• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wow, I missed this.
Do you REALLY wanna see a ZSS ditto? That'd be boring.
Snakeee and I can play in a hotel room... Even though I'm always dead-***-tired at the end of MLG events.
We'll figure something out.

What would be more fun, is people from his region vs. me, and people in my region vs. him.
And by region, I mean state.
Well I can honestly go Marth against you to avoid the boring ditto. I've been using him a lot lately and the match up isn't all that tricky. It'd be more a battle of mind games which is the way I like it ;)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
M0ar retreating side-b = hax.
I have learned this through many MK MU's.
-shrug- Works for me. Maybe the MK I play isn't the best.
Vs. MK? Enjoy getting grabbed,

Well I can honestly go Marth against you to avoid the boring ditto. I've been using him a lot lately and the match up isn't all that tricky. It'd be more a battle of mind games which is the way I like it ;)
<3 the Marth MU.
I wish I played a second that wasn't Zelda. :(

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
There's a reason why you play only girly characters?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Vs. MK? Enjoy getting grabbed
I normally do it to see how long it takes them to start trying to grab me :xd:, oftentimes they mess up the timing a bit on the first attempt and I punish there grab attempted and then they stop trying to grab for a while :laugh:. Doesn't work against anyone that has played against ZSS's before.

They can totally nado you to, if they do it right. It works well against jump happy or flight happy MKs.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
You say girly, I say refined and graceful :) ....which ppl think is girly for whatever reason
But Marth.. Is girly.
Btw I use female characters too..
But the reason is that I'm a little perv.
I have no problem to admit that.

Snakeee

Smash Master
But Marth.. Is girly.
Btw I use female characters too..
But the reason is that I'm a little perv.
I have no problem to admit that.
Lol, well I'd say I am above gender bias. Having a sort of "finesse" should be something desired by everyone. It sucks how men are afraid to enjoy anything that could be said to be "feminine," and not even half those things actually are anyway.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I suuck against marth.

And yeah I play ZS because she has a fun moveset and style, I've never understood why people play characters for their sexiness or anything else...it's a ****ing animation. If they're fun to play who cares

Zero

Smash Hero
I play ZSS because I'm a huge Metroid fanboy. It's only coincidental that she's the most fun character in Brawl as well with mad combos and sick reads.

@Snakeee: Totally agree. Although you know I do ;)

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Lol, well I'd say I am above gender bias. Having a sort of "finesse" should be something desired by everyone. It sucks how men are afraid to enjoy anything that could be said to be "feminine," and not even half those things actually are anyway.
Don't worry I agree with everything you say.
I usually play only characters that I like.
99% of them are space/robotic girls :laugh:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Any tips vs. Peach? I can't get around her floating "jabs".
Bair outranges any of Peach's fast aerials. I think her fair is longer, but it has so much startup you should avoid it on reaction. Paralyzer, possibly short-hopped would work. Uair is AMAZING vs. Peach.

BBQTV

Smash Master
does nick riddle think or does the answer just come go to him without trying?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How does NickRiddle deal with shield pressure?
Oh you BBR people.
I just hit the shield with, relatively, safe attacks until it pokes, or they drop it.
if you meant people shield-pressuring me... it's not hard to get out of. Uair/Jab/Utilt OOS are AMAZING!

do you cosplay as zss to get ready for a tournament?
I cosplay as ZSS only when my girlfriend wants me to.

BBQTV

Smash Master
when you press the jump button does the controller ask how high?

BBQTV

Smash Master
when you were using ZSS's gun to stun or about to stun did someone say dont taze me bro?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
when you were using ZSS's gun to stun or about to stun did someone say dont taze me bro?
Once or twice.
It got very old, very fast.
Are you just... waiting for me to answer, so you can say ANOTHER random question?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hey, I was recently inspired to play ZSS due to a certain someone (<3 you bro, best kirby), so can you answer a few questions for me?

- armor pieces in doubles. it seems like they just get in the way. what do you think?
- is jab oos the best thing to do against mks glide attack?
- is weak stun gun to grab legit or are people just dumb

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
hey, I was recently inspired to play ZSS due to a certain someone (<3 you bro, best kirby), so can you answer a few questions for me?

- armor pieces in doubles. it seems like they just get in the way. what do you think?
- is jab oos the best thing to do against mks glide attack?
- is weak stun gun to grab legit or are people just dumb
Pieces in doubles are only good if you partner is good with them. If your partner isn't get rid of them, as your opponents may be good with them.

Jab OOS is pretty good, but I much prefer just throwing a fair out. The first one pings with glide-attack, and the second one hits. This is basically guaranteed.

Weak stun to grab is legit at some spacings.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
and it seems like a lot of the zss vids I watch, people are too scared to throw the grab out...it seems to me like all of her throws are pretty great, so the risk is worth it especially since zss actually has safe lead-ins to it...

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
and it seems like a lot of the zss vids I watch, people are too scared to throw the grab out...it seems to me like all of her throws are pretty great, so the risk is worth it especially since zss actually has safe lead-ins to it...
That's pretty much where I'm predicting our metagame to progress to, as people start trying to follow the typical shield everything and you win against us, grab setups are going to be more and more important.

You're right in thinking our grabs are pretty ****. Fthrow and dthrow are the most useful; use bthrow only to toss them off the ledge, and uthrow is never used. We also have CGs and air release shenanigans from grab that ****.

Your best setups into grab are gonna be the stuns, punishing a landing, or pivot grabbing, though even vanilla grabs can work a surprising amount of the time just because everyone has that typical mindset i mentioned. SFP says sourspot uair combos into pivot grab, though i have a hard time landing those at ground level in actual matches so i don't think it'd be as useful

Top Bottom