Neutral Attacks as? The Pistol (which I may note is portrayed in Doom 2016 (and presumably Eternal) as a self-sustaining energy weapon with infinite ammo)? Melee attacks (which, may I remind, are restricted in 2016 (and presumably Eternal) to quick weapon bashes, Glory Kills and Berserker sprees (which might as well be called "100% Glory Kills" mode))?
  • While this moveset may be adequate at incorporating almost the entirety of the Slayer's arsenal, will their be enough room for weapon mods such as the Micro-missiles, Mobile Turret or Sticky Bomb?
  • Following from above, what happens to equipment with unique properties such as the Chainsaw or Equipment Cannon settings (Grenade, Ice Bomb, Flame Belcher, etc.)?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Additionally, there are several holes in this moveset concept which I cannot help overlook;
  • Where does this leave the Slayer's Neutral Attacks as? The Pistol (which I may note is portrayed in Doom 2016 (and presumably Eternal) as a self-sustaining energy weapon with infinite ammo)? Melee attacks (which, may I remind, are restricted in 2016 (and presumably Eternal) to quick weapon bashes, Glory Kills and Berserker sprees (which might as well be called "100% Glory Kills" mode))?
  • While this moveset may be adequate at incorporating almost the entirety of the Slayer's arsenal, will their be enough room for weapon mods such as the Micro-missiles, Mobile Turret or Sticky Bomb?
  • Following from above, what happens to equipment with unique properties such as the Chainsaw or Equipment Cannon settings (Grenade, Ice Bomb, Flame Belcher, etc.)?
For the first one, I was thinking more of the classic Doom pistol, where it used bullets like the Chaingun.

But you got me on the latter two points. The Equipment Launcher and the Weapon Mods, I have no idea at all with the categorization.

Last edited:

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
I had a crazy thought a while back of meat hook being his dash attack. From a unique side of things, a dash attack that's a long range command grab hasn't been done before. And from the lore side, eternal footage shows it as something you use to get in close as fast as you can to break someone's face.

I should also mention my image of doomguy in smash is that he runs out of ammo like inkling, but the way he replenishes ammo is though melee attacks. With that I think the meat hook dash attack would fit really well as he needs to be hyper aggressive to stay in the fight.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
What if the Slayer had a weapon wheel as his neutral B? It would pretty much function like Shulk's neutral B except replacing the Monado Arts with his guns. Opening the weapon wheel would only work when you're not moving the analog stick, and while walking or running he would be able to fire from the gun he's currently holding by pressing continually pressing B (works like Mega Man's jab attack while moving).

EDIT: Tbh I haven't given the Weapon Wheel idea much thought and is probably unnecessary. I'll try and come back to this idea and see how i could make it work for Smash :laugh:

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
For me, the way I see it is, if Doom Slayer isn't the first or second character from the 2nd Pass (which will probably get revealed at E3 this year) then he's out IMO
I shall believe in Cacomallow until a credible person claims it or Doom Slayer isn't one of the first characters to come...
I believe the Mallow part for sure, as Mallow's hat was leaked with Rocket Grunt and Goemon.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that those weren't just luck guesses.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ever since the interview there’s been something on my mind.

Wasn’t there a past interview where one of the devs accidentally mentioned Smash and then he and the staff went into awkward moment mode?
So... what if in this interview they were compensating by overstating that they were never approached, etc. A bit of a more blown up story than a “we don’t know but would be great” to make up for the little blunder of that other interview.

Also, Was there such an interview before?

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
To speak on the supposed deconfirmation, I completely agree with Red's video. NDAs exist, so they won't just come out and say yes.
But to critique the moveset above, Doom Slayer's Forward Smash should absolutely be his chainsaw.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
What if the Slayer had a weapon wheel as his neutral B? It would pretty much function like Shulk's neutral B except replacing the Monado Arts with his guns. Opening the weapon wheel would only work when you're not moving the analog stick, and while walking or running he would be able to fire from the gun he's currently holding by pressing continually pressing B (works like Mega Man's jab attack while moving).

EDIT: Tbh I haven't given the Weapon Wheel idea much thought and is probably unnecessary. I'll try and come back to this idea and see how i could make it work for Smash :laugh:
Wanted to share this sooner since, but I made a full moveset & visual concept for Doom Slayer that I think you guys might like.

Consider this as me saying I support as well, if any series matches perfectly with the ideals of Smash it would be Doom.
I always found the weapon wheel to be an iffy aspect in these Doom Slayer moveset concepts; the only reason for its existence is as a console accessibility feature, accommodating for the fact that most gamepads don't come with a row of number keys or a scroll wheel. It's something that I personally don't believe is wholly true to Doom's gameplay. Granted, I will say having the weapon wheel change the Slayer's weapon (as opposed to cycling through each one like Wii U Shulk) could open up some avenues such as changing the Jab and/or tilt attacks into the chosen weapon's standard fire, with weapon mods being incorporated into tilts or aerials.

However, disregarding the above:
But to critique the moveset above, Doom Slayer's Forward Smash should absolutely be his chainsaw.
Naw man. SSG as a forward smash just works. Imagine the windup being him loading the shells before bracing for the inevitably high-impact blast.
Heck, you could even make it work as a down-smash by having the Slayer whip around, firing one shell from each barrel either side of him.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I always found the weapon wheel to be an iffy aspect in these Doom Slayer moveset concepts; the only reason for its existence is as a console accessibility feature, accommodating for the fact that most gamepads don't come with a row of number keys or a scroll wheel. It's something that I personally don't believe is wholly true to Doom's gameplay. Granted, I will say having the weapon wheel change the Slayer's weapon (as opposed to cycling through each one like Wii U Shulk) could open up some avenues such as changing the Jab and/or tilt attacks into the chosen weapon's standard fire, with weapon mods being incorporated into tilts or aerials.

However, disregarding the above:

Naw man. SSG as a forward smash just works. Imagine the windup being him loading the shells before bracing for the inevitably high-impact blast.
Heck, you could even make it work as a down-smash by having the Slayer whip around, firing one shell from each barrel either side of him.
I feel the shotguns are too snappy to be Smash attacks for the most part. I like Chainsaw as a Smash so you can get the charging hurtbox, then something like the CSG for a single jab (like Ganon) and SSG as Neutral B

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
That interview and the Fire Emblem reveal hit my faith/excitement for FP 2 pretty hard.

So I've just been playing the Switch ports of Doom/Doom II to take my mind of this for a bit. I'll still keep some hope, but I'm also preparing to just see Doom sprites added to a spirit board event.

Anyway my time with the classic Doom's have been kinda funny at first. I technically never really played them before (not counting Chex Quest) but I grow up watching my Dad them all the time, so I've always been really familiar with the games. But my time with Doom 2016 has had a weird effect on how I perceived the monsters (extra thanks to the classic maps in that game). It took awhile to get use to not seeing Lost Souls as a joke, and needing to respect the Revenant, but stop respecting Pinkys/Spectors cause I can just punch/chainsaw them into a funnel lol.

KillerCage

Smash Master
While waiting for his hopeful inclusion into Smash, Doomguy is going to teach others the way of the shotgun.
ddpa7em-87a7bea0-11d3-4b01-af2d-08d4d454bb3c.png

(Credit for this fanart goes to weasselK on DeviantArt.)

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Ever since the interview there’s been something on my mind.

Wasn’t there a past interview where one of the devs accidentally mentioned Smash and then he and the staff went into awkward moment mode?
So... what if in this interview they were compensating by overstating that they were never approached, etc. A bit of a more blown up story than a “we don’t know but would be great” to make up for the little blunder of that other interview.

Also, Was there such an interview before?
That interview was during QuakeCon 2019, 22/8 if I remember well. The interviewer asked how do they see doomslayer in a fighting game like Mortal Kombat and then he replies “Would be really cool, there or super smash brothers”.

I think that all this issue with the doomslayer in smash is that happened something like this:

Bethesda: “Hey Nintendo, would not be really cool to have the doomslayer as a playable fighter in smash brothers ??”
Nintendo: “Yeah, that would be great”
Bethesda: “So, how it would be possible?”
Nintendo: “Well, first we need to propose it to Mr.Sakurai and if he agrees, we will comeback with you to close the deal”
Bethesda:”Great, we will wait, thanks”

In resume; I think they were conversations to put doomslayer in smash but Sakurai rejected the proposal and choose the characters that we know for FP#1. Its a shame because Doom universe would be really great to see in smash, and doomslayer fighting style would be unique and enrich the game.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I watched decino's video on the BFG 9000, which is pretty interesting.

