• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Sweet jesus this thing is hard to kill. It literally got a quarter of itself torn off and it's still going? I'm liking Doomguy's odds here.

Poor Artorias though, he died so we could (maybe) get Doomguy. Guess he died as a hero after all...

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
There's a lot of characters I wouldn't mind for the last two DLC slots, but Doomguy/Doom Slayer is easily my most wanted besides Geno. It looks like there's been a lot of good things floating around about him and it's mindblowing to think it could really happen, as I honestly felt at one time it seemed like something that would never, ever happen. I really hope he pulls through all of this because I agree he would best fit representing the FPS genre as the one who widely popularized it - not to mention I'm very much into playing classic Doom WADs and multiplayer. It'd be crazy to think the same character who has ventured through thousands of PWADs could be making their way into Smash Ultimate.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Wait, so if Google Theory isn't dead, does that imply fighter pass 2? Since Hero is in and Banjo too, then three characters from the theory are missing but we only have two slots. Could also be a Piranha Plant sort of deal and sell one of them individually, but I don't know.

If we imply that the former will be true then I think more names should have appeared on the theory to fill up a second pass, if that makes sense.

I'm going to remain skeptical on this until new informations comes by.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Slayer feel like reasonable choices to round up this fighter pass. Different than the previous 3 characters, but their names are just as big. I would like to see those two characters: they're unique and iconic.

KillerCage

Smash Master
What a time we live in. If you said this back in the Brawl era, people would be utterly bewildered by your statement.
People may have believed Ryu Hayabusa back then, but definitely NOT Doom Slayer.

{edit) Has anyone else being beside me tried to present the news regarding Google Theory to the Ryu Hayabusa thread? When I tried, they come across as pretty dismissive to me.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
It's funny, I used to hypothesize between classes way back during post-Brawl about Doomguy and why he might be considered "worthy" of a spot. I never came close to thinking it'd actually be feasible, yet here we are today. The fact that Doomkirb may soon be a reality is surreal.

I for one have my Doomguy posting ready and waiting for the moment he (potentially) shows himself.
5f2.jpg

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So a long time back, I made a Doom Slayer moveset which, looking back, didn't feel right to me. So here's my revamped version:

Character Gimmick: Glory Kills:
  • Dealing damage develops a dark orange outline around the portrait of the opponent that takes the damage.
  • When the outline completely encompasses a character’s portrait, the outline becomes white, meaning they are prone to a Glory Kill. A character must take 100% damage from Doom Slayer before they are prone.
  • If Doom Slayer grabs an opponent while prone to a Glory Kill, they will be instantly KO’d.
  • If the opponent manages to avoid the Glory Kill for 8 seconds, the outline will disappear and no longer be prone to Glory Kills.
  • If the opponent is KO’d before they are Glory Killed, the opponent’s outline will vanish regardless of whether or not they are prone.
  • If multiple Doom Slayers are in battle, the outline will flash with the color of the Doom Slayer that can specifically Glory Kill them (For example, green would signify Player 4, or pink for Player 7). A number will flash next to the portrait if multiple CPUs are playing as Doom Slayer.
  • Doom Slayer has a unique Glory Kill animation for each character.
Jab:
  • Tap A: Fire equipped weapon. Auto-targets the closest opponent in a 120 degree cone with slow tracking. Reaches out at ½ Battlefield.
  • Mash A: Repeatedly fires equipped weapon.
  • Hold A: Weapon Wheel: Swap your current weapon. Release A with joystick over weapon to swap. Automatic weapons deal knockback every 3 shots hit. An icon in the shape of the weapon equipped will be displayed in the Doom Slayer’s UI just above the Heavy Weapon icon (Seen in Neutral B).
    • Pistol: Weakest weapon dealing 3% damage and hitstun.
    • Shotgun: Short range weapon that deals 7% damage at close-range. Damage lessens with distance. Has decent knockback up close.
    • Heavy Cannon: Mid-range weapon that deals 5% damage per shot at 8 shots a second. Has less-than-decent knockback.
    • Chaingun: Rapid-fire weapon firing shots that deal 4% damage per shot at 15 shots a second. Has near-nonexistent knockback.
Side-tilt: Move forwards while attacking. Similar to Mega Man’s.

Up-tilt: Stabs upwards with the Chainsaw. Deals damage over five hits. Has some good combo potential.

