• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
it's hit lag.

Crouch cancelling reduces hit lag by 1/3rd.

Oh and what I mean is, you can't do dsmashx2 to a 3rd move anymore, they'll be able to avoid all 3rd moves. You can still get away with 2 dsmashes in succession though (I believe).

Browny

Smash Hater
im stalking this thread to remind shaya he will never see an instance of when crouch cancelling in brawl was more beneficial than shielding in the same situation <3

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
it's hit lag.

Crouch cancelling reduces hit lag by 1/3rd.

Oh and what I mean is, you can't do dsmashx2 to a 3rd move anymore, they'll be able to avoid all 3rd moves. You can still get away with 2 dsmashes in succession though (I believe).
You know, in the time someone crouched he could also, like, have shielded and we couldnt even do one dsmash.

And even then, if we hitconfirm Dsmash and see the crouch, we can just dsmash > anything instead of Dsmash-Dsmash > Anything.

So yeah, still doesnt change jack****.

edit Didnt read browny lol
Yeah what he said
Also, even in doubles its a rare situation. dont get hit n stuff, even if you can CC

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
how good is ZSS vs opponents at the ledge? And what options are used to gain an advantage from that situation?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Opponents at the ledge.

Shes good, Dsmash hits them on the ledge, sideb sometimes too. nB is a lasting hitbox is also pretty nice and runoff bair is fast and strong. DownB can be used if youre feeling lucky. Fsmash covers most getup options (lol)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
how good is ZSS vs opponents at the ledge? And what options are used to gain an advantage from that situation?
Opponent at the ledge?
ZSS is pretty bad here if they know... how to dodge d-smash. You can run off the stage and stage-spike easily, but it can get you gimped...
You just have to be really smart.

ZSS on the ledge?
It's hard to get back on stage. Down-b is the best option as you can mix-up attack/footstool/land.

Opponents at the ledge.

Shes good, Dsmash hits them on the ledge, sideb sometimes too. nB is a lasting hitbox is also pretty nice and runoff bair is fast and strong. DownB can be used if youre feeling lucky. Fsmash covers most getup options (lol)
THE OWN ZONE!

MT Zehvor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChocolateMetroid
How in the world do you use the down smash effectively? I, mean, it's great for when I can actually use it, but most players worth their salt(unless they get stunned) never give me the time to blast it.

Also, are there any combos that can be done out of the ground leg sweep thingy?

-MT

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How in the world do you use the down smash effectively? I, mean, it's great for when I can actually use it, but most players worth their salt(unless they get stunned) never give me the time to blast it.

Also, are there any combos that can be done out of the ground leg sweep thingy?

-MT
... Lots of practice. When people were dismissing D-smash in 2009, I... didn't listen.

D-tilt > uair is the most common one.
D-tilt > bair/u-smash/up-b/fair also work.

nenchin

Smash Rookie
So while I've played brawl for awhile, I'm very bad at it (compared to tournament level play). I had a question about a matchup. I went to my 2nd tournament today and played the most campy wolf I've ever seen. I was just wondering if you could give me any tips for the matchup. He literally just used laser, fsmash, dsmash (repeat). Also I really like your playstyle and love watching your matches.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
So while I've played brawl for awhile. I'm very bad at it (compared to tournament level play). I had a question about a matchup. I went to my 2nd tournament today and played the most campy wolf I've ever seen. I was just wondering if you could give me any tips for the matchup. He literally just used laser, fsmash, dsmash (repeat). Also I really like your playstyle and love watching your matches.
Powershield lazers, crawl under them, or jump over them. F smash and D smash have a lot of ending lag and are only good moves for punishing. If he's spamming them shield and punish with a shield drop tilt or jump over them and bair him during the cool down. I'm pretty sure our D smash is guaranteed with a powershield if he D smashes you. Knock him up in the air and he's pretty easy to juggle.

Look up Quiksilver vs Semifer on Youtube. He plays the MU pretty well.

nenchin

Smash Rookie
Powershield lazers, crawl under them, or jump over them. F smash and D smash have a lot of ending lag and are only good moves for punishing. If he's spamming them shield and punish with a shield drop tilt or jump over them and bair him during the cool down. I'm pretty sure our D smash is guaranteed with a powershield if he D smashes you. Knock him up in the air and he's pretty easy to juggle.

Look up Quiksilver vs Semifer on Youtube. He plays the MU pretty well.

Thank you very much. Cheers

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Tbh the standard getup options are oftentimes enough to get back up (getup, getupattack, roll, jump) as far as Ive experienced at least.

And yeah Fsmash really works. It literally covers all their options. Fsmash hits jump if timed perfectly, roll with backhitbox or getup with normal. It clanks the getupattack, which allows you to downB away or jab (jab is safe cuz it pushes them off, watch out for sdi tho)

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
If you get a low % dsmash what should you look for afterwards? DA>utilt? O and is there anything near guaranteed from a low % reverse nair? ( you know that hit box that pushes the opponent right infront of ZSS.)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
can you explain in detail how to fight Metaknight as ZSS?
No, it'd take too long.

If you get a low % dsmash what should you look for afterwards? DA>utilt? O and is there anything near guaranteed from a low % reverse nair? ( you know that hit box that pushes the opponent right infront of ZSS.)
DA > U-tilt/d-tilt.
Grab on some characters.

Nothing I can think of. Maybe d-smash.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Could you give some sort of explanation please? It doesn't have to be in detail.

Top Bottom