• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Besides the fact that we can autocancel/combo into a grounded move, are there any strong 'in-depth' uses to our neutral air? It seems too inferior to our other aerials because of it's properties in comparison to our other aerials' properties.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Neutral air beats MK's glide attack and is usefull for getting out of juggles and whatnot, i believe

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, it's good for cancelling out Snake's mortar and other stuff where you need a fast attack in the air because once you're sent into tumblestun you can AD and attack a lot earlier than you can shine out.

It also has very strange priority. Very strange. >________>

:059:

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I'll really only be using Wolf for Meta Knight only but yeah almost any aerial for any character cancels out Snake's mortar because the priority on the mortar shot is terrible. :)
Oh yeah I see... a use for neutral air is getting out of juggles and hitstun [or the hitstun animation] in general. It seems to come out at a faster rate than airdodge...or I mean that's just the priority of it. Coooool.

And I've been practicing our Flash Cancelling in a similar way to how Falco cancel his Illusion.
The frame window seems impossible to get down consistently....or maybe the frame window for cancelling changes every time? Has anybody mastered this or have any more information about it?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I know that sideB has two extra frames of startup in the air for some reason O.o besides that, it's the same frames for cancelling. First frame during movement is short cancel, second frame is long cancel. People used to talk about a mid cancel, but if there is one I honestly can't tell the difference between that and the long one :confused:

tekkie

Smash Master
And I've been practicing our Flash Cancelling in a similar way to how Falco cancel his Illusion.
The frame window seems impossible to get down consistently....or maybe the frame window for cancelling changes every time? Has anybody mastered this or have any more information about it?
i think the consensus was that its really hard and not really that useful

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Thanks for your facts about the frames on it Ishieymoro...:) I can't believe there's only 2 frames in the beginning of the move where we can cancel it. -_-
And Tekkie to be literal, it would be QUITE useful if it could be performed as frequent as Falco's. But yes the consensus holds true, unless if I find something else aout this.

tedeth

Smash Master
No way. It's so useful. It provides a fantastic recovery mix up if you can do it consistently. It allow you to fake your opponent out with a short cancel to the edge where you'd otherwise have ended up onstage. Not only this, but using the long cancel can make it far more feasible to recover onto the stage because of the surprising distance and the amazing slide. The slide pretty much keeps you moving during pretty much all of your landing lag which can make you far more difficult to punish.

Sumer

Smash Ace
I can do it probably 80-90% of the time. I don't see any other wolves use it as much as me, or do it as consistent. I try and throw it in at least a few times a game.

Some uses are: Getting back on stage from the ledge with no lag (short cancel), chasing opponent after an attack (long cancel), recovery (obvious, short to sweet spot ledge from higher up and long to recover over the opponent), I've also used it in some circumstances such as using the long cancel to get away from the side of the stage on castle siege's 2nd level and landing on the platform the statue's holding.

I really like using it in game because no one expects it, since almost no wolves can do it consistently. I'd go more in depth with stuff, but I'm procrastinating on studying for an exam right now and no one can even constantly do it as much as me, so idk how many people the info would help or how many people would use it. lol

Also, no mid-cancel @ Ishiey.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
i'm using y/x to jump atm and i have tap jump off. would it be better for me to use tap jump? i don't prefer it, but with it off i cannot cancel the lag on my fair when using it to the right. is it worth switching?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'm using y/x to jump atm and i have tap jump off. would it be better for me to use tap jump? i don't prefer it, but with it off i cannot cancel the lag on my fair when using it to the right. is it worth switching?
dont use tap jump. to 0 lag fair, just slide ur thumb from y -> a really quickly while pressing forward

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its kinda tough at first but as you get used to it the rhythm becomes more natural and then you dont notice it anymore, using the sliding technique is how i AC my fairs, i like it a lot more then using tap jump

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
its kinda tough at first but as you get used to it the rhythm becomes more natural and then you dont notice it anymore, using the sliding technique is how i AC my fairs, i like it a lot more then using tap jump
i think i'll do that then :D i usually use y and that's probably why i have problems with the AC. i just used it because i was so used to using y to wavedash in melee hehe.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
caaaaandy mountain, its far far away.

And kain is probably the most successful wolf (other than tedeth but he's a silly aussie)
the best technical wolf is....someone else X3 maybe i dunno

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Kain (Chicago) and Tedeth (Australia) are two great wolves with great placings. Choice is the same, except idk much about Choice's tournament placings >_> lol. JJ is very good but not too active in the tournament scene, and Seagull is good too. I'd say those are our top 5, or at least top 5 that post here :p

Best technical Wolf is JCav :3

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Kain (Chicago) and Tedeth (Australia) are two great wolves with great placings. Choice is the same, except idk much about Choice's tournament placings >_> lol. JJ is very good but not too active in the tournament scene, and Seagull is good too. I'd say those are our top 5, or at least top 5 that post here :p

Best technical Wolf is JCav :3

barracuda drifter is the best wolf. he's also the most technical.

I hear he's going to be entering tournaments soon too.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
but JJ... we dare not speak his name <_< he's too good, even for us. its disrespectful to even mention him along with the "other" wolfs

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
so at what % will dtilt combo out of dthrow? and does it have to be buffered?
if anyone knows which characters it works on that'd be appreciated as well

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I tried this today, I'm pretty much convinced that it's either impossible or so unbelievably situational (as in after 3 dthrows in a row at 0% on Bowser only, or something) that it might as well be :<

If anyone wants to keep trying that, it might be worth testing ftilt as well, more range but two extra frames to come out.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
dtilt never combos from dthrow

it does combo from fthrow at low percents vs big characters

Gah777

Smash Lord
When was the MK matchup last updated?

Whenever I fight DDD all I do is avoid FD, and just run around waiting for the DDD to mess up, and blaster occasionally. Isn't there anything else I can do? No wait, I already know the answer to that: no. Or "mor fsmash lololol"

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
JJ just had some good matches against a D3 that knows how to fight wolves fairly well so he'll be able to help a lot more than me but basically

space your bairs super well, if you arent comfortable with that just stay back and blaster poke him, if you ever whiff anything and you can't jump away then shine, if he grabs you he'll get shined and if not well then you get the hell out of there, if you know how to AC fair then do that but retreat it everytime, thats kinda risky though...
keep him offstage as best you can with bairs lasers etc... dsmash is the best for killing i think since he's so heavy usmash isnt as good. look out for dtilt and fair when recovering

Choice

Smash Champion
don't kill d3 by knocking him into the blast zones but instead by making it so he can't recover.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
but you still do better than a lot of other wolfs >< thats what counts right?
besides, everyone who plays brawl is bad lololol :3

Gah777

Smash Lord
So i need some good running away "oh **** oh **** oh ****!" music to listen to when playing the DDD matchup, anyone got any suggestions?

Gah777

Smash Lord
angry music will make you aggro
Hrmm... maybe this is why I always hear "Dude, you attack too much" and "All you do is attack" from Chris whenever I play with music... or listened to music before a match... or listened to music that day... lol

Can't really help it though. I like death metal, doom metal, metal, symphonic death metal, etc. lol, but I've been getting better about my aggro "situation"

tekkie

Smash Master
Hrmm... maybe this is why I always hear "Dude, you attack too much" and "All you do is attack" from Chris whenever I play with music... or listened to music before a match... or listened to music that day... lol
listen to some bluetech or sundial aeon or shpongle or androcell or seahorse transform (my sig link) or something chill like that :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom