• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At long last, Presenting GSH2, a Brawl+ Nightly Test Set and Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Thinking isn't one of your strong suits, is it my boy? -.o'

Yes that is the point. Quit being a baby and just remove the code yourself like a smart individual would. OR if you're that lazy and hate it that much, just don't play Brawl+. :3

You're not going to get anywhere with a mentality like "I want things to be this way instead of that way because it's better for me, but I don't want to make any effort to better things for myself on my own because it should already be done for me."

Grow up.

Edit: Ah, Veril beat me to it. XD; *ninja'd* Nice work buddy. :3

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
...Thinking isn't one of your strong suits, is it my boy? -.o'

Yes that is the point. Quit being a baby and just remove the code yourself like a smart individual would. OR if you're that lazy and hate it that much, just don't play Brawl+. :3

You're not going to get anywhere with a mentality like "I want things to be this way instead of that way because it's better for me, but I don't want to make any effort to better things for myself on my own because it should already be done for me."

Grow up.

Edit: Ah, Veril beat me to it. XD; *ninja'd* Nice work buddy. :3
you, sir, are a *******

this is not out of personal desire, but because I feel it is wrong to remove such a feature from a game
I understand Veril's point, he makes a valid one
YOU however, do not seem to understand the message I am trying to convey
So shut your god**** mouth

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Veril just said the same thing I did, only shorter and sweeter. So it's the same point either way. :3

And about me being an a-hole? Well, we aim to please, my boy. ¦3

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
How about all of you stop flaming each other before I have to give out infractions?

The reason Disable Custom Stages was added in was explained, and since Brawl+ is easily editable, you can disable the code there.

Enough of this; let's get back on topic.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Granted no one was flaming, understood. Full stop initiated. :3

Getting back to it, is the current topic still about friction? Or are we past that? o.o

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It's actually easier to host two gct files, like with RC1. One has the no custom stages code and the other doesn't. Use the auto updater to download which one you need.

Push "1" for homebrew, and "2" for without.

Edit: The updatifier would obviously give you the with homebrew gct.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's actually easier to host two gct files, like with RC1. One has the no custom stages code and the other doesn't. Use the auto updater to download which one you need.

Push "1" for homebrew, and "2" for without.

Edit: The updatifier would obviously give you the with homebrew gct.
True. Plus you can always use Brawl+ Tweaker is you need to make snapshot to load instead too. :3

There's GCTEdit also, but that never got finished, did it? -.o

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Reason why we put in snapshots back into the updater and left the Disable Custom Stages in the code was that -- nobody cared that it was in GSH1 and there was in fact more demand for the snapshot method to be put back in that we obliged to do so. It's just recently that a new beta was released and you guys are complaining about the custom stages even though it was in GSH1 :ohwell:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
People did complain about it, Bio. I would have been one of them if I didn't know how to make a gct, which, brawlplus.net doesn't explain. Not everyone who gets brawl+ knows how to do this.

And Wave, you're right. Brawl+ Tweaker is pretty useful.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Reason why we put in snapshots back into the updater and left the Disable Custom Stages in the code was that -- nobody cared that it was in GSH1 and there was in fact more demand for the snapshot method to be put back in that we obliged to do so. It's just recently that a new beta was released and you guys are complaining about the custom stages even though it was in GSH1 :ohwell:
I always download the text files to use, but I hated GSH1 from the first week I used it, so I got rid of it. ¦D

I never did notice Disable Custom Stages in the text file though, and never used the code either, so I had nothing to complain about other than the crappy set itself. XD

But what Alpha says is right Bio Hedgie :3

Veril

Frame Savant
Use the cheat manager to turn off the code. I like having the option of switching frame-advance on and off, so I use it a lot. Its great.

The harsh tone of the responses to Laharl was completely unnecessary btw.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Umm so Im kinda new to the whole wii hacking thing and this is my first time B+ so I have a question.

Do I have to put every single one of these (http://www.brawlplus.net/downloads/nightly/GSH2.txt) codesets in my SD to run B+? Thats seems like a ton of work and Im just seeing before I do all of it ;-;
Run the auto updater for GSH2 to solve all of your issues.

Perfect timing for this post as it proves my point.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Best way to download B+ is to use one of the two updaters (Windows or Homebrew, take your pick). It's not just the GCT you'll need, and the updater makes it really easy to install.

And what, that didn't relate to the custom stages discussion o_O?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
So I just convert the .rar and put it on my sd card in the folder it gives me?

Oh wait do I put it in apps on my SD since the folder you get after converting the .rar is called "apps"? I did the Homebrew version.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The harsh tone of the responses to Laharl was completely unnecessary btw.
Harsh? True. Unnecessary? Definitely true. Fun? Also true. XD *BRICKED*

But you're right, sorry. :3

Edit: And yeah, that should do the trick spazz. o.o

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Oh thats not the same thing you put in your first post @_@ I thought I was using the Homebrew version not the windows

Sorry Im super slow with this kinda stuff ;-;

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
No problem, there's two and you could use either one, you don't have to use both =P

I'd mention downloading from the Homebrew Browser, but that only downloads RC1.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Bio, it related more to what I said about not everyone knowing how to set up a gct, but wants to play brawl+.

