• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL]AUSOM 4 Ever

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Are money matches just like bets or what exactly? I have never heard of money matches before.
Money matches are sets people play (best of 3) for small amounts of money that they bet. Usually, the bet does not exceed $5.

Money matches are silly though. You can get just as much experience out of friendly matches; just ask people to play their hardest (which should be a given anyway).

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! I might do some money matches also then. Might lose that gas money to get back home. I also forgot to add that I will be playing in Melee also, since it is Free to enter. I have been practicing my bum off in both Brawl and Melee. I really hope to place far up in the Bracket. Not sure how far I'll make it though. Everybody is just so good.

Anyway, back to those Money Matches...

Edit------------

Also for this tournament, should I be practicing on Brawl+? I still just play on Brawl so I didn't know if I should get Brawl+ to prepare myself for the tournament.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you *******s keep trying to have AUSOM and not tell me about it!

i might try to be there. Depends on when I get my November paycheck and how much it is.

and all that jazz.

AUBURN'S ULTIMATE SMASH OPELIKA MONTAGE

edited for jazz

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
So my work is perfectly fine with me asking off. I just have to make sure I raise enough money for rent then gas and to just send the money order form and everything will be set!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
you *******s keep trying to have AUSOM and not tell me about it!

i might try to be there. Depends on when I get my November paycheck and how much it is.

and all that jazz.

AUBURN'S ULTIMATE SMASH OPELIKA MONTAGE

edited for jazz
Melee is free and has pools. You should come and enter.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll MM you with any of my four characters Raf (MK/DK/Wario/Sheik) if you want. I feel like I forgot some MMs with you in the past lol but we should do them this time.

So most likely Dynomite will be driving a car from GA to this which right now is looking SOMETHING like Dynomite/DRN/Micaelis/4GOD/Player-1 but nothing is super set in stone right now. But would it be possible to get housing for maybe Fri night, Sat night, or both nights? Just wondering what our options are and I'll post when I know exactly which nights we need.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'll MM you with any of my four characters Raf (MK/DK/Wario/Sheik) if you want. I feel like I forgot some MMs with you in the past lol but we should do them this time.

So most likely Dynomite will be driving a car from GA to this which right now is looking SOMETHING like Dynomite/DRN/Micaelis/4GOD/Player-1 but nothing is super set in stone right now. But would it be possible to get housing for maybe Fri night, Sat night, or both nights? Just wondering what our options are and I'll post when I know exactly which nights we need.
I'll play Diddy or wolf in mms. We are planning on having a smashfest at the venue the friday night before the tournament, and we can definitely get you guys housing if you need it (either my parents place or possibly Auburn). 4GOD and Dyno need to sign up for the ASL! Even if they could only make the two tournaments in Phenix City, they would be saving money by signing up! & there's free food if they sign up before the tournament. PLZ let them know!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'll play Diddy or wolf in mms. We are planning on having a smashfest at the venue the friday night before the tournament, and we can definitely get you guys housing if you need it (either my parents place or possibly Auburn). 4GOD and Dyno need to sign up for the ASL! Even if they could only make the two tournaments in Phenix City, they would be saving money by signing up! & there's free food if they sign up before the tournament. PLZ let them know!
I talked to them about it at Bulldog Brawl. 4GOD already signed up and Dyno is still considering it.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Holy ****! I am finally pleased to announce the first ever OFFICAL AL v. GA Crew Battle.

EZ squeezy

Alabama
Reflex
Bill_
Ragnarok

vs.

Georgia
Kismet
Player-1
DRN

The important part is:
TURBO HYPE ALL-PRO CREW BATTLE! get your drool on!

DRN

Smash Lord
We are now confirmed. Dyno got 3 days off of work for this tourney.

I'm hyped for the crew battle. Surprised theres not more people though

I want a rematch with DRN in brackets soooooooo bad.
Why do u wanna play that silly matchup against me again?

Its not very fun x__x

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Calling me out before I even get on the boards, damn
This man is THE saltiest man I've ever met. Period. People joke about themselves being salty but Kola has you guys beat. You just don't even know. He came up to me at AWA and basically rematched my DK vs his Marth instantly. I had no say in the matter. I didn't even know he was at AWA; he just appeared spraying so much salt that I had to get a drink of water afterwards.

