• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Less damage, not as good an angle, pretty much. I think the distance fthrow puts them at is more conducive to mixups as well, but that's just me.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i dont know what you people are talking about. when ever i play a ZSS the always go for the up throw up air thing

BBQTV

Smash Master
the one where zss kicks down into the ground and the opponent goes up in the air.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
that's downthrow.

upthrow does do the most damage of all the throws, I believe. It doesn't send them out at a good angle though: if they DI correctly it's hard to chase with an aerial.

I don't think it's that horribly terrible however.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I guess if you're playing a character that just gets ***** by landings that could work, but those are usually characters that can be juggled easily anyways and you could dthrow for a more likely chance at a good long juggle

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Spawn on the left side. :(

You have the same positional disadvantage spawning on the right side of Rainbow Cruise, as well. They are both my favorite ZSS stages :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also, does dsmash getting no additional hitlag on breakable objects mean it's a projectile? I was always confused about whether it was or wasnt lol

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I think it's technically a projectile like Lucario's side b. Doesn't really matter what the classification is, what that no hitlag and high hitstun means is that it is our safest attack on block though

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I guess if you're playing a character that just gets ***** by landings that could work, but those are usually characters that can be juggled easily anyways and you could dthrow for a more likely chance at a good long juggle
Pitpitpit, we can shieldgrab all his aerials olol

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
How do you do the super high jump out of down b? I've never known, all I get is the cannon ball sideways ones or a small vertical one

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Uthrow does a lot of damage, so in cases when damage is more important to me than follow-ups (such as in situations where I'm fighting a character that is hard to combo like olimar) I will use it sometimes. Uthrow STILL offers follow-ups!

Uthrow is also good in teams, because the sweeping animation is huge and she hits other people more often.

what's the best method for getting out of the water? I always seem to die whenever I fall in from the middle platform.
Mash X or Y, and then up+b IMMEDIATELY.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
what's the best method for getting out of the water? I always seem to die whenever I fall in from the middle platform.
Left side, or right side?

Left side: Jump + Up-B > Down-B > tether

Right side: Should be worried. Jump > Tether

Roxas215

Smash Lord
So im picking up zss solely cause of your performance at MLG. I mean i always dabbled with her here and there but never got serious wit her as i didn't feel like taking the time to learn her. But after seeing your vids i picked her back up. She a really fun char.

Anyway a couple questions im sure u answered these but i dont feel like looking through all these pages lol

1.How do u feel about the armor pieces? Me personally i throw away 2 and keep 1. But seeing as how peach is my main and diddy is my secondary im **** good with stage control of the items. Should i continue to only use 1 or be more confident and use all 3?

2. I feel like there is no way zss can beat mk or falco. What do u think?

3.I feel like i spam forward b too much. How do u go about using that move?

4. If i get vids up would u critique them? lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So im picking up zss solely cause of your performance at MLG. I mean i always dabbled with her here and there but never got serious wit her as i didn't feel like taking the time to learn her. But after seeing your vids i picked her back up. She a really fun char.

Anyway a couple questions im sure u answered these but i dont feel like looking through all these pages lol

1.How do u feel about the armor pieces? Me personally i throw away 2 and keep 1. But seeing as how peach is my main and diddy is my secondary im **** good with stage control of the items. Should i continue to only use 1 or be more confident and use all 3?I only like using one. You can use however many you feel comfortable with.

2. I feel like there is no way zss can beat mk or falco. What do u think?Uair beats MK's aerials. GR > Uair is funny. Just do stuff to MK.
Pick a secondary for Falco. :D

3.I feel like i spam forward b too much. How do u go about using that move?Don't spam it. Use it to hit side-steps/ADs, or landings.

4. If i get vids up would u critique them? lolAs long as they are not wifi, I'll watch at least 1.
Vids up always helps.
In red.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I saw a few vids from the vid board and I couldnt' help noticing a few ZSS mains use their side-b like Link and Samus mains use their Z-air. Well, not exactly as much but enough to make an analogy.

I dabble in ZSS occasionally for offlines against D3 or a heavyweight so I know side-b is a great kill move when fresh. It deals decent damage and good knockback but I don't usually use it as a Z-air substitute. Should I be? I read your response to Phillyrider but spamming side-b and using it as a Z-air sub are two different things.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I saw a few vids from the vid board and I couldnt' help noticing a few ZSS mains use their side-b like Link and Samus mains use their Z-air. Well, not exactly as much but enough to make an analogy.

I dabble in ZSS occasionally for offlines against D3 or a heavyweight so I know side-b is a great kill move when fresh. It deals decent damage and good knockback but I don't usually use it as a Z-air substitute. Should I be? I read your response to Phillyrider but spamming side-b and using it as a Z-air sub are two different things.
I'm starting to hate side-b vs. my training partners, so I dunno.
Not as a Zair substitute, that's different.
This move is super slow.
Use it as a landing/AD trap.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hm, you think ZSS vs falco is un-winnable, nick?
You play a secondary against him then? If so, which character do you use against him?
No, because I am dumb.
It's probably not as bad as I think, I just need to get more friendlies in with DEHF.
FL's Falcos, sadly, don't quite cut it. :(

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yeah playing m2k today nick and I asked him about what you do. He goes I know what he's going to do everytime, he side bs so much. He's just really hard to hit.

I got a dash lock off on him and he was like wtf zomg what is that haha

I think nair is more similar to a link zair than side b personally.

solecalibur

Smash Master
What are your options against a D3'd down throw grab mind game and best solutions ???
Cost me a game yesterday =X
I'll paste this as I had mixed responses so far in our Q&A and you play CO so Im sure you know what to do (Other then dont get grabbed)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'll paste this as I had mixed responses so far in our Q&A and you play CO so Im sure you know what to do (Other then dont get grabbed)
No definitive answer.
You can DI down, for a quicker tech.
You can DI away and tech away, for a farther tech.
Di towards/down and tech towards for a quick tech behind.
You can DI up and AD/uair to get out of hitstun, and spotdodge/down-b away.

All of these can be read, and have their own benefits.
Just grab DDD first.
WHO THE **** WOULD SEE OUR ****TY GRAB COMING?!

zApollo

Smash Ace
Nick, what is your opinion on the diddy matchup?

If I get a banana in hand, should I just toss it away or use it somehow? Trying to throw it back is useless as the diddy pretty much catches, or sheilds and catches it again. Even when I try to alternate with mindgames. I did not get a single set up for banana loop lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nick, what is your opinion on the diddy matchup?

If I get a banana in hand, should I just toss it away or use it somehow? Trying to throw it back is useless as the diddy pretty much catches, or sheilds and catches it again. Even when I try to alternate with mindgames. I did not get a single set up for banana loop lol.
If they have one in their hand, dion't ever throw it at them.
Throwing it up helps a lot. Keeps the nanner around, without giving the Diddy immediate control over it.
Umm... The MU? Probably slightly in Diddy's favor.
I don't have THAT much exp in the MU, so I'm not totally sure.

Top Bottom