Down-tilt: A burst of the Flame Belcher. Deals fire damage and gives Doom Slayer one-hit super armor if it hits. The super armor does not stack.

Dash Attack: Lunges forwards with the Doom Blade extended.

Grab and Pummel: Doom Slayer reaches out and grabs the opponent by their neck. Performs gut-punches as a pummel, dealing 3.5% damage on hit.

F-throw: A left hook, then a right hook. Does 4% on the first hit, then 5% on the second. Doesn’t have much knockback.

D-throw: Doom Slayer jumps down on top of the opponent before stomping on their head. Does 9% damage and deals some decent knockback.

U-throw: Doom Slayer trips the opponent before bringing a fist down onto their airborne body. Deals 6% damage on the first hit and the opponent takes 5% damage when hitting the ground. Does some pretty good knockback.

B-throw: Doom Slayer brings the Doom Blade down on them from behind. Deals 11% damage and some decent knockback.

Neutral Air: Fire equipped Light Weapon.

Forward Air: Dashes forwards with a charging right hook. Can be used a second time in succession, or in succession with Back Air.

Down Air: Shoots his feet downwards while the Lateral thrusters create a burst underneath him.

Back Air: Dashes backwards with a charging right hook. Can be used a second time in succession, or in succession with Forward Air.

Up Air: Doom Slayer shoots a burst of the Flame Belcher upwards. This has as much range as the Mii Gunner’s up-air, and gives Doom Slayer one-hit super armor if it lands. The super armor doesn’t stack.

360 Smash: Doom Slayer readies the Super Shotgun and fires in the direction of the Joystick. The Super Shotgun burst deals 30% damage at close range, and damage decreases by 10% as it goes out, similarly to Joker’s Gun. At close range, the Super Shotgun has enough knockback to be an excellent kill move. If aiming downwards, the Doom Slayer will jump upwards before firing.

Neutral B: Heavy Weapons:
  • Tap B: Fire equipped weapon.
  • Mash B: Repeatedly fire weapon. While firing, you can tilt the joystick to change trajectory.
  • Hold B: Weapon Wheel: Swap your current weapon. Release B with joystick over weapon to swap. An icon in the shape of the weapon equipped will be displayed in the Doom Slayer’s UI just below the Light Weapon icon (Seen in Jab). Automatic weapons deal knockback every 3 shots hit.
    • Plasma Gun: Rapid-fire weapon firing shots that deal 7% damage per shot at 20 shots a second. Has near-nonexistent knockback.
    • Gauss Cannon: Heavy weapon that fires one shot per 1 second. Deals 13% damage per shot. Propels Doom Slayer in the direction opposite of where he’s firing. Has amazing knockback on hit.
    • Rocket Launcher: Fires a rocket per 1 second. Deals 20% splash damage. Has as much knockback as Snake’s Nikita.
Side B: Blood Punch: Doom Slayer lunges forwards and deals a brutal haymaker to the opponent. If Doom Slayer has performed a Glory Kill prior, the Blood Punch will create an explosion that deals damage to nearby opponents.

