• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I guess, as long as there’s no double standard between East and West fans far as how they’re seen/treated.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the bad opinions are pretty funny, myself. If it affected the decision making process that'd be one thing, but I get a kick out of seeing salty people come up with terms like "Hat Ken", ngl. In part because it's not only made by salty folks, but it makes the fans of that character salty too.
TeRrY iS nOt HaT kEn!!

It's just a double edged troll. Great for people like me who just revel in the madness. :laugh:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
When an "unpopular" character gets in and the dumpster fire that comes with it is always a joy. Like the ****storm that followed when Sans got announced? Fingertips kiss Di molto.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I want to say that I fully support Doomguy, and would love to see him along with Duke Nukem kicking ass in Smash, one day.

There are quite alot of arguments some people tend to shout against him, but thankfully, I think they're pretty much dead at this point.

Not sure about you, but I hope they base his design around his original outfit from Doom I and II.
I found this picture showing some neat alt ideas for him, on Twitter:

Also, if anyone here is interested, I made a Duke Nukem support thread. Please don't take this last part as Spam, tho.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey guys, I want to say that I fully support Doomguy, and would love to see him along with Duke Nukem kicking *** in Smash, one day.

There are quite alot of arguments some people tend to shout against him, but thankfully, I think they're pretty much dead at this point.

Not sure about you, but I hope they base his design around his original outfit from Doom I and II.
I found this picture showing some neat alt ideas for him, on Twitter:

Also, if anyone here is interested, I made a Duke Nukem support thread. Please don't take this last part as Spam, tho.
Just a heads up that the image is a series of skins that you can unlock in Doom Eternal for purchasing the recent Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3 rereleases and linking them to your Bethesda account.

Other than that, glad for your support!

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up that the image is a series of skins that you can unlock in Doom Eternal for purchasing the recent Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3 rereleases and linking them to your Bethesda account.

Other than that, glad for your support!
Oh whoops, i'm embarassed :pimp:
Thanks for clearing that up.

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
forgot to include aerials:
FAIR: Chainsaw swing
DAIR: Shotgun blast down
BAIR: Pistol shot behind
UAIR: Chainsaw backswing
NAIR: Bootjet swing in 360 degrees
TAUNTS:
DTAUNT: Pistol charge then reset
UTAUNT: Punches hand twice
STAUNT: Slow buildup to intimidating shotgun click, like intro after title card.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I get that things are often more complicated than they seem, but I hate how leakers are just constantly stringing people along. Just tell people what you know or don't say anything.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I got a feeling that we're getting Fighter 5 announced right when Terry comes out, which will probably be the first week of November.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Was skeptical of it all anyway. Only if a leak like Terry before he was officially revealed suddenly gets all the backing it does from people do I consider believing it.

And that doesn’t seem to happen with the more expected characters like Hayabusa, Doomguy, etc. They just get fake leaks because of how popular they are in the scene now. Not to say they won’t/can’t happen, but still, it’s tiring.

Last edited:

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Dammit. When was this?
Like days ago, lol.

In other news, Tetris stuff was spirited unexpectedly... That means we can't even be safe in waiting time.

Doom might end up spirited as well just as suddenly.

So we have to survive:
1- Unexpected spirit'ing.
2- Mii Fighters
3- Assist Trophy (Rarely now).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Already posted. I think that's where the "Samus" lines and stuff came from (The list above)
So is that Japanese youtuber a Doomguy supporter or no? Not really clear on it since don’t know what he’s saying.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If going by the personality the internet typically gives Isabelle, I think she would actually be more likely to be a demon herself.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Count me 100% as a supporter. Doomslayer and Reimu are my most-wanted picks, both are the respective father/mothers of their genre, have an absolute ton of legacy and are the absolute biggest nightmares to demons on any side of the globe. Would be the coolest **** ever to see Doom get represented in Smash, especially since the series seems to be getting more and more representation on the Switch.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this (unless this was announced earlier but I missed it the Doom 64 Switch trailer got released yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtvHGrPyJw8
I know it was confirmed a month or so ago but seeing the trailer is nice. Apparently they pushed the release date back too to match up with Eternal's release date. This also puts all the main games on the Switch console (Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64, Doom 2016, and Eternal). Here's hoping we see the Slayer come to Smash as one of the DLC characters (maybe not FP5 but future pass) soon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just came across that Isabelle art, too. Between this and DS hanging out with Shantae, people do like the idea of juxtaposing the ideal of stoic manliness with the most endearing of things.

