• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
"With no women in it. We're promoting male dominance. We won't allow new women to join the battle!"
I'm a bit offended by that statement, Lesley.

I really don't appreciate words being put into my mouth. My top three has literally nothing to do with gender, diversity, or politics and everything to do with the games I've enjoyed growing up. I've also been pretty vocal about getting Reimu in the game to be the eastern indie rep so I really really don't appreciate attempting to slap sexist agenda on my comment. I understand that you are upset but trying to paint everything black or white isn't going to chance anything and will most likely turn people against you who are wanting to help. Just my two cents.

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit offended by that statement, Lesley.

I really don't appreciate words being put into my mouth. My top three has literally nothing to do with gender, diversity, or politics and everything to do with the games I've enjoyed growing up. I've also been pretty vocal about getting Reimu in the game to be the eastern indie rep so I really really don't appreciate attempting to slap sexist agenda on my comment. I understand that you are upset but trying to paint everything black or white isn't going to chance anything and will most likely turn people against you who are wanting to help. Just my two cents.
Sigh...it's not helping.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
"With no women in it. We're promoting male dominance. We won't allow new women to join the battle!"
Can you go whine somewhere else? I get you’re disappointed but this has nothing really to do with Doomslayer getting in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just letting you know that this character broke my heart.
The only hearts the Doomslayer breaks are the demons whose chests he punches through.

And you do realize there is more DLC after the pass? And that this leak isn’t 100 percent confirmed?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only hearts the Doomslayer breaks are the demons whose chests he punches through.

And you do realize there is more DLC after the pass? And that this leak isn’t 100 percent confirmed?
I have no hope in DLC.

It looks too good to be true.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can you go whine somewhere else? I get you’re disappointed but this has nothing really to do with Doomslayer getting in.
Ah, give her a break, bud. She's really upset about the whole ordeal. Give her some time.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Both Doomguy and Geno have guns, so if they were revealed together it would be super cool!

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
So there's three possible scenarios going on here.
1. It's a mod and we were all bamboozled.
2. He's in.
3. He's not and it's just Mii Costumes getting added.
Personally I'm hoping for 2, but I'd be okay with 3, and I'd just be impressed with 1.
Also bruh, it's a ****ing video game, literally crying over baby toys.

D

Deleted member

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum.
Honestly, this leak made me more worried that Doomguy is not playable and all we get is a Mii costume. I mean... it's not the end of the world if that happens, but I hope he's playable. The next character intro video will be very interesting.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So there's three possible scenarios going on here.
1. It's a mod and we were all bamboozled.
2. He's in.
3. He's not and it's just Mii Costumes getting added.
Personally I'm hoping for 2, but I'd be okay with 3, and I'd just be impressed with 1.
Also bruh, it's a ****ing video game, literally crying over baby toys.

There are no mii costume mods for this game though

And if just Mii costumes were being added, why would they add the Mii costume of a enemy before the main character?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ehh... Nah. Its cool, but just becuase weve never had a Mii costume "leak" before doesnt mean we never will. We always had the rule of "Never believe a leak ubless theres video footage", until Rayman showed up. I know that didnt have gameplay, but then we also must remember other leaks like the Springman + Decidueye leak, or the Mario + Luciba leak from SSB4 that was a Brawl mod. Using Ken seems a little too on the nose, and maybe its just me, but the Mallow hat looks kinda ****ty. I want to be wrong, but im not buying it just because it has a character I want in it. If im wrong I will gladly admit it.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
They could add Doomguy and Cacodemon as Mii costumes simultaneously.
With that kind of scenario in mind, I also have to think, why a Cacodemon of all things? You'd think if they were doing a Doom themed Mii costume set they'd go with the bipedal enemies; Imp, Revenant, Arch-Vile. But then they go and give a meatball.

D

Deleted member

There are no mii costume mods for this game though

And if just Mii costumes were being added, why would they add the Mii costume of a enemy before the main character?
The Cacodemon is very iconic to Doom and would make an easy Mii costume hat.

I won't deny your perspective though... hmm...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
They could add Doomguy and Cacodemon as Mii costumes simultaneously.

Dude, Sakurai literally called Doom “the father of FPS”. If he had the chance to add any Doom content at all, it wouldn’t be just simple Mii costumes.

WeirdSandwich

Smash Cadet
With that kind of scenario in mind, I also have to think, why a Cacodemon of all things? You'd think if they were doing a Doom themed Mii costume set they'd go with the bipedal enemies; Imp, Revenant, Arch-Vile. But then they go and give a meatball.
The Cacodemon is probably the most iconic Doom enemy. It's from the first game which was wildly popular as shareware, and has a more memorable design than the imp. You can even buy plushies of it!

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to think so too but the possibility remains.

I simply don’t see that happening if the leak is real, because it would be a continuation of a pattern of Sakurai choosing picks of series he loves (Joker, Hero, Terry, and then potentially Doom Slayer).

