• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I used to play him in Brawl too, but I don't like his playstyle as much, it's just chaingrabs and camping.
thats what brawl is .-.

anyways, to answer question, I picked up Pika because i use Pichu. I kinda stick with him because his Uair is so funny and it makes me happy when i spike people with it. He's also pretty fun to play as.

And you should definitely make a guide N64, that'd be great ^^
I've written guides for various games before and its sometimes allot of work, but its really rewarding when you finish and it also helps other people who don't know as much about the character as you do.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
@Axe: Pikachu's playstyle felt the most comfortable when I started playing. However I've been getting progressively more frustrated with playing him, as in I have to put in a lot more work when playing him relative to other characters to play at the same level. :c

@N64: I think that doing a collaborative guide with a shared account would be a pretty good idea, like how PP and Mogwai are writing their Falco matchup thread. Maybe you and Axe (and others) can do something similar? I'd be interested in helping with the guide but I'm not exactly the most reputable Melee player <_< As for organization, you could reference some other character guides here on Smashboards. Personally I like how Plank organized his Sheik guide, just stick in extra sections on more in-depth how-to's for specific Pika things (tailspiking, uses for quick attack, etc.)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I admit I don't main Pikachu anymore, I'm back to maining Marth, but I play Pika on the side. I picked him up originally because I mained him in 64, but since 64 is pretty dead around here, I picked up Pika in Melee to use against people, because I like his general playstyle. I used to play him in Brawl too, but I don't like his playstyle as much, it's just chaingrabs and camping.

Basically Pika's fun as hell. I might return to maining him once I get better at Melee in general. He just probably wasn't the best choice for my first main now that I'm taking Melee seriously.
It's understandable. ;p Come back to Pika when you feel more comfortable with Melee. I find it lulz that you used to main Pika but now main Marth and your postbit is Yoshi. XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
thats what brawl is .-.

anyways, to answer question, I picked up Pika because i use Pichu. I kinda stick with him because his Uair is so funny and it makes me happy when i spike people with it. He's also pretty fun to play as.

And you should definitely make a guide N64, that'd be great ^^
I've written guides for various games before and its sometimes allot of work, but its really rewarding when you finish and it also helps other people who don't know as much about the character as you do.
True... true. I play Peach and ROB in Brawl though, Peach can only CG heavy characters from like 0% to 33%, and ROB just gets chaingrabbed. :laugh:

It's understandable. ;p Come back to Pika when you feel more comfortable with Melee. I find it lulz that you used to main Pika but now main Marth and your postbit is Yoshi. XD
Yeah, I probably will.

I just love Yoshi too much. :3 I had a Marth postbit before, but Yoshi's 2 cute.

soju

SD God
(at the end put how moon went like 20-0 for the night)
lulz sure will, haha and yeah if i can find enough clips of moon whooping everyone ill put something together

What are your guys' reasons for playing Pikachu?
I chose Pikachu because of favoritism, he has always been one of my favorite characters ever since I first started watching pokemon when I was a wee lad, and I wanted to stick with my favorite character in melee(2nd would be mario) and i haven't quit yet because I have too much pride :/

how about you axe, whats your wonderful story?

Also is anyone interested in collaborating on one? I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere heh.

sure I can help you out, we can talk on AIM right?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
What are your guys' reasons for playing Pikachu?
I play him and main only him because of the simple reason that I always have and I never switched, after like 9 years lol. I loved Pokemon and loved lightning and electricity, so Pika was a natural choice for me. I started with only Pika, played with only Pika, cleared through the game with only Pika, did all of my free choice Event matches with Pika (yes, even 51), and have just been a Pika devotee.

A cute, adorable faced, agile, fast, and fun character. Won't ever switch. ^.^ :pikachu:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, if Raichu was in this game, I would play him forever. Raichu is probably my favorite Pokemon.

Pikachu is cool too, though. And Pichu. Hell, all Pokemon are fun in this game, even though my Mewtwo is awful.

soju

SD God
Not gonna lie, if Raichu was in this game, I would play him forever. Raichu is probably my favorite Pokemon.

Pikachu is cool too, though. And Pichu. Hell, all Pokemon are fun in this game, even though my Mewtwo is awful.

lol Raichu would be rather epic i believe, a slower fatter pikachu with a bit more killing power <3 but I'm waiting for my meowth first >:3

and if I ever get my Pikachu up to tourny placing status I'll also pick up the other pokemen so I can become a true master

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Meowth was supposed to be in 64, but he was cut out because of time restraints, along with Dedede, Pit, Peach, and a few others.