I recall looking up B+ on youtube for the first time. My initial thoughts were this looks awesome, wtf is a gct, and I don't wanna brick my wii.

And the updatifier goes in its own folder in the apps folder.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
So I put the Updatifier folder in the apps folder on my SD and I dont think its working. Its the same gameplay. Ill try the windows one do I do the same thing with it?

nvm i think i got this now :p

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yeah, you insert your SD card into your computer, run the program, tell it "1 - for Gecko OS" (hit 1), it should ask you a few questions (what SD card letter you have etc), and download for you.

edit: Wow guys...DROP IT.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you insert your SD card into your computer, run the program, tell it "1 - for Gecko OS" (hit 1), it should ask you a few questions (what SD card letter you have etc), and download for you.

edit: Wow guys...DROP IT.
I will, as I do not wish to cause you trouble
I shall do as you wish

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
So I put the Updatifier folder in the apps folder on my SD and I dont think its working. Its the same gameplay. Ill try the windows one do I do the same thing with it?
If you use the Homebrew method, run the Homebrew channel (after putting the updatifier in the apps folder) and you should see the updatifier, then run it. THEN, run Gecko OS (which you should also have in your apps folder) and it will be Brawl+

Or with Windows... just download, pick the SD card and the proper slot, then follow directions. Then, run Gecko through Homebrew or use the stage builder method.

And a question about the Windows updatifier... Norton keeps blocking it and I've been trying to unblock it and all that, but I can't seem to get it... I went to the history and found where it clocked, but I can't unblock or run it from there. So... what do i do?

EDIT: this thread moves so fast... sorry for repeating what bionic already said.

Was anything done to Ness' Ugrav?

He seems to come off the ground ever so slightly slower and rise a little bit less. However, it seems like he can DJC aerials practically on the ground now, so I'm far from complaining. >_>

Been away from B+ for a while though, so it could just be my imagination.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I honestly have no idea, I don't have Norton, I guess the best advice would be exiting out of Norton temporarily, then running the updater, and running Norton again when it's done...

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I can't deactivate Norton, as they are communist and always watching me... But seriously, I don't think I can.
It's not that big of a deal though, as I can easily install everything manually in just as much time. I just have to know when updates are made.

As far as this build goes, I don't think Ganon's D-throw change was too necessary. He already has his choke which makes for a good tech-chase. Why was it changed? Ganon was FAR from broken, so that can't be it. It just seems a little... redundant.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Thank you guys for your help. To be clear one more, I ran the Windows version in my wii and answered all the questions and it said it is ready for brawl plus. Do I have to put the "nightly" application in my apps folder on my SD?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
A few of us have been trying out a few highly experimental things in a just for fun build, including a near-universal 0.02 friction increase.

The result was a very significant and satisfying increase of character control without sacrificing any character specific techniques. We're not talking about glue-shoes or killing character diversity, just a small boost with positive effects so far.

This is not saying that it will or will not be worked into Brawl+, I'm merely trying to encourage everyone to keep an open mind.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
ZacTASTIC, try right click » Run as Administrator, if you haven't already.

zeldspazz, just keep the nightly.exe on your computer's hard drive, for later use.

shanus

Smash Hero
A few of us have been trying out a few highly experimental things in a just for fun build, including a near-universal 0.02 friction increase.

The result was a very significant and satisfying increase of character control without sacrificing any character specific techniques. We're not talking about glue-shoes or killing character diversity, just a small boost with positive effects so far.

This is not saying that it will or will not be worked into Brawl+, I'm merely trying to encourage everyone to keep an open mind.
HypeM ;)

10techskills

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else unable to make a wiimote control set that does Up Smash, Down Smash etc. since downloading the new build? I can put Smash general, but it just does a side smash :( It's rather annoying.:dizzy:

I wasn't sure if this was related to the newest build or not, but I figured I'd ask cause it just started happening after I downloaded it.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice

I WANT THIS!!!! Would these changes be found in the gct? Even if it's not in the next build, would there be any way to get it? Like, just to add into GSH2?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You can play around with any character's friction in PSA rather easily. I believe the attribute is "Stopping Velocity."

The fun set is not ready for distribution yet, nor are we going to put a date on it. Hype, though, to be sure.

zaf

Smash Lord
Does anyone have an answer to the zair question i had a page back? I dont want to have to re-post but i would like an answer on it

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It simply knocks them back slightly on airborne opponents as zair doesn't have enough KB to tumble, at least not at this level of hitstun (it tumbled more consistently in RC1 due to the hitstun constant being higher).

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Anyone else unable to make a wiimote control set that does Up Smash, Down Smash etc. since downloading the new build? I can put Smash general, but it just does a side smash :( It's rather annoying.:dizzy:

I wasn't sure if this was related to the newest build or not, but I figured I'd ask cause it just started happening after I downloaded it.
Wiichuck works fine for me. You use the sideways wiimote?

D

Deleted member

Excellent. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Brawl+ to control a little wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom