• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How often do you play marth's? I always get sent flying when I get hit whith a counter...
They send you offstage, but it never kills you unless you're at like 150ish% and the counter is fresh or something.

I've easily survived at high percents after getting different charged Smash attacks countered. Marth and Ike really aren't going to kill you with Counter. On top of being iffy, it really isn't their strongest option.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
countering judge is way too strong :p and i agree that fair/dair the best killing moves and i prefer dair
I know the person who was posted about countering was more talking of judgment, I was more talking about the smashes.

They send you offstage, but it never kills you unless you're at like 150ish% and the counter is fresh or something.

I've easily survived at high percents after getting different charged Smash attacks countered. Marth and Ike really aren't going to kill you with Counter. On top of being iffy, it really isn't their strongest option.
Ohh thats what I meant, you get sent flying but it doesn't kill. My bad if I sounded like it was going to kill.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice

I'll be honest and say I've never 9'd a counter, but I've oiled a counter with a bucket full of thunders, and I instantly died at zero. I feel like a 9 can potentially kill pretty low from counter

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bait him.

If he Tornados a lot, UpB, U-air, DA, and well timed Smashes are options to deal with it.

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Will the dair always beat out the SL if it is below you?
Cuz I kept getting hit by it. or traded.
If not how do you space it/beat out SL below you? I guess baiting and Air dodging works. :/ didn't work that well.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, D-air beats the Shuttle Loop like 99% of the time. That's mainly useful in teams, but still, it's worth doing for the purpose or edgeguarding.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah! If the MK is in the air below you of course you can hit him with dair!
When are you using dair or when is he Shuttle Looping? Explain to me the situation you're in.

Also, guys! UpB is amazing! Remember that!! I honestly think it's one of his best moves next to nair. Gyah!

kaak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! If the MK is in the air below you of course you can hit him with dair!
When are you using dair or when is he Shuttle Looping? Explain to me the situation you're in.

Also, guys! UpB is amazing! Remember that!! I honestly think it's one of his best moves next to nair. Gyah!
upB>nair in my playstyle

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Usually its at the same time, I can predict his SL coming so I just dair.
Not exactly sure when but i know it is coming.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
XD Kaak! I think upb may be my favorite move. I really like bair because it's a turtle, though!

@Lightning, You should hit him if he's under you, though. Unless your next to him right when he SL then you could just be getting hit by the hitbox?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
@Today. Nope, I was always above. I guess my spacing was just off. T.T
Poop. Could have saved me a couple of frustrating matches.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You can easily D-air edgeguard MKs if they're below, you just have to remember to not slowfall it. =P

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
You can still hit an MK with dair, too. You'd have to hit them where utilt's hitbox isn't at pretty much.
Fortunately, not that many MKs really know that because of the lack of GnWs they play. XP But I still think an MK that knows the GnW matchup is harder than a Marth.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, it's a really depressing matchup because everything you do for the most part is just tricking your way in to get in a Jab/Grab, while all he has to do is just camp with F-air and F-tilt...

If you actually outranged him on a poke option, it would be a pretty close matchup...

Laem

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's a really depressing matchup because everything you do for the most part is just tricking your way in to get in a Jab/Grab, while all he has to do is just camp with F-air and F-tilt...

If you actually outranged him on a poke option, it would be a pretty close matchup...
pretty sure bair does just that. Def more range than fair, maybe more than ftilt. the problem is mk got upB to counter that.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Bait with chef to get that bair/nair/fair in.

I usually like to Up-B to Chef a MK. Extreme mindgamezz.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah. If you're going to bair he's going to upB. And the MKs I play are extremely patient. We may end up timing out, honestly. They will sit there and wait for you to do something. And you know that they are going to do something, but you have to approach. Other than that, most MKs I run into tournament aren't patient against me so it's easier. And they just generally don't know what to do. But other than that, people in my area I'm kind of screwed.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Time them out. Dont worry about it. Theyll probably play you extremely paitently, and you should too.
If youre winning, dont approach. Theyll probably get impaitent and approach you, and thats way too easy to bait and punish.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah. Patience is certainly down-air when it comes to Brawl.
Did anyone see what I did there? XP
But generally the MKs here in my state are really good and top players. They're extremely patient. I always hear that taunting people actually breaks patience and thinking. But I always feel bad when I taunt. :(

Good luck, Kaak! You got this! Show some vids!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I picked up Marth a long time ago. Not for competitive purposes, but just for the sake of learning how the character works.

Top Bottom