• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about what would Doomguy's victory animations would be and I thought of a cool idea for one of them.

What if one of them was a recreation of the original Doom boxart, but Doomguy is standing on top of a defeated Galeem and fighting off Dharkon. I think it would be pretty hardcore if they do that.

Of course, his victory theme would be Intermission from Doom and it would loop like Cloud's and Joker's.
It could be this. It's also possible they can use the 2016 version for stage completion (31 seconds in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ4fJBFM4FY

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Man, November is taking awhile to get here. I need to know who's #5, after all those insane leaks these last few weeks i'm going crazy! Still holding out hope for our boy.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Japanese detractor: Green Samus can freeze now!

That's actually nice though that Doomslayer kinda took a page from Samus' book there, and I definitely wouldn't complain if that ice bomb were part of his Smash moveset, since we know Samus will never get her ice beam or ice missiles when she has to stick with her Smash 64 kit.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I find that Samus doesn't use any of her beams exceedingly dumb.
Same with the speed booster and really, anything from most of her appearances.
I just think that we need a better representation of Samus from Metroid, who has tons of different beams that you can swap out depending on the situation. That sounds awesome. Alas, twas not to be.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I find that Samus doesn't use any of her beams exceedingly dumb.
Same with the speed booster and really, anything from most of her appearances.
I just think that we need a better representation of Samus from Metroid, who has tons of different beams that you can swap out depending on the situation. That sounds awesome. Alas, twas not to be.
The core Smash fanbase cries foul if their precious movesets (at least for people that aren't clones) get any drastic changes, for competition's sake.

Heck, it's a wonder :ultmario: somehow managed to get anything new by Brawl.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The core Smash fanbase cries foul if their precious movesets (at least for people that aren't clones) get any drastic changes, for competition's sake.

Heck, it's a wonder :ultmario: somehow managed to get anything new by Brawl.
Ganondorf is the most divisive character or whether or not he should be seen as needing to have more changes, before or after Ultimate. Change my mind.

I like him in Smash more now than I ever did before tbh, despite being a secondary next to Ridley now instead of a main, but having the most sourspot moves out of all of the heavies doesn't help, though I guess there's only so much you can do to improve him without making him broken with how he can kill stupid early otherwise.

I guess to make it more on topic, how early should Doomguy be able to kill compared to Ganondorf or someone? I can see him being a heavy but not like a super heavy.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ganondorf is the most divisive character or whether or not he should be seen as needing to have more changes, before or after Ultimate. Change my mind.

I like him in Smash more now than I ever did before tbh, despite being a secondary next to Ridley now instead of a main, but having the most sourspot moves out of all of the heavies doesn't help, though I guess there's only so much you can do to improve him without making him broken with how he can kill stupid early otherwise.

I guess to make it more on topic, how early should Doomguy be able to kill compared to Ganondorf or someone? I can see him being a heavy but not like a super heavy.
I’d say super early as to go with the “keep moving or die” sort of gameplay that Doom usually has. Like somewhere along the lines of Jigglypuff or Pichu.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
I’d say super early as to go with the “keep moving or die” sort of gameplay that Doom usually has. Like somewhere along the lines of Jigglypuff or Pichu.
I think of him being a late killer (think 150-200%) but its compensated by him having a massive damage output.
It'd tie in well when incorporated with Glory Kills, where grabbing enemies after softening them to around the above range incurs an on-the-spot KO with a unique animation.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don’t often post in character support threads but I just popped in here to say I still want to see Doomslayer in Smash. As much as I want to see Dragonborn or Vault-Boy, Doomslayer makes more sense. Everything from his moveset, possible retro Alt, spirits, crazy ass stage, jaw dropping trailer, and obviously the music.

I probably would of scoffed at the idea a year or so ago but I’m really amped to hopefully see him included.

