• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL]AUSOM 4 Ever

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'll be joining Melee as well. I've actually got a tv that I can get around so will be able to bring a full set up.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
That doesn't make it any easier to just assume that the bracket will be better this time.
Yes, the bracket will be better this time.

HASL's bracket really wasn't seeded that poorly. We had pools, so skill levels were seeded mostly correctly. A few people from the same region just needed to be separated more. I didn't seed the brackets myself last time, but at future tournaments, Luis and I will do it. That probably means we will cut off entry into the tournament at least 30 minutes before singles starts.

Part of the problem last time was that we were rushed to put the brackets together, and the people doing it had no practice. We are working on increasing our efficiency. DRK is actually writing a program for us to do just that.

So, I'm sorry Player-1 if the bracket seeding ruined HASL for you. We know a lot of people complained about the temperature and the bracket seeding. Those two things shouldn't be a problem next time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think what happened last time and I could be wrong, I'm just making an assumption off of something I heard, but one pool had a 3 way tie for first seed and instead of doing a tie breaker for it you just gave them all first seeds...I could be wrong though, I was just assuming that because someone said there was a 3 way tie for first seed and there was no tie breaker so I was just assuming that could be the reason why the bracket was so messed up, and even if there were pools that doesn't mean skill level was seeded right. No disrespect to Will_, but me, billy, and kismet are all better than him by a good margin and yet we were still seeded on the other side right next to each other.

And tio can seed by location and skill btw. With Luis helping seed the bracket I feel a lot better about it, but if you need any when you seed the bracket then let me know and I can help also.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think what happened last time and I could be wrong, I'm just making an assumption off of something I heard, but one pool had a 3 way tie for first seed and instead of doing a tie breaker for it you just gave them all first seeds...I could be wrong though, I was just assuming that because someone said there was a 3 way tie for first seed and there was no tie breaker so I was just assuming that could be the reason why the bracket was so messed up, and even if there were pools that doesn't mean skill level was seeded right. No disrespect to Will_, but me, billy, and kismet are all better than him by a good margin and yet we were still seeded on the other side right next to each other.

And tio can seed by location and skill btw. With Luis helping seed the bracket I feel a lot better about it, but if you need any when you seed the bracket then let me know and I can help also.
To be honest, we didn't have time because too many people just messed around in pools and ended up having to go to 3 matches (cough Bowser cough). But my pool had Will_, Kola, and I tie for first seed, and none of the matches were really close. Kola roflstomped me, I did the same to Will's DK, and Will to Kola. If Will had gone MK the whole time, it wouldn't have happened.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tbh, I wouldn't be overly worried about regions being close in a bracket. It is MUUUUCH more important that pools actually mean something to the seeding. It's also infinitely more important to me that you aren't playing the same guy you played in pools even if that means you play your doubles partner in the first round. Having used TIO multiple times before, I can tell you that setting it to seed by location and skill will result in skill (which the ELO system that ASL is creating combined with pools guarantees there will be a value for) will trump location every time and that's perfectly okay. In four out of the last six tournaments, I've been put out by Rag who is the only other person putting Mobile as their location. TIO will seed the bracket correctly. I would much rather hear someone complain about seeing their friend in game two than complain about BigLou playing Kismet in game 2.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It's all good guys.
I'm helping work the TIO. Cam, Ryker, and I have had a lot of conversations on how to make sure seeding will be done efficiently and effectively.
We're gonna do it
We're gonna make it happen

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
This sounds like a lot of fun! ...but I suppose the Georgia caravan is already full?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
We have one car going as of now and yes, it is full. I know that Chima expressed interest in going so if you talk to him and get him confirmed to go and fill his car, I'm sure you could get a ride up there Angelo. If you need help planning or finding people, just ask.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If it weren't, it wouldn't be able to support the deals we've got and we'd get about eight entrants. Melee doesn't have enough players who would pay for it in order to support the circuit like Brawl does.

rhan

Smash Hero
If it weren't, it wouldn't be able to support the deals we've got and we'd get about eight entrants. Melee doesn't have enough players who would pay for it in order to support the circuit like Brawl does.
In this scene at least.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The good news is we are doing everything to improve the melee scene. As long as the melee players continue to work with us the ASL should help grow melee to respectable size.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I'm taking leave from Oct 28 to Nov 4, so no doubt will I show up for this. I'll jump in on Melee since it's free. I don't really play Melee cause 1) I don't have it and 2) I don't have anyone to play it with/improve with. Plus it plays so differently and I haven't played it in forever... I guess I could try to download Project M and go for that.

Also I'm down to MM with anyone. That and I'll bring my TV and Wii+Brawl.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Don't forget that this starts at 11:00 EASTERN time. That means you need to be there by 10:00 Central time if you want to play in the Melee tournament. I believe doors open at 9:30 Eastern time (8:30 Central) but I may be mistaken. They should definitely be open by 10:00 Eastern time (9:00 Central).

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
So, to those that want to play me in a mm. I know that I said that I'd be using Diddy & Wolf, but I'm schizophrenic and change my mind A LOT. With this is mind, I'd like to apologize to Michaelis & M3T who agreed to have money matches with me. My plan now is to be playing D3, Peach, and Ness.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I have all of my fluids changed in my vehicle, and all of my tires are in good condition. My friend and I should be coming down there, we have to travel through Georgia, so does anybody need a ride or anything?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Alright updated the Location section with Maps, Directions, and Pictures.

Make sure you use the google map links I provided and plenty of street view to figure out where you need to turn.

Copy+Pasting the address will only get you close to the venue, but my links have the marker exactly where you need to go.

My number and Cam's have been provided for emergencies.

If reflex/elev8 would provide info to, this is there neck of the woods.

BluLink77

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, really looking forward to this tourney. Heading over with Cam the group over at Auburn. Just putting out there that I'm planning on bringing my TV and Wii the the venue, even if it just ends up for friendlies.

BTW Thanks for posting the directions, seems like an out-of-the-way venue :)

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I have all of my fluids changed in my vehicle, and all of my tires are in good condition. My friend and I should be coming down there, we have to travel through Georgia, so does anybody need a ride or anything?
Wow you're coming down here from Tennessee? How far a drive is that exactly?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Do you know what part of GA you'd be driving through? There are ppl in GA that still need ride, but I'd want to make sure it's on the way for you.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Well Google Maps says 4 Hours and 2 minutes, but I am a very Cautious driver so I try to be very careful. Is says I have to go through Atlanta. Driving by Ringgold, Dalton, Calhoun, etc. Going down 75 then going to 85. As long as that is the route that my GPS takes me, I will be fine. My car can hold up to 5 people and I am taking my friend, which means I could pick up 3 at most. Any takers?

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Well Google Maps says 4 Hours and 2 minutes, but I am a very Cautious driver so I try to be very careful. Is says I have to go through Atlanta. Driving by Ringgold, Dalton, Calhoun, etc. Going down 75 then going to 85. As long as that is the route that my GPS takes me, I will be fine. My car can hold up to 5 people and I am taking my friend, which means I could pick up 3 at most. Any takers?
I'm inclined to take your offer! :D I'm at Southern Polytechnic State University off exit 263 of I-75, though I could travel somewhere convenient. I think another player, Chima, was interested in a ride. He's in the same area, so I'll ask him too.

Top Bottom