• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

izzy24

Smash Ace
yea it is, but i think fair is better to stick out if they're coming at me in the air, and bair if they're waiting for me in the ground, just make sure u dont get hit while trying to switch

Splice

Smash Hero
I havent thought about this at all but

Can't you just UpB from the ledge, Nair cancel the parachute and then jump away safely maybe with a retreating Bair?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
UTDzack and PGN,probably our two best G&W players,don't care to hang around here lol

so goodluck on getting help with that:p

(also i would help but im also foggy in this MU)

Splice

Smash Hero
UTDZac has ZSS experience.

So do I, and I'd attempt to help you more but you totally ignored my first-thought response :p

Splice

Smash Hero
What do you do after UpB? Can't you use Nair or do something mindgamey with Dairs slowfall and then jump away before ZSS Uairs?

Also perhaps drop down and UpB through the sideB but so you invincibility frames end just above the SideB so you aren't in a position to be Uair'd.

I don't know the situation very well actually, tbh a ZSS has never done this to me.

izzy24

Smash Ace
i could cause apperently zss upair beats key everytime so my safest option is still to upb---mindgame like u said. I'll try to find something next time i play him thanx

Publix

Smash Apprentice
i could cause apperently zss upair beats key everytime so my safest option is still to upb---mindgame like u said. I'll try to find something next time i play him thanx
I don't think zss's upair always beats key. i'm almost sure it doesn't. i like doing this when poeple are close to the edge. drop down jump up and air dodge past them and then i usually fsmash them, but zss's side b puts her far enough to where you won't land behind her. but you could drop down. jump up and air dodge through the side b and dtilt her or jab or maybe grab. Also be patient. maybe drop down and beacon once or twice. the zss might switch it up. probably not tho. I feel like you could get up normally and shield. that'll either work or get you killed. :) Try also dropping down jumping away from the stage and up b then you can try and time an airdodge or fair if she approaches. you might be able to do something tricky if you could drop down or reverse in some way. i'ld do chef reversal. and then up b so that you can come back on stage with your homeboy mr. turtle leading the way. I should be studying, but i'll probably leave the library to go test this. also try messaging UTD zac and post his answer.

izzy24

Smash Ace
well the thing about that is that she's so far that by the time u finish the airdogede her amazing 1 FRAME jabs (which are amazing and cant be di by gaw) cancel watever u can do after it.....im pretty sure the only thing i can do is upb into something else depending on what the zss does after that.

btw....im trying to put some matches up in youtube but idk how to get them off my wii, isaved them in my sd card and when i put the card into my computer i cant find them, can some1 help me on that?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
you're gunna have to record them with a Dazzle or a DVD Recorder, unfortunatly you can't save replays just off your SD card to the CPU.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
UTDZac has ZSS experience.

So do I, and I'd attempt to help you more but you totally ignored my first-thought response :p
I have very little/none ZSS experience. Last two times I played against a ZSS I got wrecked. I don't understand this matchup in the slightest.

you're gunna have to record them with a Dazzle or a DVD Recorder, unfortunatly you can't save replays just off your SD card to the CPU.
Well that's not entirely true. You can save replays directly to an SD card at the end of every match. Then just use an SD card reader to move the replays to the computer somewhere (sure you can't watch them, but you still have them). Then find somebody to send them to and get them recorded. I'll record peoples replays if it's something important like "new G&W AT, i think" or "I just wrecked ADHD with a judgment."

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I'm addicted to trying to get the dash attack spike when my opponent is on the ledge. What do you guys like to do when your opponent is on/getting off the ledge?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Dtilt is awesome on the ledge; low cooldown means you can punish when ledge get-up rolls, has long range which means you can stay out of range of their getup attack or any move to hit through the ledge, it stage spikes, and it covers most character's ledgehops. It's all around great.

Splice

Smash Hero
Dash Attack is real good against MKs UpB to the ledge.

If it works, it can bring a match back, or give a large lead
Or win a match you didn't deserve to win :)

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Do you think that the matchup with ZSS should be rediscussed? I don't believe it's even in the least bit. I think it's 6/4 in her favor.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you guys want I can put together an export thread for ZSS and maybe some others (about 3-4)...

Which ones would you like?

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
An export on ZSS, Jiggs, and Sheik (After playing Armada, I need more info on this.)

izzy24

Smash Ace
jiggs?, maybe zss, sheik, and dk?

and soviet idk about ur zss experience, but i have to deal with the #1 zss in the nation and the matchup its actually really hard.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
A good jiggs will air camp you to death and there's not much to do about it.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
gaw just camps jiggs, it's her worst matchup.

as for zss, I alted her for like a year and I'd say the matchup is even. It's just more campy then normal. Get hit by her over b when you can mid game, the rest of her kill moves are aerials you can beat.

thanks everyone for the edge advice!

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Then please, elaborate how this is wrong.
its wrong.

An export on ZSS, Jiggs, and Sheik (After playing Armada, I need more info on this.)
We win all those MU's

jiggs?, maybe zss, sheik, and dk?

and soviet idk about ur zss experience, but i have to deal with the #1 zss in the nation and the matchup its actually really hard.
well yeah the MU is gonna be really hard when your playing a person that out plays you regardless of the MU. btw nobody cares about zss players because they place about as well as we do maybe even worse.

A good jiggs will air camp you to death and there's not much to do about it.
a good jiggs doesnt exist.

If you guys want I can put together an export thread for ZSS and maybe some others (about 3-4)...

Which ones would you like?
no do mu's that matter.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
gaw just camps jiggs, it's her worst matchup.

as for zss, I alted her for like a year and I'd say the matchup is even. It's just more campy then normal. Get hit by her over b when you can mid game, the rest of her kill moves are aerials you can beat.

thanks everyone for the edge advice!
This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ double post...sorry.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Well do you know how to play jiggs/have jiggs experience? If you don't know what to do against the pink puff then you are going to get wrecked hard.
I'm know how to use jiggs myself, I know what she is and isnt capable of. Even entertaining the idea that a jiggs can beat a GaW is pretty sad. And if you lost against a Jiggs. Quit this game.

Splice

Smash Hero
Lucario and Olimar. I havent checked to see if we're already doing Olimar.

But defs Lucario. I wouldn't mind Sheik either but none of this Jigglypuff **** lol!

ZSS would be good too.

Do we have Toon Link? If not do him. Im checking what export threads we have now...

EDIT: Ok so do ZSS, Lucario and Sheik imo.
That was in order of priority too, ZSS being most important, seeing as some of you say you don't know the MU and she's used by a lot of players.

:)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Lucario and ZSS are good choices.
I don't believe one bit that ZSS has the advantage. Just, seriously.
The lucario matchup deserves to be rediscussed, we rated it too far in our favor. Even or slightly in our favor would be good?

Just my stances before any export.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Lucario and Olimar. I havent checked to see if we're already doing Olimar.

But defs Lucario. I wouldn't mind Sheik either but none of this Jigglypuff **** lol!

ZSS would be good too.

Do we have Toon Link? If not do him. Im checking what export threads we have now...

EDIT: Ok so do ZSS, Lucario and Sheik imo.
That was in order of priority too, ZSS being most important, seeing as some of you say you don't know the MU and she's used by a lot of players.

:)
Olimar = want.

What do you guys think of Norfair as a counterpick for G&W?
yes

Top Bottom