• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
From the Geno thread, again:
In case anyone didn't see, the Japanese Youtube description specifically says "Will not contain any information regarding unannounced fighters."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLTt6RQpZo

This part here: ※未発表のファイターに関する情報は含まれておりません。
The description basically just says it's Sakurai showing off Terry. So don't get your hopes up for an announcement revealing Geno or anyone else. Right not anyhow.
Probably speak for some when I say....

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
*Sigh*

I was really excited at the prospect of Doom Slayer in Smash, but the pessimistic side of me is saying that we’re just going to get Mii costume’d

Hopefuly Verge or Sabi says somethig soon to put an end to everything

volbound1700

Smash Master
Checking in to hear about the leak. I am a Doom Guy fan because I know he will drive hype among my friends.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, stuff is happening.

A direct of 45 minutes? That is insane. I cannot believe that they're just going to show Terry and stuff and that's it.

There's has to be more. It's a lot of time for just ONE character. Banjo's presentation was way shorter and it was just one character and a couple of other stuff added to the game.

We'll see what happens in a couple of days, anyway.

:bowser:.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Man, stuff is happening.

A direct of 45 minutes? That is insane. I cannot believe that they're just going to show Terry and stuff and that's it.

There's has to be more. It's a lot of time for just ONE character. Banjo's presentation was way shorter and it was just one character and a couple of other stuff added to the game.

We'll see what happens in a couple of days, anyway.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why it would be 45 minutes. No reveals aside, literally what could that extra 20 minutes be for?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Doom Slayer is probably a VGA reveal. Makes too much sense to have him there, especially as he caters towards Americans.

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Well, boys. We are at the TRUE endgame now.

Two positive outcomes for us...

1- That 45 minute Terry gameplay is just absolutely non-sensical. There might be some character reveal (Not really sure, but I'm hoping too much in this), and that would be the Doom Slayer + The Mii Costumes revealed for that Terry Gameplay, just like the rest of Mii Costumes revealed with each character presentation.

2- If nothing else happens, VGA is our last stand. Since it cathers to Americans there, the Doom Slayer reveal would be sweet!

If nothing else happens, and the Mii Costumes are just revealed in either these two events... Well... We are done for, gotta accept our defeat and move on onto the next Smash game, because Doom Slayer will probably have very low chances on 2020.

Whatever happens, again... It was a pleasure to support the Doomguy after all this time.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why it would be 45 minutes. No reveals aside, literally what could that extra 20 minutes be for?
Already shared this in Geno's thread but there's a possibility that in the "Livestream" it might be a very "Nintendo Treehouse" kind of event.

So, Sakurai might play some matches with other people, maybe.

Who knows, we'll know very soon what else might be in the event besides Terry's obvious showcase.

Doom Slayer is probably a VGA reveal. Makes too much sense to have him there, especially as he caters towards Americans.
Possibly. But like everyone else, I would rather just Doomguy/Doom Slayer be revealed as soon as possible. If only so we're not left in uncertainty for long.

(Unless VGA is soonish coming then in that case, nevermind. Seems like a good place)

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Already shared this in Geno's thread but there's a possibility that in the "Livestream" it might be a very "Nintendo Treehouse" kind of event.

So, Sakurai might play some matches with other people, maybe.

Who knows, we'll know very soon what else might be in the event besides Terry's obvious showcase.

Possibly. But like everyone else, I would rather just Doomguy/Doom Slayer be revealed as soon as possible. If only so we're not left in uncertainty for long.

(Unless VGA is soonish coming then in that case, nevermind. Seems like a good place)

VGA is on December 12th.

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
Let him be. Hopefully when this is all over and Verge or Nintendo breaks the silence, it'll probably bite him for the next few weeks.

That's the most accurate **** I've seen all day.

Look, I was just...it's not my thought, honestly

Don't count your chickens till they hatch.
I wasn't I'm just excited lol

Please.

First Doomguy Kirby hat concept that I recall seeing, oddly enough.
GOOOOOOOOD BOOOOIIIIII

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hmm...

I wonder...with that leak saying November 6th, which is the same day Terry is showcased, I’m still a little skeptical. But with all the other info, that got me thinking:

What if Sakurai pulled a Cloud in the Terry Showcase? For context: after the Cloud trailer, there was an announcement for the Smash Bros for Wii U Final Video Presentation, which would announce Corrin and Bayonetta, as well as show an in-depth look at Cloud. With this in mind, imagine if it’s the end of the showcase, and Sakurai reveals a teaser trailer involving Joker, the Heroes, Banjo & Kazooie and Terry that teases the final fighter and announces a date for when that final fighter will be revealed.

It’s not revealing a new fighter, but rather teasing the fighter to get the hype going. And if it’s Doom Slayer, there’ll be big celebration.

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
doom time gentleboys and girls

Doomslayer has my full support by the way, don't know if you noticed

I'm kinda just ****posting whenever there's a space for my nonsense

EDIT: looks like the website (or the moderator) took care of my idiot accidental rule-breaking. Thx, mysterious benefactor!

Last edited:

doomguywhen1993

Smash Apprentice
So, does the limitations for Mii related modding still hold true?
I even went to 4chan just to see related threads and i thought that guy on Twitter who made that video made something with the Praetor suit and then there was a similar Caco hat on a Mii, but it was just a screenshot.
There maybe be some more specific reasons for it, though.