Up B: Meat Hook: Doom Slayer takes out the Super Shotgun and fires the Meat Hook in the direction of the joystick. As a tether recovery, it doesn’t have as much range as Joker’s Grappling Hook, but it can grab an opponent either on the ground or in the air. If an opponent is grabbed, the Doom Slayer will reel himself in towards the enemy. The opponent can mash out of the Meat Hook. He can perform one of the following while reeling in:
  • A: Fire a shot from the Super Shotgun, dealing the same damage and knockback as in his Smash attack.
  • B: Release the opponent with some momentum for recovery.
  • Grab: Prime Doom Slayer to grab the opponent when reaching the opponent. This can only be done if the grabbed opponent is on the ground.
Down B: Weapon Mod: Doom Slayer places himself in a stance and uses the mod of a weapon he has equipped based on the button. A uses the Jab weapons while B uses the Heavy Weapons. When using a Weapon Mod, it goes into cooldown based on which button the weapon is assigned to. Jab weapons take 4 seconds to recharge while Heavy Weapons take 8 seconds to recharge.
  • Pistol: Charged Shot: Deals double the damage and knockback at the cost of being telegraphed.
  • Shotgun: Explosive Shot: Fires a sticky bomb that explodes, dealing .5x the damage and knockback of the Rocket Launcher.
  • Heavy Cannon: Cluster Missiles: Fires six small missiles that deal 5% damage each and has low knockback.
  • Chaingun: Mobile Turret: The chaingun splits into three smaller barrels, and fires shots that deal 1% damage but has triple the fire rate of the normal Chaingun. Hold the B button to continuously fire. Cooldown will start after the button is released. If firing for 8 seconds straight, the Chaingun overheat, tripling the cooldown time.
  • Plasma Gun: Stun Bomb: The plasma gun fires a single orb that bursts upon contact, stunning opponents in range and dealing 9% damage. The burst is the same blast radius as the C4.
  • Gauss Cannon: Siege Mode: The Doom Slayer is rendered completely immobile when using this weapon mod. Releasing the B button will fire the shot. Tilting the joystick while holding B will aim the Cannon. The Siege Mode shot deals double the damage and knockback of the normal Gauss Cannon.
  • Rocket Launcher: Lock-On Burst: The Doom Slayer will auto-lock onto the opponent and fire a burst of three rockets that head for the opponent’s position at the moment the rockets were fired.
Final Smash: BFG 9000: Doom Slayer will warp out of the stage and a BFG 9000 will appear as though the camera is in his perspective. A reticle will appear on screen, prompting the player to aim anywhere on the stage. By pressing B or after a set amount of time passes, the Doom Slayer will fire a shot from the BFG 9000, which deals continuous damage over time before making contact with the stage and exploding. If any opponents are caught in the blast, they will take additional damage. The blast is as powerful and as big as the Bomber item. After firing a shot, Doom Slayer will warp back to the battlefield.

Note: This may be subjective to change in the future. Especially the Glory Kill mechanic, which I feel needs more tweaking but don't know how.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So a long time back, I made a Doom Slayer moveset which, looking back, didn't feel right to me. So here's my revamped version:

• Dealing damage develops a dark orange outline around the portrait of the opponent that takes the damage.
  • When the outline completely encompasses a character’s portrait, the outline becomes white, meaning they are prone to a Glory Kill. A character must take 100% damage from Doom Slayer before they are prone.
  • If Doom Slayer grabs an opponent while prone to a Glory Kill, they will be instantly KO’d.
  • If the opponent manages to avoid the Glory Kill for 8 seconds, the outline will disappear and no longer be prone to Glory Kills.
  • If the opponent is KO’d before they are Glory Killed, the opponent’s outline will vanish regardless of whether or not they are prone.
  • If multiple Doom Slayers are in battle, the outline will flash with the color of the Doom Slayer that can specifically Glory Kill them (For example, green would signify Player 4, or pink for Player 7). A number will flash next to the portrait if multiple CPUs are playing as Doom Slayer.
Jab:
  • Tap A: Fire equipped weapon. Auto-targets the closest opponent in a 120 degree cone with slow tracking. Reaches out at ½ Battlefield.
  • Hold A: Weapon Wheel: Swap your current weapon. Release A with joystick over weapon to swap. Automatic weapons deal knockback every 3 shots hit. An icon in the shape of the weapon equipped will be displayed in the Doom Slayer’s UI just above the Heavy Weapon icon (Seen in Neutral B).
    • Shotgun: Short range weapon that deals 7% damage at close-range. Damage lessens with distance. Has decent knockback up close.
    • Heavy Cannon: Mid-range weapon that deals 5% damage per shot at 8 shots a second. Has less-than-decent knockback.
    • Chaingun: Rapid-fire weapon firing shots that deal 4% damage per shot at 15 shots a second. Has near-nonexistent knockback.

Up-tilt: Stabs upwards with the Chainsaw. Deals damage over five hits. Has some good combo potential.

Down-tilt: A burst of the Flame Belcher. Deals fire damage and gives Doom Slayer one-hit super armor if it hits. The super armor does not stack.

Grab and Pummel: Doom Slayer reaches out and grabs the opponent by their neck. Performs gut-punches as a pummel, dealing 3.5% damage on hit.

F-throw: A left hook, then a right hook. Does 4% on the first hit, then 5% on the second. Doesn’t have much knockback.

D-throw: Doom Slayer jumps down on top of the opponent before stomping on their head. Does 9% damage and deals some decent knockback.

U-throw: Doom Slayer trips the opponent before bringing a fist down onto their airborne body. Deals 6% damage on the first hit and the opponent takes 5% damage when hitting the ground. Does some pretty good knockback.