Was skeptical of it all anyway. Only if a leak like Terry before he was officially revealed suddenly gets all the backing it does from people do I consider believing it.

And that doesn’t seem to happen with the more expected characters like Hayabusa, Doomguy, etc. They just get fake leaks because of how popular they are in the scene now. Not to say they won’t/can’t happen, but still, it’s tiring.
Rule of thumb is, if enough noteworthy people (Sabi, Verge, etc) reach an actual consensus on a single character near an event that would reasonably reveal them, it's a real leak.

Hell, some can be plain unbelievable at first due to how good to be true those seemingly appear to be. :ultbanjokazooie:

Last edited:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Archie, I like how suddenly your streak of kirbs drops off with Ultimate, suspiciously lining up with his severe nerfs.
Lol yeah, I hear that Kirby is lowest tier right now but honestly doesn’t bother me since I don’t play in the highest echelons of Smash. I still mostly play Kirby but felt putting B&K down was important since their announcement was the whole reason I bought a Switch and SSBU.

Now if we could just get a proper FPS rep of the demon slaying kind. :)

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
Lol yeah, I hear that Kirby is lowest tier right now but honestly doesn’t bother me since I don’t play in the highest echelons of Smash. I still mostly play Kirby but felt putting B&K down was important since their announcement was the whole reason I bought a Switch and SSBU.

Now if we could just get a proper FPS rep of the demon slaying kind. :)
Yea. Hehe.
KirbyWorshipper, you have down Medusa in your signature.
1, I see you're a Kid Icarus fan too.
2, how would that work, as a fighter?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yea. Hehe.
KirbyWorshipper, you have down Medusa in your signature.
1, I see you're a Kid Icarus fan too.
2, how would that work, as a fighter?
I assume that some of her stuff would be from Uprising, and the rest would be cribbing some of whatever custom moves Palu can no longer use.

Meanwhile, most everyone else be like "only likely as echo", despite the fact that the more recent Dark Pit took priority in that regard, so it'd be bleeding weird to have the original villain of the series come in as its second echo character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was thinking about what would Doomguy's victory animations would be and I thought of a cool idea for one of them.

What if one of them was a recreation of the original Doom boxart, but Doomguy is standing on top of a defeated Galeem and fighting off Dharkon. I think it would be pretty hardcore if they do that.

Of course, his victory theme would be Intermission from Doom and it would loop like Cloud's and Joker's.

D

Deleted member

Xeno, it would be weird for Galeem and Dharkon to show up in a regular match.
This is for a victory screen though. Like, after when he wins a match? :p
It would also be a subtle nod to Eternal since he has to fight the forces of heaven and hell.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No, I think what CCK meant was that it would be odd for really big final bosses to show up in a victory screen, of all things. Furthermore, one of the bosses is a big plot twist that isn't likely to show up if you didn't get far in WoL anyway.

D

Deleted member

No, I think what CCK meant was that it would be odd for really big final bosses to show up in a victory screen, of all things. Furthermore, one of the bosses is a big plot twist that isn't likely to show up if you didn't get far in WoL anyway.
I guess you have a point there, though I want to show off a bit more of his character and how powerful he really is.
Though I don't think spoilers matter at this rate; Dharkon got spoiled during Hero's trailer.

D

Deleted member

All right. I'll admit that my idea was dumb...
Sorry if I wasted your guy's time with my idea.

Top Bottom