It seems really interesting, and gets me thinking of how a BFG Final Smash would work.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just wanted to drop these articles in hopes to raise the mood up and to remind ya'll that, the latest interview is by no means a deconfirmation of Doom Slayer for Smash.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

https://screenrant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-doom-slayer-dlc-evidence/

Oh, and let us not forget that time back at Quake Con 2019, when during an interview with the Doom Eternal devs, heh... well... I'll just let the video speak for itself. ;)

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I don't get why people are so bummed by the recent news.

If he is gonna be DLC, what were they supposed to say when asked about it?
There's literally no other response they could have given.

You can't say "yes, he's in". That would be breaking NDA.
You can't say "well we've been talking about it." because that is basically "yes."
You can't say "no comment" because that's admitting that you aren't allowed to talk about it, which is basically "yes."

You have to say no. Its what Grant Kirkhope did with Banjo questions.

Its never fun to hear news like this, but you gotta think about it logically. If he's in, they're under NDA. They have to say no.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Something that does pique my curiosity is how exactly do people get it out to Nintendo on what characters they want? Like I wonder this about characters such as Banjo-Kazooie. How do they know about characters that the fans want, and at what point did Nintendo take it up and decide to roll with it? I imagine it can't just be the old ballot they have.

I'd like my support for Doomguy / slayer to be known respectfully, the best I can do is chime in from time to time about it over on Twitter or other platforms, but there's not much else I can think of. I can only hope they might see the recent success of all the Doom ports on the Switch including the new games. Hopefully Doom Eternal's sales will do really well paired with the Doom ports, and maybe we can have a better chance at seeing him in Smash sooner rather than later.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Something that does pique my curiosity is how exactly do people get it out to Nintendo on what characters they want? Like I wonder this about characters such as Banjo-Kazooie. How do they know about characters that the fans want, and at what point did Nintendo take it up and decide to roll with it? I imagine it can't just be the old ballot they have.

I'd like my support for Doomguy / slayer to be known respectfully, the best I can do is chime in from time to time about it over on Twitter or other platforms, but there's not much else I can think of. I can only hope they might see the recent success of all the Doom ports on the Switch including the new games. Hopefully Doom Eternal's sales will do really well paired with the Doom ports, and maybe we can have a better chance at seeing him in Smash sooner rather than later.
Well requests for Banjo have been around since Melee, and he'd been considered for the series before.

I think nowadays, Nintendo probably just notices characters being talked about on twitter and youtube. I'm sure Sakurai gets tons of tweets.
If you want to support your character, respectfully posting about them on social media with hashtags is really the best way to support them imo.

That being said, all of the characters in FP2 have already been chosen, so if he isn't already in, rooting for him at this point won't do anything (unless theres a FP3).

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

You can't say "well we've been talking about it." because that is basically "yes."
You can't say "no comment" because that's admitting that you aren't allowed to talk about it, which is basically "yes."

Its never fun to hear news like this, but you gotta think about it logically. If he's in, they're under NDA. They have to say no.
This guy gets it! Denying any involvement with Smash is the only sensible answer Stratton could give. It might sound definitive, but really all it does is leave things ambiguous since every other response he could've given would be taken as a confirmation in one way or another. I think at the end of the day it shouldn't make a difference to Doomguy's chances; if you think he's likely, he's still likely, and if you think he's not, he's still not. And personally, I'm riding the Doomguy train until it either finds its destination, reaches the end of the trail, or has to stop at the Mii Costume station.

Hmm, hard to say. I think the Smash ballot is the best they've got, but of course it's already a bit outdated. For all we know, they could have a team of people specialized in researching character popularity across the internet.

ceterisparibus

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to drop these articles in hopes to raise the mood up and to remind ya'll that, the latest interview is by no means a deconfirmation of Doom Slayer for Smash.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

https://screenrant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-doom-slayer-dlc-evidence/

Oh, and let us not forget that time back at Quake Con 2019, when during an interview with the Doom Eternal devs, heh... well... I'll just let the video speak for itself. ;)

These were things that were stated before the deconfirmation, and things can easily change as time passes. Since the teasing amounted to nothing (mind you, it is neither a confirmation nor a deconfirmation) for FP1, it doesn't point out anything to me about the greater likelihood of DOOM.

