• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

soju

SD God
Lol i didn't mean 11% per hit, now that would be absolutely broken, i just meant around 4% instead of the average 2%, it would make it easier to knock the opponent up that extra needed % to get the kill.

The shield, I think I've gotten use to it now but I noticed against opponents who know about it's jankiness, they would almost always shieldpoke me if i didn't light shield or do anything OoS. The idea of condensing pikachu more would be amazing, it would give him more time and more options, *sigh* well one can only wish.

Aesir, you silly goose, the spiky eared pichu was just a special pichu and female pichu's can have normal ears. Sorta like how Ritchie's pikachu Sparky has some dope *** hair, except it wasn't as hype. Sooo yeahhh Pichu is a girl. ;D

If you ever seen axe or have performed the jolt glitch on the tree in the fire stage of pokemon stadium thats exactly what it is except you actually have to find the location to perform it. Battlefield's ledge is rather stupid in the fact that it corner goes inside a bit and i think thats why you miss the ledge in battlefield at times, but yeah if you can find the correct spot to jolt in battlefield you can get the jolt stuck in the corner and use it as the ultimate trolling ledgeguard.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm not here to make pikachu top tier Project:M. I'm just trying to give him enough buffs to play against everyone without matchups being as unfair as 70:30 (not saying there is or isn't at the moment.. the project isn't complete). Keep in mind there are new characters to compete with as well.

Anyways, here's what I've proposed:
-nAir animation has been altered so that his tail is erected instead of tucked in. the tail has a hitbox and does weak damage, knockback, growth. the angle pops you up slightly more than his torso nair. (values are still being experimented with) his torso nair does 1% more damage to encourage torso nair rather than tail nair.

-neautralB, jolt, can be auto canceled from full hop

Changes that he got before my proposal:
-bair is smash64 bair

Techniques he got from brawl:
-wavebouncing thunder is good

-quick attack cancel

-reverse aerial rush bairs
So as you can see, pikachu didn't get much change. I feel he's quite solid as is. I'm just trying to encourage more aggression with pikachu.

Edit: pika thread getting a bit more active now. thats good to see.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Plz explainnnnnnnn <333
On certain edges, your thunderjolt can get "stuck" and just bounce back and forth super fast.

That was the weakest explanation ever lol. But if someone could post a vid with an example, that would be awesome =) I'm posting from my phone right now so I can't atm lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The SFX stacking makes it obnoxiously loud, too. I've only experienced it once or twice.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord

On certain edges, your thunderjolt can get "stuck" and just bounce back and forth super fast.

That was the weakest explanation ever lol. But if someone could post a vid with an example, that would be awesome =) I'm posting from my phone right now so I can't atm lol

A vid would be awesome.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
If you're playing against a floatyish character that has a quick nair that they tend to spam to escape combos (Peach, Luigi, etc) is it possible to dthrow + shield nair + oos usmash them since they typically nair out of anything asap? maybe even switch to dthrow + usmash once they're conditioned to not nair you? (nah they'll probably just di away or jump)

I'm going to test this next time I smash...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Ah, I remember doing this a bunch on Battlefield and not even knowing what it was. XD I never actually tried to do it, it just happened for me a lot somehow.

AXE 09

Smash Master
But I can't find a way to consistently get into one of the right spots to do it (besides rolling/wavedashing left inside the fire tree on PS).

If we could find a way to consistently do it on BF, that would be so freakin awesome! I would def try to use it

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'll see if I can help you all some and find a spot where it'll glitch. I think it might depend on the version of Melee you have because mine's the second (01, first was 00) and I've been able to do it pretty often enough back then that I remember it now. You have to not wavedash I'm pretty sure, and just go to any spot where you know the jolt will hit that area based on how far each jolt bounces.

It might be really hard to do if you even wavedash once, because that might mess up the coordinates of Pikachu's location, but that could just be me BSing cause I don't really know. Just my initial thoughts. But I know I never wavedashed years ago and have gotten jolts to do that a lot (but never really used it in matches).

