• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Vishera, you better have real definitive evidence for this. What you've said on Twitter, and the box mod isn't enough.
Why is it so complicated to just reveal the Cacodemon Hat and end the leak once and for all?
Instead, we just hear speculation after speculation, as well as fabricated conversation after conversation.
And on top of that, people claiming they can make Mii Hats, only to apologize because they couldn't make something more complicated than a grey cube, lmao.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It's looking like the Mii hat model swapping isn't the problem people were hyping it up to be and that was the supposed smoking gun. It's too conceivable to me that somebody with more time managed to fake it so I can't accept it as real. I hope we get the Cacodemon model either way.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
It's looking like the Mii hat model swapping isn't the problem people were hyping it up to be and that was the supposed smoking gun. It's too conceivable to me that somebody with more time managed to fake it so I can't accept it as real. I hope we get the Cacodemon model either way.
All I've seen is a simple grey block. That is nothing compared to those hats. I'm most definitely still on the "very unlikely to be a mod" side of things until I see something more damning.

Last edited:

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
This was posted on the Geno thread:
http://is2.4chan.org/v/1572849313689.webm
https://i.4cdn.org/v/1572849990805.webm
Keep in mind this could be just well made fan mods.
Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Also, we need to talk about your wishlist man.
ALL RIGHT GUYS WE'RE POSSIBLY ALMOST FACING AND REACHING THE SUN RIGHT THERE
or I guess Hell would make more sense lmao
I'M SHAKING! Also, your profile picture looks very excited about this and it makes me slightly uncomfortable. It's hilarious.
I'd like some pie.
If you have chocolate milk too, just saying...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The Geno thread is currently headcanononing that Geno and Doom Slayer are pals based off all of this stuff. Kinda crazy how this crossover stuff allows for stuff like that to happen.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Characters who you don't expect to see together interacting with one another is my favorite thing.
Yeah, and especially when said characters have things to compare and contrast with each other. Geno is the Mario equivalent of an angel while the Doom Slayer is fighting in Hell, both have heavy artilleries with different properties, both are very dedicated to their goals, etc.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Yeah, and especially when said characters have things to compare and contrast with each other. Geno is the Mario equivalent of an angel while the Doom Slayer is fighting in Hell, both have heavy artilleries with different properties, both are very dedicated to their goals, etc.
I know little to all of nothing about Geno, but it's fitting that Doomslayer's hanging out with an angel. At least until Eternal comes out, then things might get a little awkward.

NanoGeno

Smash Rookie
Greetings from the Geno board. Although I've only scarcely played the DOOM series, I respect the franchise's rich history and concrete place in gaming, and I wish you all luck in getting your rep into smash. We got this lads.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
This is a crazy timeline if it comes true. I've played Super Mario RPG and Doom on the SNES so if Geno and Doomguy could get together that would be great. :shades:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie my favorite part about speculation/leaks are the memes. I've seen some good ones about this one so far.
Did you see the memes to come about because of the Mallow hat possibly having jiggle physics like the Slime hat? Because that is probably the weirdest thing to happen with this leak.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did you see the memes to come about because of the Mallow hat possibly having jiggle physics like the Slime hat? Because that is probably the weirdest thing to happen with this leak.
I prefer the fact someone started a Twitter account called "Thumbs Up Ken" just to put Ken in ridiculous scenarios doing a Thumbs Up

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wonder if Square Enix’s contract requires mii hats to have jiggle physics if they don’t come with anything else. :mybodyisreggie:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
So...

How are you guys feeling?
Deadass shaky as all hell by the thought of the only character I truly want in Smash actually getting in and finally obtaining true happiness got me messed up.
So I'm okay, yeah. You?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Deadass shaky as all hell by the thought of the only character I truly want in Smash actually getting in and finally obtaining true happiness got me messed up.
So I'm okay, yeah. You?
I am estatic that I may be getting my 1st and 3rd most wanted. So a decent Monday, all and all.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
From the Geno thread, again:
In case anyone didn't see, the Japanese Youtube description specifically says "Will not contain any information regarding unannounced fighters."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLTt6RQpZo

This part here: ※未発表のファイターに関する情報は含まれておりません。
The description basically just says it's Sakurai showing off Terry. So don't get your hopes up for an announcement revealing Geno or anyone else. Right not anyhow.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
From the Geno thread, again:
If it's not announcing fighters, then WTF is he even showing? What sort of big-arse surprise does he have in store for day after tomorrow besides Terry that would rack it up to 45 minutes?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If it's not announcing fighters, then WTF is he even showing? What sort of big-arse surprise does he have in store for day after tomorrow besides Terry that would rack it up to 45 minutes?
"Terry's stage contains cameos from every single playable character in the King of Fighters' history! Let's go over all of them, one at a time."

tactical_meme

Smash Rookie
Ok, considering recent developments, I only have one thing to say.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

In all seriousness though, I actually don't play Smash a whole lot, usually I just play on my friend's Switch. If this is real (even if it's just a mii costume) I'm gonna go buy myself a Switch and a copy of the game. Can't wait to see how this goes.

Untouch

Smash Master
For the record, unless the leaked video was taken like a month ago and just posted now, I don't think the costumes are intended to be released with him.
I don't think we're going to see them on Wednesday at all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

And just like that, the viewership for the Wednesday stream plummeted. I'm not too surprised though, and alright with it in the sense I can still sleep as later as I normally would.

Like to think that the timing of the potential Cacodemon Mii hat still bodes well though. Come to think of it, having Mii stuff shown still isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
If the leak is real, then I have a bad feeling this actually isn't good for Doomguy. That would imply that we just get a cacodemon hat with no Doomguy, unless the off chance that the leak is real, but these mii suits arent ready to be revealed until a later update.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

And just like that, the viewership for the Wednesday stream plummeted. I'm not too surprised though, and alright with it in the sense I can still sleep as later as I normally would.

Like to think that the timing of the potential Cacodemon Mii hat still bodes well though. Come to think of it, having Mii stuff shown still isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Idk, I think we should actually hope there is nothing Mii related on Wednesday. Because Nintendo simply wouldn’t intentionally give away a major hint toward the next character like that.

Top Bottom