I had a Youtube project of including music I want to see in Smash and I made a leak version back during Erdrick/Steve/Ryu/Doomslayer was a thing. Feel free to scroll down to the Doomslayer section and let me know if you approve of the tracks I selected.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgu3SkCTCd6VNfbIJSX_nh0mP2vOphWrs

Last edited:

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice

That's actually nice though that Doomslayer kinda took a page from Samus' book there, and I definitely wouldn't complain if that ice bomb were part of his Smash moveset, since we know Samus will never get her ice beam or ice missiles when she has to stick with her Smash 64 kit.
Eh... To my knowledge, Samus uses an Ice Beam.
Unless there's an instance where her bombs can be upgraded to freeze too?
No comparison if that's the case.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yes, I said that, and I was likening the ice bombs more to the ice missiles, since I assume the former will also come in limited supply, to not make the game too easy.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I said that, and I was likening the ice bombs more to the ice missiles, since I assume the former will also come in limited supply, to not make the game too easy.
Given how the grenades in 2016 worked via recharge as opposed to supply, the Cryo bombs will probably either have a longer cooldown period or share their cooldown with other equipment cannon functions like the frag grenades and flamethrower. My money's on it being the latter, given how it would likely encourage players to choose wisely with what they use in any given encounter.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Given how the grenades in 2016 worked via recharge as opposed to supply, the Cryo bombs will probably either have a longer cooldown period or share their cooldown with other equipment cannon functions like the frag grenades and flamethrower. My money's on it being the latter, given how it would likely encourage players to choose wisely with what they use in any given encounter.
Oh yeah, that's true. Speaking of grenades in Doom 2016, the siphon grenade was by far my favorite to use for the multiplayer in most cases, and I think probably single player too; the red one that leeches some health and armor off the enemy target. I don't want to picture how the cryo bombs would be in multiplayer though, with how annoying the freeze tag was in Doom '16. lol

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice

Eternal's getting cooler and cooler... Be nice to have that in the battle I'm stuck in rn

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Broke: DOOM Eternal was delayed due to ensure "the best experience" possible.
Woke: DOOM Eternal was delayed due to ensure "the best experience" possible... and because Sakurai asked for part of the DOOM team to input some work on DOOM Slayer's character, stage, music, and spirits for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. :2gud:

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
So, someone figured out how to look for Japanese opinions on Doom for Smash.

I missed the tweet where it is said, but the guy said to input: 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ DOOM

If you want to do your own research, you can do so. I found Japanese people speculating Doom is either next, or a good pick. That's awesome!

Edit: Actually found it super easy, lol.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Broke: DOOM Eternal was delayed due to ensure "the best experience" possible.
Woke: DOOM Eternal was delayed due to ensure "the best experience" possible... and because Sakurai asked for part of the DOOM team to input some work on DOOM Slayer's character, stage, music, and spirits for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. :2gud:
Oh my goodness! Don't you hype me up like this because it actually sounds like a possible outcome.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So, someone figured out how to look for Japanese opinions on Doom for Smash.

I missed the tweet where it is said, but the guy said to input: 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ DOOM

If you want to do your own research, you can do so. I found Japanese people speculating Doom is either next, or a good pick. That's awesome!

Edit: Actually found it super easy, lol.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
When I searched, I only got his Tweet and nothing else.

EDIT: Nevermind, what you put in worked, but what he did didn't.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
It just dawned upon me that... Kirby copying DOOM Slayer's look (most likely the helmet) would be badass and meme worthy (like gun apprentice Isabelle and gun instructor DOOM Slayer kinda memes). :2gud: Also, I'm still feeling strongly that DOOM Slayer might be DLC Fighter #5. *metal intensifies*

tactical_meme

Smash Rookie
Been lurking on this thread for a little while, finally got around to making an account just to support this and maybe join in on the discussion. Can I be added to the list of supporters?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
This is my first time coming to this thread
2 weeks ago was my first time playing a Doom game
which one?
The first one
BUT
its actually a full port to VRChat and its free and multiplayer online and i played it with my VR with my japanese VR friends
ITS GOOD
So I now support Doomguy!

Last edited:

zodipunc

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4022-5974-3034
I created an account just to subscribe to this thread, lol. The original Doom is one of my all-time favorite games and there hasn't been a character I've been more excited for to be in this game than Doomguy. He has my full support.

Top Bottom