B-throw: Doom Slayer brings the Doom Blade down on them from behind. Deals 11% damage and some decent knockback.

Forward Air: Dashes forwards with a charging right hook. Can be used a second time in succession, or in succession with Back Air.

Down Air: Shoots his feet downwards while the Lateral thrusters create a burst underneath him.

Back Air: Dashes backwards with a charging right hook. Can be used a second time in succession, or in succession with Forward Air.

Up Air: Doom Slayer shoots a burst of the Flame Belcher upwards. This has as much range as the Mii Gunner’s up-air, and gives Doom Slayer one-hit super armor if it lands. The super armor doesn’t stack.

360 Smash: Doom Slayer readies the Super Shotgun and fires in the direction of the Joystick. The Super Shotgun burst deals 30% damage at close range, and damage decreases by 10% as it goes out, similarly to Joker’s Gun. At close range, the Super Shotgun has enough knockback to be an excellent kill move. If aiming downwards, the Doom Slayer will jump upwards before firing.

• Mash B: Repeatedly fire weapon. While firing, you can tilt the joystick to change trajectory.
  • Hold B: Weapon Wheel: Swap your current weapon. Release B with joystick over weapon to swap. An icon in the shape of the weapon equipped will be displayed in the Doom Slayer’s UI just below the Light Weapon icon (Seen in Jab). Automatic weapons deal knockback every 3 shots hit.
    • Plasma Gun: Rapid-fire weapon firing shots that deal 7% damage per shot at 20 shots a second. Has near-nonexistent knockback.
    • Gauss Cannon: Heavy weapon that fires one shot per 1 second. Deals 13% damage per shot. Propels Doom Slayer in the direction opposite of where he’s firing. Has amazing knockback on hit.
    • Rocket Launcher: Fires a rocket per 1 second. Deals 20% splash damage. Has as much knockback as Snake’s Nikita.
Side B: Blood Punch: Doom Slayer lunges forwards and deals a brutal haymaker to the opponent. If Doom Slayer has performed a Glory Kill prior, the Blood Punch will create an explosion that deals damage to nearby opponents.

Up B: Meat Hook: Doom Slayer takes out the Super Shotgun and fires the Meat Hook in the direction of the joystick. As a tether recovery, it doesn’t have as much range as Joker’s Grappling Hook, but it can grab an opponent either on the ground or in the air. If an opponent is grabbed, the Doom Slayer will reel himself in towards the enemy. The opponent can mash out of the Meat Hook. He can perform one of the following while reeling in:
  • A: Fire a shot from the Super Shotgun, dealing the same damage and knockback as in his Smash attack.
  • Grab: Prime Doom Slayer to grab the opponent when reaching the opponent. This can only be done if the grabbed opponent is on the ground.
Down B: Weapon Mod: Doom Slayer places himself in a stance and uses the mod of a weapon he has equipped based on the button. A uses the Jab weapons while B uses the Heavy Weapons. When using a Weapon Mod, it goes into cooldown based on which button the weapon is assigned to. Jab weapons take 4 seconds to recharge while Heavy Weapons take 8 seconds to recharge.
  • Pistol: Charged Shot: Deals double the damage and knockback at the cost of being telegraphed.
  • Shotgun: Explosive Shot: Fires a sticky bomb that explodes, dealing .5x the damage and knockback of the Rocket Launcher.
  • Heavy Cannon: Cluster Missiles: Fires six small missiles that deal 5% damage each and has low knockback.
  • Chaingun: Mobile Turret: The chaingun splits into three smaller barrels, and fires shots that deal 1% damage but has triple the fire rate of the normal Chaingun. Hold the B button to continuously fire. Cooldown will start after the button is released. If firing for 8 seconds straight, the Chaingun overheat, tripling the cooldown time.
  • Plasma Gun: Stun Bomb: The plasma gun fires a single orb that bursts upon contact, stunning opponents in range and dealing 9% damage. The burst is the same blast radius as the C4.
  • Gauss Cannon: Siege Mode: The Doom Slayer is rendered completely immobile when using this weapon mod. Releasing the B button will fire the shot. Tilting the joystick while holding B will aim the Cannon. The Siege Mode shot deals double the damage and knockback of the normal Gauss Cannon.
  • Rocket Launcher: Lock-On Burst: The Doom Slayer will auto-lock onto the opponent and fire a burst of three rockets that head for the opponent’s position at the moment the rockets were fired.
Final Smash: BFG 9000: Doom Slayer will warp out of the stage and a BFG 9000 will appear as though the camera is in his perspective. A reticle will appear on screen, prompting the player to aim anywhere on the stage. By pressing B or after a set amount of time passes, the Doom Slayer will fire a shot from the BFG 9000, which deals continuous damage over time before making contact with the stage and exploding. If any opponents are caught in the blast, they will take additional damage. The blast is as powerful and as big as the Bomber item. After firing a shot, Doom Slayer will warp back to the battlefield.

Note: This may be subjective to change in the future. Especially the Glory Kill mechanic, which I feel needs more tweaking but don't know how.
You had me at the Glory Kill mechanic.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman

Jab:

Given the similarities it has with my own moveset, mine desperately requires an update what with Doom Eternal incoming and whatnot.

Given the content in the following link, what changes would be recommended to make?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/a3wewl/the_doom_slayer_rips_tears_into_battle_moveset/

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Given the similarities it has with my own moveset, mine desperately requires an update what with Doom Eternal incoming and whatnot.

Given the content in the following link, what changes would be recommended to make?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/a3wewl/the_doom_slayer_rips_tears_into_battle_moveset/
So your moveset shows Glory Kills restoring health and the Chainsaw restoring ammo. I’m sure you know this, but in Doom Eternal, there’s a weapon called the Flame Belcher that sets enemies on fire, and shooting them while they’re ablaze makes them drop armor. In my moveset, that’s where I had my idea for the one-hit super armor: to represent the function.

That’s all I could think of for recommendations for your moveset, really.

EDIT: Wait, here's another: the air-dashes. They seem to be crucial to gameplay in Doom Eternal, and can be used twice consecutively, which can be beneficial to a mobile playstyle in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What a time we live in. If you said this back in the Brawl era, people would be utterly bewildered by your statement.
Hell, Master Chief is being treated as a serious contender. Back in the Brawl days he was a meme pick, along with Cloud.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This is my version of a Super Smash Bros Ultimate moveset for Doom Guy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Doom Guy for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Debut: December 10 1993

All-star Placement: Between Richter Belmont and Ness

Appearance: Half of his costumes are based on his praetor suit and half of his costumes are based on his original appearance.

Moveset: Doom Guy is a raw power, rush down character with a moveset filled with mostly hard hitting single hit moves. No blood or gore. Doom Guy carries his Super Shotgun and Chainsaw with him. His smash original moveset represents the Doom Guy's brutal and merciless personality with a straight to the point and no nonsense feel.

Victory theme: The level complete theme from Doom 1. The music builds up and when the splash screen appears it gets the main part of the song. Much like Cloud and Joker's victory themes, Doom Guy's victory theme also persists for the rest of the results screen.

Weight class: 112

Neutral Combo: Doom Guy punches with his left hand, reaches behind for his Super Shotgun to swing in front of him for the next hit and then shoots the gun. Doom Guy reloads during the end-lag and puts his Shotgun away.

Dash Attack: Doom Guy performs a running hay-maker where he hops to an airborne position and lands on his feet to adjust his positioning.

Side Tilt: Doom Guy uses a clone of Ganondorf's side tilt but with a lot more force.

Down tilt: Doom Guy performs a crouching straight punch.

Up Tilt: Doom Guy performs a crouch to standing uppercut that is similar to Ryu and Ken.

Neutral Aerial: Doom Guy swings around a Chainsaw around himself (Sort of like Cloud or Ike), causing slash damage to anyone who touches him.

Forward Aerial: Doom Guy performs a hook punch similar to Ganondorf's forward aerial.

Back Aerial: Doom Guy delivers a tough and sturdy kick behind him similar to Wolf.

Up Aerial: Doom Guy pulls out his Rocket Launcher and shoots it upwards to deal explosive projectile damage that can be reflected and pocketed. If Doom Guy gets caught in the explosion near the ceiling, he will cause self damage and will propel himself downwards.

Down Aerial: Doom Guy pulls out his Rocket Launcher and shoots it downwards to deal explosive projectile damage that can be reflected and pocketed. If Doom Guy gets caught in the explosion near the ground, he will cause self damage but in return will not suffer propel himself upwards akin to a Rocket Jump.