AXE 09

Smash Master
Maybe find a spot on the floor where you can thunder jolt and it will always glitch that way? Just an idea.
Yes I mean once you stand in the right spot, it'll always glich so long as you don't move from that spot. The problem is getting in that spot in the first place. Yes I can do it through trial and error but there's no way that I've found to consistently get in that exact spot.

I've tried things like standing up from the ledge and rolling, but that's slightly off.

Teetering on the top platform and quick attacking 45 degrees downward, but that's. Slightly off too.

I've noticed that there's there's 4 different spots on the floor of Battlefield that you can stand on (8 spots total, if you want to count both sides).

If we're talking about getting the jolt stuck on the right side of the stage, then:

1 of the spots is very slightly to the right side of the furthest right platform (so if you full jump, you will not land on the platform. You'll barely miss it)

Another is almost exactly under the middle of the right platform.

Another is inbetween the right and top platforms (if you thunder while standing in this spot, your thunder will not hit either of the platforms)

And the last is almost exactly under the middle of the top platform (it's actually very slightly to the left)

The other 4 for the left edge is symmetrical to the right edge.

It's difficult though cuz the positioning for these have to be so pixel perfect. I haven't found a way to consistently get into any of these 8 spots. I've tried a crapload of random tricks and movements (mostly using quick attacks, rolls, and skull bashes), but no luck =(

If anyone else has better luck, please let me know lol.

I do similar things to find new "consistent" ways to cancel quick attacks or skull bashes.

EDIT:

Also *to my knowledge*, it's not version specific. Although just in case if it is, I've been working in Version 1.0 just to let you guys know.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
uhm, i think the only way that it would only work in one version would be if they changed something about the jolt (or the ledge), which, to my knowledge, they didn't.

either way, it works for me.
I did get an edgeguard with it once too lol. I was playing against a falco at a smashfest and he tried to sideB to the ledge and I tried to jolt, and got the glitch and it killed him lolz.

but it was mostly just because he got confused and didn't upB after it hit him, but w/e.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I tried it and got it with an unreliable way (that does not even work 1/10 times lol). I honestly don’t think it’s worth the trouble, it’s not a reliable way to edge guard and besides, Pikachu’s off ledge options are ridiculous.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I may be wrong but I know that Falco, not sure if Fox can, shine out of their shield with a jump cancel correct? Does pika have a similar move with his up smash? And how do I do this?

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
Usmash oos is while holding shield, control stick up (to jump) + cstick up right after (within 4 frames). Super useful :)

If people feel like experimenting with the tjolt glitch, the exact point where pikachu should be standing (for the one on the right closer to the edge) is when his toe just goes over the orange perimeter of the octagon. His toes just barely pass over the pink line (the ones that fade in and out) over the orange octagon. Pikachu's pose is not perfectly symmetrical so the guide won't work for the left side, he stands a lot closer inside for the left edge.

EDIT: Picture for reference
http://i.imgur.com/sjmrT.jpg
(keep in mind, this has to literally be pixel perfect. pikachu's toes should be past the pink line but the pink lines are slightly below his feet so it looks like they're aligned in the photo)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I'm in the process of uploading videos of me getting whooped by a variety of high tiers, could you guys critique some of them when they finish uploading? (I'll post a few links once they finish)

Spyro

Smash Ace
I may be wrong but I know that Falco, not sure if Fox can, shine out of their shield with a jump cancel correct? Does pika have a similar move with his up smash? And how do I do this?
Upsmash oos can be done with any character, but some character's Upsmash oos is more useful than others; Pikachu's is very useful considering his upsmash has the most vertical KO power in the game :awesome:. Dkuo all ready explained how to do it some I'm not going to explain how to do it again.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Usmash OOS only works because the starting frames of the usmash is very fast and powerful. You won't be able to use Usmash oos with Ganon for example because even if it's powerful, the start up time is way too slow giving time to punish it before it comes out.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ganon's also lacks range directly in front of him unlike Fox/Pikachu.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I wasn't even aware Chad was still playing Smash lol. Good job :) I hope the matches were recorded...

Linguini

Smash Master
Good matches chad, I was a dumb *** and got too close to the edge so i deserved to lose. this resulted in me getting gimped like twice under 30 percent lol

next time we're at the same place i need a rematch fashoooo

Top Bottom