I'm still willing to do MMs with all 4 characters and I'm mad hyped about this tournament. It's going to be awesome. A LITTLE salty I'm not in the Crew Battle but it's k, I'd prob **** up in it so I'll gracefully escape from the embarrassment instead.

Also, I think we're going to be driving up Sat morning so we'll need a place to crash Saturday night after the tournament; anywhere we can crash, please please? Love you guys long time.

P.S. - I <3 you Kola, hahaha. Also, CHEAP better be here so I can get my revenge on his Peach. Prepare for a 14 minute set with me winning 2-0 :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So is there any possibility of a commentary setup here or a livestream?
Commentary, yes. Livestream, depends on whether or not the venue has internet.

We are actually in the process of training two people to do good professional commentary for the Alabama Smash League.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'd like to commentate if I can a bit, I haven't ever commentated, but I'd really like to sometime
We can talk about it, definitely. I'm not just going to turn you away.

HOWEVER...

We are trying to change the way commentary works in our community. Instead of anyone who wants getting on the mic for whatever random match happens to be up, we want to be much more organized and professional.

Like I said, we are currently training two commentators, two people that will be attending every event. We want to get their commentary refined so our livestreams will be more interesting and more people will watch our events online. They have a lot of good ideas already (for example, grabbing players right after their matches and asking a few questions).

One thing is certain: we don't want to have random people getting on the microphone anymore. By having a few set commentators, we hope they can refine their skills and develop hype. We want people to tune in specifically excited to hear their commentary. If you are willing to put in the work and practice, then you can be a commentator too, but it will be work.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm gonna need to see more Melee interest before I can commit to this.
I am melee, I will be there.

I'm bring melee and brawl set-up btw

Who does rag main now? Do we currently consider him top 3 with MK banned, or is MK unbanned for crew battle.

Billy, teach me all of sheik. Your brother should become a pro dance btw.

DRN

Smash Lord
I am melee, I will be there.

I'm bring melee and brawl set-up btw

Who does rag main now? Do we currently consider him top 3 with MK banned, or is MK unbanned for crew battle.

Billy, teach me all of sheik. Your brother should become a pro dance btw.
Hes unbanned for the crew battle i believe. He can use mk although i have no idea who calvin plans on using.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We can talk about it, definitely. I'm not just going to turn you away.

HOWEVER...

We are trying to change the way commentary works in our community. Instead of anyone who wants getting on the mic for whatever random match happens to be up, we want to be much more organized and professional.

Like I said, we are currently training two commentators, two people that will be attending every event. We want to get their commentary refined so our livestreams will be more interesting and more people will watch our events online. They have a lot of good ideas already (for example, grabbing players right after their matches and asking a few questions).

One thing is certain: we don't want to have random people getting on the microphone anymore. By having a few set commentators, we hope they can refine their skills and develop hype. We want people to tune in specifically excited to hear their commentary. If you are willing to put in the work and practice, then you can be a commentator too, but it will be work.
Well yeah obviously randoms getting on the mic is kind of bad...well not really bad, when I'm watching commentary I usually don't mind it too much, I just hate it when the commentators just leave completely or if there is friendlies going on the stream when tournament matches could be played. And as long as there is 1 good commentator there then it's usually good.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hes unbanned for the crew battle i believe. He can use mk although i have no idea who calvin plans on using.
MK is unbanned for crew battles. At future tournaments, we may change that.

Well yeah obviously randoms getting on the mic is kind of bad...well not really bad, when I'm watching commentary I usually don't mind it too much, I just hate it when the commentators just leave completely or if there is friendlies going on the stream when tournament matches could be played. And as long as there is 1 good commentator there then it's usually good.
Well, after we create the bracket, we are going to hand pick which matches we want on the livestream (yet again, if we can have one). We may do the same for pools. At the very least, we will have commentary matches that can be put on youtube later.

We will probably have two sets of commentators for the tournaments. When one set is playing matches, the other pair steps in. I still plan on having 2 main commentators and the other commentators be fill-ins.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ima ask for the day off. If you guys want me to use him, i will. But i'm done with MK.

@Cheap: Can't wait to play you in melee.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
About that melee interest....

with a free tournament I want to see a lot more Yes Yes Yes on my confirmed list.
Common who's gonna do it?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I might even enter Melee even though I can probably count the number of times I've sat down to play Melee on 2 hands!

I'll be bringing a TV and a Wii w/ Smash like normal. I bring my setup everywhere even if it's not used lol.

Hype hype!

Top Bottom