Forward Smash: Doom Guy becomes berserk and performs a fierce hay-maker punch. It is very powerful but it suffers from heavy end lag much like Mii Brawler's Forward Smash.

Up Smash: Doom Guy brings out his Rocket Launcher to shoot upwards. It can be reflected and pocketed.

Down Smash: Doom Guy crouches and brings out his Chainsaw where he will swing the chainsaw in front of him and behind him.

Neutral Special: Double Barrel Blast - Doom Guy pulls out his signature Double Barrel Shotgun and shoots it twice. No additional effects or utility, just a raw damage and knock-back projectile type attack. Doom Guy must reload the Double Barrel Shotgun afterwards.

Side Special: Chainsaw Massacre - Doom Guy pulls out his Chainsaw and dashes forward with it, going a short distance with the attack. If he hits an opponent, he will catch them and attack them with multi-hit slash damage. It is less effective while used in the air but it can be used as a short recovery much like Incineroar's Side Special.

Up Special: Grappling Hook - Doom Guy use his newly acquired Grappling Hook from Doom Eternal as a tether recovery and functions identically to Joker's Up Special. It can be used as an anti-air while on the ground to grab anyone above him. If anyone is grabbed, Doom Guy will shoot them with the Double Barrel Shotgun and send them flying.

Down Special: Hologram - Doom Guy steps back and places down a hologram of himself which attracts and absorbs all projectiles within a small radius. It does not attempt to do anything and it cannot hurt opponents by being touched. It can only take a few hits before it is destroyed and there is a 5 second cool down to be able to use it again.

Final Smash - BFG-9000: Doom Guy super jumps to off-screen and his arms are seen within the foreground. The camera is now in the perspective of the Doom Guy where he picks up his BFG-9000 and now an aim reticle appears on screen that can be moved around to aim where Doom Guy will shoot the BFG. Once chosen or the timer runs out, Doom Guy will trigger the BFG-9000 where it will slowly but surely hit the part of the stage where it was aimed cause a massive explosion where anyone unfortunate enough to be within it's range will take severe damage and knockback.

Grab and pummel animations: Doom Guy uses his Grappling Hook Shotgun as a tether to grab an opponent. Doom Guy will then pummel his opponent by punching them. It can be used as a tether recovery.

Forward throw: Doom Guy punches the opponents stomach and then punches their face, making them fly forward. Similar to one of the glory kills in Doom 2016.

Back throw: Doom Guy does an over the shoulder throw with enough force which makes them bounce off the ground and he then delivers a kick backwards.

Up throw: Doom Guy tosses his opponent up into the air while hanging onto their hand and shoots them with a shotgun blast then letting go of their hand, making them fly upwards.

Down throw: Doom Guy does a sweep kick under the opponents legs, making them airborne and in the moment, Doom Guy punches them downwards. Similar to one of the glory kills in Doom 2016.

Entrance animation: Doom Guy drops in with the force of a wrecking ball and cracks the ground. The impact has him crouching with his right fist on the ground. He rises up quickly and boasts himself and his whole body turns red for a few seconds to show that he has become berserk.

Stance: Doom Guy stands upright, facing towards the camera in a 45° angle with his arms bent facing each other and with closed fists.

Idle animation 1: Doom Guy performs the knuckler taunt from Doom (2016).

Idle animation 2: Doom Guy performs the Cut throat taunt from Doom (2016).

Sneaking: Doom Guy carefully side steps

Walking: Doom Guy walks while moving his upper body forward.

Running: Doom Guy sprints somewhat like Captain Falcon but with closed fists.

Crouch/Crawl: Doom Guy crouches with his left hand palm on the floor and his right leg kneeling. He cannot crawl.

Up Taunt: Doom Guy pulls out his Chainsaw and does the infamous overhead Chainsaw massacre taunt!

Side taunt: Doom Guy fiercely stomps on the ground twice and boasts out a battle cry.

Down Taunt: Doom Guy performs the ground pound taunt from Doom (2016).

Victory animation 1: Doom Guy casually throws a hologram behind him as he walks off. The hologram shows a sprite version of Doom Guy from Doom 1 for the splash screen.

Victory animation 2: Doom Guy is seen punching something off-screen repeatedly to the ground similar to one of Ridley's victory animations. When the splash screen appears, Doom Guy looks towards the screen.