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
The good thing about this leak is that this is going to get people to start drawing a lot of fanart with Geno and Doom Slayer being buddies.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
On the one hand someone is trolling us but on the other, if a Chocobo Mii hat can exist because of Cloud's inclusion in Smash 4 then maybe....

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't want to 100% get my hopes up, but jesus christ it may be finally happening.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It would be amazing to get both Geno and Doom Slayer close together. Geno is my most wanted and Doom Slayer is 3rd in the respect.

The good thing about this leak is that this is going to get people to start drawing a lot of fanart with Geno and Doom Slayer being buddies.
Considering Geno is pretty much the Mario equivalent of an angel possessing a weaponized toy, it would be super fitting.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I saw the video and screenshot. Yeah, something tells me that a leak like that cannot be faked. This is on par with the Bowser Jr. gameplay from SSB3DS that leaked a while back.

This is getting my hopes high, oh my god!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, who do you guys think would be revealed/released first, Geno or Doom Slayer? They could both make very good ends to the fighter pass, though in different ways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, who do you guys think would be revealed/released first, Geno or Doom Slayer? They could both make very good ends to the fighter pass, though in different ways.
They're good, but....I'm saying more on the latter.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They're good, but....I'm saying more on the latter.
Yeah, that would make sense. Doom Slayer is more of an icon, being the godfather of the FPS genre. Nothing wrong with Geno's overwhelming fan support, but this fighter pass is a bit more focused on characters more traditionally iconic. Geno feels like a good bonus reveal though, especially as a way to hype up the next batch of DLC. Nothing brings hype quite like a fan favorite character.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that would make sense. Doom Slayer is more of an icon, being the godfather of the FPS genre. Nothing wrong with Geno's overwhelming fan support, but this fighter pass is a bit more focused on characters more traditionally iconic. Geno feels like a good bonus reveal though, especially as a way to hype up the next batch of DLC. Nothing brings hype quite like a fan favorite character.
Traditionally iconic...

That was why women were left out this entire time...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oof, this is a tough one...

But in the end, I’d say the trailer should be “THE DOOM SLAYER Hurts ‘Em Plenty!!” and then “GENO Shoots For The Stars!!”

EDIT: By the way, I wonder why they used the Classic Cacodemon design instead of the ‘16 Cacodemon. Not that I’m complaining, just curious.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Because the pass so far has focused on fighters whose games have been on more than one platform than just Nintendo's, probably Doomguy while Geno will hopefully be part of a Season Pass focused entirely on spirits.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Traditionally iconic...

In a way, kinda. Not exclusively because they are women though. Nintendo doesn't care about that factor.

I mean, think about how far back this fighter pass has went in gaming history. If this leak is true, the only "modern" character is Joker. Lots of old icons. Female icons from back then are in rather short supply, and those that do exist are outweighed in iconic nature to many other characters, as this pass has showcased. It's not that there is some sort of prejudice towards female characters in the spotlight now, it's that what Nintendo is looking for didn't supply that many big female characters.
Oof, this is a tough one...

But in the end, I’d say the trailer should be “THE DOOM SLAYER Hurts ‘Em Plenty!!” and then “GENO Shoots For The Stars!!”

EDIT: By the way, I wonder why they used the Classic Cacodemon design instead of the ‘16 Cacodemon. Not that I’m complaining, just curious.
Man, how would you even make a traier with both Doom Slayer and Geno. Would be pretty epic though.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
THE DOOM SLAYER Hurts ‘Em Plenty!!”
I like this one a lot. Everyone always goes for a tip and tear pun, so its nice to see a variety of taglines for once.
My best guess is that its generally more recognized/popular, "cuter", and overall a simpler design and easier to turn into a mii outfit

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it could go either way. But if SMRPG mii costumes are releasing at the same time with DOOM costumes it makes me believe the 5th fighter is going to be Doomguy, with Geno tagging along as a 2nd Bonus DLC fighter or an updated Mii costume (like with sans Geno's mii hat is his actual head) with music tracks. Of course there's always the possibility of Sakurai releasing these costumes for different patch updates.

Traditionally iconic...

If we didn't get any next pass...there will be bloodshed.
You know Kazooie's in the fighters pass right? It's funny how whenever people cry "Smash needs to be more DIVERSE, there's not enough female REPRESENTATION in Smash Bros!" they say there's either not enough or Kazooie somehow doesn't count because she fights together with Banjo. Take a look of the variety of female characters in Smash so far, which are all great additions:

- Mii Fighters are there because you make a total of 100 female mii fighters if desired.
- Pikachu and Pichu have a female alt
- Apparently Japanese Ivysaur has been female since the Brawl days. That could be false info.
- Kazooie is there because Banjo & Kazooie.

Super Bash Sisters.png

Should there be more female characters in smash? Sure, I'd love to see Medusa and Jill Valentine make it to smash someday but it's not like Nintendo and Sakurai are choosing characters based on gender or some political agenda. I'm not trying to talk down or bash anyone, just presenting what we currently have in terms of female fighters. They seem like good choices to me.

Top Bottom