The earlier post literally had him saying that "we were in talks with Nintendo about it" in 2019. There are ways to deny plausible inclusion without going into an extremely detailed "we asked Nintendo but we didn't get any response (it would be cool to see him, we'll see what happens, or even a simple no will suffice).

What's the point of a long denial (if he was under NDA) when it could hurt your credibility in the future?
Developers saying no can just mean they're not in (for every vague Kirkhope answer there are many other "no" responses which turned out to be true - see kojima and Hashimoto).

I'm sure that Sakurai/Nintendo have their eyes on what ticks. Undertale/Cuphead weren't even a thing during the ballot and yet they were included as mii costumes. If anything, they believe in inclusions that aren't purely fan-driven (Persona/DQ/SNK/FE weren't speculated at all till their leaks happened).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I mean if Doomguy is not in Smash, I’d rather there be some damning evidence pointing to it sooner so people can start moving on then and there, than wait around two years for the season 2 DLC to finish unveiling only to find out he’s not in at that point.

Not getting my hopes up for Doomguy to the extent I had before after recent events has taken a certain weight off my shoulders. Not that I see him as an impossibility now or anything, but when the DLC’s already been decided anyway, I think lowering your expectations is the way to go, and if by some chance Doomguy turns out to be one of the DLC’s after all, it’ll make it all the sweeter and the wait beforehand less painful.

I guess with Doom as a series currently doing the best it has since I and II also (as the Doom III era was kinda divisive), any kind of advertisement for it in Smash will probably do it enough justice, although would prefer a full character over just Mii costumes but whatever happens, happens I guess.

Eternal seems like a potential peak for the series, like Doom 2016 but on a grander scale, so I’ll be good one way or the other regardless of how Doom might get represented in Smash once I start getting into that game, but I’ll still hope for you Doombros on the side, though whatever happens, keep your chin up and rip and tear until it is done.

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
I mean if Doomguy is not in Smash, I’d rather there be some damning evidence pointing to it sooner so people can start moving on then and there, than wait around two years for the season 2 DLC to finish unveiling only to find out he’s not in at that point.

Not getting my hopes up for Doomguy to the extent I had before after recent events has taken a certain weight off my shoulders. Not that I see him as an impossibility now or anything, but when the DLC’s already been decided anyway, I think lowering your expectations is the way to go, and if by some chance Doomguy turns out to be one of the DLC’s after all, it’ll make it all the sweeter and the wait beforehand less painful.

I guess with Doom as a series currently doing the best it has since I and II also (as the Doom III era was kinda divisive), any kind of advertisement for it in Smash will probably do it enough justice, although would prefer a full character over just Mii costumes but whatever happens, happens I guess.

Eternal seems like a potential peak for the series, like Doom 2016 but on a grander scale, so I’ll be good one way or the other regardless of how Doom might get represented in Smash once I start getting into that game, but I’ll still hope for you Doombros on the side, though whatever happens, keep your chin up and rip and tear until it is done.
I'm starting to believe that "We've decided already the DLC's" is either bull-**** or is the truth, but haven't yet contacted the people that is going to have their character in the game.

Bull-**** because Sakurai is constantly bombarded by requests from people to add their most wanted... Telling them that every DLC is decided already might reduce a bit the amount of tweets Sakurai gets... (Not that it helps too much...)

It could be true, but hear me out on this: Let's suppose the last DLC slot is indeed decided... I find it hard to believe there were negotiations with that last DLC, as it will take a LONG time for it to be fulfilled, and worked on... Why negotiating THIS early?

My theory is that Sakurai did picked the characters, but the devs of these characters haven't been informed yet.

All I have to say is, it's not over until Doomguy gets a spirit event or a Mii Costume, or the last DLC for the Fighter Pass 2 is unveiled.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So you guys hear about this weird Glitch stuff in regards to DLC?

Here’s what I mean: Mii Swordfighter has had a freeze glitch, and Hero, who was datamined as “Brave”, had a metallic sound similar to Link’s Shield.

Duck Hunt had some weird freezing before Banjo.