Victory animation 3: Doom Guy pulls out his toy version of himself, adjusts it's arm and fist bumps it when the splash screen appears.

Losing animation: Like other fighters such as Fox, Wolf and Snake, Doom Guy faces away from the camera and claps

Kirby Hat: Kirby dons the iconic Doom helmet and pulls out a mini double barrel shotgun

KillerCage

Smash Master
Had this been shared?

The 4 characters Forbes Magazine said were "datamined" were the same characters that were in the 5chan leak that got busted earlier this year.
Aside from that clearly wrong information, everything that was in this video has already been discussed.

{edit} Sorry if I sounded dismissive. I just feel there is no value in this video.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
https://nintendoeverything.com/banjo-kazooie-hero-smash-bros-masahiro-sakurai/

This was another fighter that I received a lot of requests for – mostly from overseas. That being said, King K. Rool and Ridley were pretty fervently requested too. And as I continue to grant these requests, I can only see a future where there’s even more of them.
I don't think this is particularly a hint towards any character, but Sakurai doesn't really care if a character is only requested and popular in the west.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
So I've thought about what if the Mii fighters had a classic mode run based on their three classes, then I just thought that a Gunner based run could really fit Doomguy since he did popularize the FPS genre.

Guns for Glory
Only gun based items spawn: Daybreak, Drill Arm, Super Scope, Ray Gun, Steel Diver, Banana Gun, Rage Blaster, Staff.
Opponents will favor their projectile/gun based attack's.
  1. :ultinkling:,:ultduckhunt:,:ultmegaman:
  2. :ultzss:,:ultsamus:,:ultdarksamus:
  3. :ultkrool:,:ultdiddy:,:ultbanjokazooie:
  4. :ultfox:,:ultfalco:,:ultwolf:
  5. :ultjoker:,:ultbayonetta:,:ultsnake:
  6. :ultgunner: (horde x6)
  7. Boss: Galleom

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
So, any new Doom related things happen recently?
Nothing big, but one of the devs of Doom Eternal confirmed that we're getting a lot more Doomguy backstory in Doom Eternal. Some questions that they're apparently going to answer include: why he's called Doom Slayer, if he's human, and if he's the same Doomguy from 1993. That last question in particular has me very interested!

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
I call him Doom Slayer because of this:
https://gear.bethesda.net/products/doom-slayer-figure
Also because I give the Google Leak an 85% chance of being real, and that called him "Doom Slayer" as well.
I believe they mean they're going to answer why he's called that in canon. As it didn't really have to much of an explanation. Even in the lore snippets you could read in Doom 2016, they called him "Doom Marine". Then later on when you hear the backstory from the testament, it says that the demons refer to him as "Doom Slayer". So i'm guessing there's possibly a more in-depth reason for the name, at least as far as Doom lore is concerned. I like that you're confident about Google Theory, that alone makes me have a little more hope.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Ah yes, They're going to answer all of those questions, ready for his announcement in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. ;^)

KillerCage

Smash Master
My faith in Google Theory has been shaken recently due a discussion with someone called Tabbender claiming to have tested "Hero" and got no ad. He couldn't provide proof that he did this, but it came off as if he was telling the truth.

Google Theory is 100% false. Google's algorithm have always done weird things like this, it just happened to link some characters to the concept of DLC. Back then i remember trying Hero, Yuusha and Brave and none of them would pop the ad. It's purely "random" which characters do (by "random" i mean it depends on countless factors that can't be manipulated and are internal to Google's system). This is by no means any kind of evidence towards Doomguy or Ryu Hayabusa, just like it wasn't any kind of evidence towards Banjo or Artorias either. Banjo actually ending up getting in was a coincidence and completely unrelated to this theory. It's like that one "glitch theory" with Duck Hunt and the Sword Mii that "predicted" a DQ character and Banjo despite making no sense whatsoever (a character being based off another wouldn't cause glitches to occur with the original character, and even if they somehow messed up and linked a wrong file or something, datamining would have confirmed that, which obviously did not happen).