Meanwhile...
https://twitter.com/kinsie/status/1191524678587731969

People keep thinking about the fanart content of Doomguy in Smash, but i'm more curious on the possible mods.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
So, does the limitations for Mii related modding still hold true?
I even went to 4chan just to see related threads and i thought that guy on Twitter who made that video made something with the Praetor suit and then there was a similar Caco hat on a Mii, but it was just a screenshot.
There maybe be some more specific reasons for it, though.

Meanwhile...
https://twitter.com/kinsie/status/1191524678587731969

People keep thinking about the fanart content of Doomguy in Smash, but i'm more curious on the possible mods.
I haven't yet seen anything to the contrary. The Preator suit was a helmet mod, which we know how to do pretty easily. The Cacodemon hat is a hat, which has its own set of problems. Reliable names like PushDustin have claimed that it's not hard to mod in hats, but nobody has posted examples as far as I can tell.

The Caco hat was bogus, there were a myriad of differences and the guy posted a slightly revised version after getting caught out that was still not on the mark.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wurmple is seen as a meme character expectation in Japan, like Goku and Shrek.

That said…

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1191857530713960448

Other leakers apparently haven't heard anything, so this situation is confusing. The most confusing part is, if you're going to make mods and pass them off as leaks, why on Earth would it be for characters that don't get much fan demand?

Two positive outcomes for us...

1- That 45 minute Terry gameplay is just absolutely non-sensical. There might be some character reveal (Not really sure, but I'm hoping too much in this), and that would be the Doom Slayer + The Mii Costumes revealed for that Terry Gameplay, just like the rest of Mii Costumes revealed with each character presentation.

2- If nothing else happens, VGA is our last stand. Since it cathers to Americans there, the Doom Slayer reveal would be sweet!

If nothing else happens, and the Mii Costumes are just revealed in either these two events... Well... We are done for, gotta accept our defeat and move on onto the next Smash game, because Doom Slayer will probably have very low chances on 2020.

Whatever happens, again... It was a pleasure to support the Doomguy after all this time.
You forget, the Bethesda vice-prez did say "Oh yeah.". Negotiations can take longer than people realise.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hello Doom Marine thread! It's your friendly neighborhood SpiritOfRuin! I've never played DOOM, but I'm hopping on over from the Geno thread to throw you all my support. I really hope you get your guy. He definitely has the legacy and unique properties to make for an excellent addition to the Smash roster. Best of luck to you all. I'm rooting for you!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I immediately remembered this.

Anyway. My bets are all in the reveal at the VGA. But I wouldn’t rule us out in 2020, as Doom Eternal was delayed. I realize the character could have been planned before the delay. But we never know? What if Nintendo pulls a Joker again for another character who they’d considered will bring in more sales? Maybe a character that also matches a game coming out on q1 2020?

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Doomguy has something that none of the other DLC pack has yet, he has actually had Hollywood make not one but two movies for his video game series.

I mean come on, Dwayne "the ROCK" Johnson was in the original Doom movie.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
lights dim suddenly at the VGAs.

room is filled with hellish red light

screen cuts to black before a door in an abandoned UAC facility opens.

Doomguy walks in a room and finds a Doomslayer figure holding an envelope.

Nintendo releases a death metal album filled with covers of Doom songs. Oh and he’s in smash too. I guess.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Nintendo releases a death metal album filled with covers of Doom songs. Oh and he’s in smash too. I guess.
Then Bill Gates walks on screen with a shotgun and talks about how Smash Bros is the number one reason to own Windows 95.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Doomguy has something that none of the other DLC pack has yet, he has actually had Hollywood make not one but two movies for his video game series.

I mean come on, Dwayne "the ROCK" Johnson was in the original Doom movie.
I completely forgot that Dwayne Johnson was in that movie. I'm assuming that was an earlier movie he did.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
EDIT: Wrong thread. Please delete.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Awesome. Yeah, music will definitely play a huge part in the reveal trailer. I mean if E1M1 doesn’t accelerates everyone’s heart beat at the VGA, I don’t know what will.

Then Bill Gates walks on screen with a shotgun and talks about how Smash Bros is the number one reason to own Windows 95.
LMAO

-

Yeah there are so many ways to make a hype reveal about Doom in Smash. A tie in with Kid Icarus content is one of my personal favorites but I admit just having the trailer pretend it’s Doom Eternal or a new Doom game for a while, is the best way to overdose hype.

Now another one I would reallly like is a gameplay trailer in Doom1-2 graphics, where he finds a secret area, and the room is all dark. A single illuminated teleporter is at the end of the dark room. If you have a good eye, you’ll notice there’s a smash symbol on the red panel of the teleporter on the floor.

Doomguy enters, and he appears in Final Destination. There’s a red item lying on the floor. He picks it up. Doomguy automatically equips it. It’s the envelope (you can see his hand holding it, still in FPS mode) then he hears teleport sounds behind him.

Doomguy turns around, and there’s Mario. Doomguy uses the envelope, and a flash of light swallows everything, as the gameplay trailer fades in.

But mostly, him intimidating Darkhon and Galeem would make my day.

Top Bottom