Nothing was found for Terry, though I would assume that he was based on Ryu and Ken.

In 6.0.0, the Belmonts had a weird visual glitch with their Forward Smash, and sure enough Byleth was revealed with a whip sword.

And now, there’s a thing going around about how Bayonetta has a weird visual glitch when using Up Smash. Whoever Bayonetta is basing on, we don’t know.

So if this keeps up, which character used as Doom Slayer’s base would have similar glitches before he’s revealed?

On the one hand, Little Mac is absolute garbage in the air if we’re using his more modern appearance because of Doom Eternal’s airdashes, but his ground game and brutal up-close attacks deal Doom-worthy damage and his ground mobility invokes the more Classic Doom.

On the other hand, Ganondorf is the opposite of mobile and would be more difficult to kill than what I imagine Doom Slayer being, but like Mac, he has Doom-worthy damage output and he has the tall, imposing and brutal figure that Doom Slayer would no doubt have. Also it would be kind of ironic to use a demon king as a base for a demon slayer.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So you guys hear about this weird Glitch stuff in regards to DLC?

Here’s what I mean: Mii Swordfighter has had a freeze glitch, and Hero, who was datamined as “Brave”, had a metallic sound similar to Link’s Shield.

Duck Hunt had some weird freezing before Banjo.

Nothing was found for Terry, though I would assume that he was based on Ryu and Ken.

In 6.0.0, the Belmonts had a weird visual glitch with their Forward Smash, and sure enough Byleth was revealed with a whip sword.

And now, there’s a thing going around about how Bayonetta has a weird visual glitch when using Up Smash. Whoever Bayonetta is basing on, we don’t know.

So if this keeps up, which character used as Doom Slayer’s base would have similar glitches before he’s revealed?

On the one hand, Little Mac is absolute garbage in the air if we’re using his more modern appearance because of Doom Eternal’s airdashes, but his ground game and brutal up-close attacks deal Doom-worthy damage and his ground mobility invokes the more Classic Doom.

On the other hand, Ganondorf is the opposite of mobile and would be more difficult to kill than what I imagine Doom Slayer being, but like Mac, he has Doom-worthy damage output and he has the tall, imposing and brutal figure that Doom Slayer would no doubt have. Also it would be kind of ironic to use a demon king as a base for a demon slayer.
I think Bayonetta's could be for someone such as Dante.

dolke

Smash Cadet
There was a glitch with samus a while back, where she turned completely black, but I doubt it meant anything considering yoshi also went invisible.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I mean I'm aware the DLC characters are already selected at this point, but that's not stopping me or anyone else from showing their continued support for a character no matter what. I've been supporting Doomguy in Smash at least since after E3 of 2018, when I had already gotten some of my most wanted in Smash at the time. I used to think of how ridiculous and out there the idea of Doomguy in Smash was, but seeing not only his name but Master Chief and certainly Cloud Strife way before Smash 4 has brought a lot of new characters to the light of possibility - the dream of seeing such "out there" characters no longer seems that out of reach, so I'm all for pushing their names out there continually.

I also remember how repeatedly I'd seen Banjo-Kazooie posted, shared and responded to over on Twitter whenever anything Smash-related cropped up, and that was in 2018. Now that's not saying their support doesn't go back further than that, but it amazed me to see the payoff when BK were revealed at E3 2019. Somehow, their voices got heard - Nintendo was aware of this. If I had not been following the Smash community in 2018 onward, the idea of Banjo-Kazooie getting into Smash would have seemed alien to my mind. They just seemed like a very fan-service-y character, but I was amazed and overjoyed to see that it really seemed like Nintendo was listening. These days, you wanna know who kind of fits that same constant posting I've seen with Banjo? Doomguy. I feel like a lot of the same things are kind of lining up with Doomguy in Smash in a similar manner, and yes, it's totally possible we could get blindsided by the timing of his support similar to other characters (Rex, Spring Man) but if I've learning anything from it, persistence is key.

Anyway, not much else I can think to offer on the subject. To be honest I'm not even totally against a Mii Gunner outfit - I would take that over nothing. However I would love to see a real team friendship going on between a playable Doomguy and Isabelle, Inkling, Geno (if he got in) and other cutesy characters since that also seems to have been a thing for a while now.

Top Bottom