We have currently no idea of who the final 2 are. If any real leak is already public, it's currently under the radar, because all of those that i see speculations about really don't hold any water. The closest we have to giving us an idea of who the final 2 could be is Mii Costume theory, and even that is far from confirmed and relies on patterns, which have shown in the past to be unreliable.
Yes i did follow the steps. It was back when the theory was first discovered, i found a setup that made it work. PapaGenos can confirm that i PM'd him about it at the time, and was the one who discovered that putting in names of DLC for other games such as Freedom Cry was bringing up the ad, thus confirming the theory i already had at the time that the characters were merely being linked to the concept of DLC by google.
https://i.gyazo.com/34372b747812e22c342b96e1f4c6bec0.png
I tried multiple names at the time and i clearly remember trying Erdrick, Luminary, Hero, Yuusha and Brave. None of them was bringing up the ad. Once i get home maybe i'll be able to screencap my Firefox history (if i didn't clear it for the sake of the setup, which is sadly likely to have happened considering it was one of the steps), but that's the most i can do in terms of providing proof.
I still have some doubts about his claim, mainly because he just joined SmashBoards on July 1st this year. Regardless of the validity of his claim, I still believe Doom Slayer has an excellent shot in being the Fighters' Pass.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
My faith in Google Theory has been shaken recently due a discussion with someone called Tabbender claiming to have tested "Hero" and got no ad. He couldn't provide proof that he did this, but it came off as if he was telling the truth.

I still have some doubts about his claim, mainly because he just joined SmashBoards on July 1st this year. Regardless of the validity of his claim, I still believe Doom Slayer has an excellent shot in being the Fighters' Pass.
I don’t believe Google Theory, but I could’ve sworn PapaGenos said that no one had tried the name “Hero”. Maybe I’m mistaken or he forgot about being PM’d.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
When I was relatively new into Doom, I used to call him Doom Trooper. Also believing that the game Doom Troopers was some sort of 2D 16-bit version of Doom.

Then I called him by his “real” name in the novel, Flynn Taggart.

Now I mostly call him Doomguy, because I like embracing the sillier side of Doom.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I don’t believe Google Theory, but I could’ve sworn PapaGenos said that no one had tried the name “Hero”. Maybe I’m mistaken.
PapaGenos did confirm that nobody on his Discord tested "Hero" because the name was very generic. He explained in this video:
The timestamp should be 35:15.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Switch marketing is a good sign that Doom Guy maybe on his way to Smash Bros. It happened with Dragon Quest and it happened with Banjo Kazooie. Capcom also did this with Resident Evil by releasing 0, 1, 4, 5 and 6 for the Switch. They had a whole commercial for Nintendo's E3 entirely dedicated to those re-releases.

We don't even have the original Doom games on the Switch yet so if Doom Guy is nearing to be announced for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, he'll probably arrive with a Doom collection of some sort.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This is the parent headcanon that will rival even Bayo and Joker.
I can kind of imagine the interactions with this in mind, actually:

Joker: “My mom killed the goddess of creation!”

Inkling Girl: “Oh yeah? Well my dad fought off a demon army countless times! Bet you your mom can’t beat that!”

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I can kind of imagine the interactions with this in mind, actually:

Joker: “My mom killed the goddess of creation!”

Inkling Girl: “Oh yeah? Well my dad fought off a demon army countless times! Bet you your mom can’t beat that!”
Add in the whole Futaba element and this thing dynamic gets all the more confusing.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Add in the whole Futaba element and this thing dynamic gets all the more confusing.
Doom Guy was Sojiro this whole time!

Ha ha ha!

Ha!

... I'm still sad that there is no Switch or PC release for Persona 5... :^(

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
FeliciaFan made a pretty cool concept for Doomguy; check it out!

Cool ideas, but lacking any elements from Doom Eternal, which feels like a certainty for Doom Slayer in Smash. After all, Joker got his grappling hook in Smash, and that isn't going to be a major element of his character until Persona 5 Royal.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Cool ideas, but lacking any elements from Doom Eternal, which feels like a certainty for Doom Slayer in Smash. After all, Joker got his grappling hook in Smash, and that isn't going to be a major element of his character until Persona 5 Royal.
Sakurai certainly wouldn't forget the Crucible.

"Sure his weapons are diverse and he punches good but I dunno…"

Eternal Trailer happens.

"IS THAT A LASER SWORD?"

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or has Doomguy been running a lot of firearms operation and safety courses as of late?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or has Doomguy been running a lot of firearms operation and safety courses as of late?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, in Japan it's not legal to carry firearms, so Doomguy is just teaching them as a Western rep with such notable experience. The only other option would be Banjo, but the only firearm he knows how to use is Kazooie.

Top Bottom