• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've totally been ko'd by a zss fsmash once.

I think it has a hitbox/knockback that's similar to marth's neutral air (theres no data that makes it do more knockback, but something happens which increases the knock back during the later parts of the animation!). Also similar to how yoshi's usmash worked in smash 64 (maybe melee too) where depending on the direction you were coming from at the time, it kinda mirrored it.

Because this one time I was at like 90% and I got hit by an fsmash and it sent me FLYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Who wins between Marth and ZSS?
It's even.

What the BBR Match Up Chart says.
Right, NickRiddle? :awesome:

(:troll:)
it's still even, even IF you're a jerk.

How will I be killing most of the time?

At the moment I almost exclusively kill with bair...
Bair/uair/down-b/side-b.

Bair or Side-B, either or.

ZSS needs a less ****ty Fsmash. :(
F-smash is also a kill move at 180.

I've totally been ko'd by a zss fsmash once.

I think it has a hitbox/knockback that's similar to marth's neutral air (theres no data that makes it do more knockback, but something happens which increases the knock back during the later parts of the animation!). Also similar to how yoshi's usmash worked in smash 64 (maybe melee too) where depending on the direction you were coming from at the time, it kinda mirrored it.

Because this one time I was at like 90% and I got hit by an fsmash and it sent me FLYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
ZSS's F-smash has like... 7-8 hitboxes for no reason.
One of them kills under 100.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
on a scale of 1 to 10 the highest being 10, how good of a move is ZSS's forward tilt?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
It's only useful at really low percents to force a trip to get in a DSmash for early damage, otherwise Dtilt completely outclasses it imo.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It's only useful at really low percents to force a trip to get in a DSmash for early damage, otherwise Dtilt completely outclasses it imo.
The only other advantage f-tilt has... is when you angle it up.
It hits things like Marth trying to fair before you get hit due to the way he swings his sword.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ftilt combos into dash attack on mid-percentages, which actually makes it better than Dtilt imo (Ftilt > DA > dtilt/utilt trucombo) but I only use it because Im used to buffering turnaround ftilt (being a former falco n stuff lol)

Btw isnt it fsmash supertippertytiptip that kills that early? If so, I need to test some stuff. Who knows, we might get a new **** mu if thats true.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
DEHF:

Ftilt has weird uses, like anti air in some cases. The up-angled version has a better disjoint than the other two, and the hitbox comes out a split second before the hurtbubbles activate so it's technically completely disjointed for a second. As a result it's good for beating Marth's fair if you predict it, but that requires a hard read and the rewards aren't really good enough to justify the risks associated with it. Down version trips at low percents and gimps characters with bad recoveries at high percents.

The only time the non-angled version is useful is when dtilt's range isn't enough and you need a hitbox now. Think of it as a slower jab with less reward and more risk, but with longer range.

I plan on covering stuff like this when I update the guide, which is coming soon.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Why isn't it that good?
Because d-tilt is better.

Nick why is DEHF asking you so many questions? o.o
Because he lurves me.

Nick, how does it feel to know that your precious down smash was better in 2008 than it is now with recent discoveries?
... SILENCE!
It's still good... just... not AS good...
SHUT UP! :'(

you obv don't know what nickriddle obv is aware of.
I haven't shared it yet.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
When you play, which characters do you use suit pieces on/how many do you keep on the field?
I don't bother against Falco/Fox. I just use them for movement here.
I use 1 against MK/Pikachu/Wolf/anybody who can get to me quickly.
I use 2/3 against everybody else...
Unless they're good with items, then I just use 1. (person to person)

shlike

Smash Ace
nick how do you not get ***** by sei----brik? I played him a couple of matches at whobo and got gimped every 15 seconds (exaggeration but not far from the truth) Also will you ever come to texas?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nick how do you not get ***** by sei----brik? I played him a couple of matches at whobo and got gimped every 15 seconds (exaggeration but not far from the truth) Also will you ever come to texas?
I mix up my recovery... a lot...
Trust me... I get gimped too...
I just got so used to it I learned to get around it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wait till you get gimped by M2K about 95 times in a 99 stock match that he forces you through and then you'll know about mixing up your recovery...

Then he gimps you about 67 times out of a 99 stock match.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Wait till you get gimped by M2K about 95 times in a 99 stock match that he forces you through and then you'll know about mixing up your recovery...

Then he gimps you about 67 times out of a 99 stock match.
I think this is the guy who asked to mm my Zelda...with MK.

I said "I'm not playing a MM against MK as Zelda"

He says

"I'll use Olimar"

My reaction.:glare:

Top Bottom