Now there's 649 Pokemon... the odds of them choosing Meowth for Smash 4 are pretty slim. :(

But I've heard people speculating that Pichu in Melee evolved into the Pikachu in Brawl, because Brawl Pika has the goggles, and a more similar moveset to Pichu... so maybe Pikachu evolves into Raichu for Smash 4? I hope so. xD

soju

SD God
lulz, one can always hope though TTwTT whooping the competition with meowth <3 and there are too many pokemen now :B

and duh pichu evolved because he heard he was going to be in brawl, happiness level went up a lot. Sadly he didn't know what kind of game Brawl would be( hater)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Meowth was supposed to be in 64, but he was cut out because of time restraints, along with Dedede, Pit, Peach, and a few others.

Now there's 649 Pokemon... the odds of them choosing Meowth for Smash 4 are pretty slim. :(

But I've heard people speculating that Pichu in Melee evolved into the Pikachu in Brawl, because Brawl Pika has the goggles, and a more similar moveset to Pichu... so maybe Pikachu evolves into Raichu for Smash 4? I hope so. xD

WTFNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I knew I should have given him an everstone. (-.-")

also, how does one get texture hacks? I keep seeing them all over and I want them, but nobody ever tells me how to get them when i ask.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
WTFNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I knew I should have given him an everstone. (-.-")

also, how does one get texture hacks? I keep seeing them all over and I want them, but nobody ever tells me how to get them when i ask.
Texture hacks for Brawl or Melee? Brawl is easy as hell. Melee requires ISO hacking and a Wii with a backup launcher.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Melee ofc, I don't play brawl. I also know how easy it is for brawl, I could do that myself probably.

I don't own a wii so for melee could I do texture hacks with AR? I probably could, but it'd be more work I imagine, especially since I wouldn't be able to make my own codes since i own a mac :S

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I figured, just wanted to make sure, haha. As far as I know, you need a Wii, because you need to burn a backup disc of Melee with the texture hacks on the ISO, and it's too big to work for Gamecubes. Mac's not a problem, I have one too.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ah I see. So I'm actually creating a new disk when I do it?
And I'm just rewriting the ISO of the disk? if so, then I could use my friends Wii to create the hacks and then play the disk on my gamecube correct?

soju

SD God
Ah I see. So I'm actually creating a new disk when I do it?
And I'm just rewriting the ISO of the disk? if so, then I could use my friends Wii to create the hacks and then play the disk on my gamecube correct?

lol no, you create and burn the isos on the computer into a disk, then you need a hacked wii with a gamecube back up launcher to then be able to read the disk. Gamecube isn't even in the equation XDDD

soju

SD God
he's pretty good, probably never heard of him but he goes by a rookie, compared to anyone i'd say hes as good as lovage :B probably better now since hes been playing like crazy

Divinokage

Smash Legend
he's pretty good, probably never heard of him but he goes by a rookie, compared to anyone i'd say hes as good as lovage :B probably better now since hes been playing like crazy
Wait as good as Lovage? You gotta be kidding me, Lovage wins tournaments.. lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
pikachu/mario is an eh team. Doc/Pika would be better because at least then Doc could get kills with gimps or fair. ;/

Violence

Smash Lord
Yo, Soju... that guy's not Lovage's level... it's definitely not fair to Oscar to say that.

This was even before Lovage got more consistent and placed even higher in Socal recently.

Even I managed to take a game off of Lovage in a 3 set, but I'm nowhere near as good as he is.

soju

SD God
haha i can see where you guys are coming from and i haven't really seen much of lovage playing other then that tournament ^^; but i know my friend was way better then how he played at the tournament and knew that if he was in anywhere near decent shape he would have won that set hands down. But still, my bad =3=

soju

SD God
Haha, no need for that "my bad" I am sure your friend is a great player, but to say he is better than Lovage is a little much :)

<3

well i honestly and truly believe that at this moment he is better then lovage :3 but we will see what happens at genesis wont we?

And lulz at the pokepark

soju

SD God
you go ahead and do that mr. warrior =3=

as i said, my bad brewsky, that was my first time seeing lovage play so i was like meh he isn't that good so i think that gives me the thought that my friend is better, but still my bad :B

Walt

Smash Ace
Soju I don't know who your friend is but uh, I feel like he is no way as good as lovage. Lovage is like, a top 10 fox in the world.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I've played A Rookie before, probably less than a year ago. I can vouch for him, he's really good. I was super surprised about how good that Mario was lol! If I remember, he took both my Falco and my Pika to 1 stock. He's really good, but definitely not as good as Lovage. Lovage is pretty phenomenal lol. A Rookie's getting there though.

Top Bottom