• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
those are some of the weirdest band names i've ever heard of.
port blue is what you want for relaxing music, piano and violin :3

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm a small man though, only 125-30 pounds depending on how lazy i've been in the week so child size slim fit shirts make me look faaaabulous :3 hint: working out every day does that XD <3

i've failed the nerd ways....

Gah777

Smash Lord
Every day, mang. I fall asleep every morning with a controller in my hands and a bag of Cheetos in my lap. I take all my classes online. There's a toilet under my sofa cushion so I never have to get up. My minifridge practically restocks itself (and by that I mean my mom does it). And I'll be attending Devastation via WiFi. I'm pro.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
*ray of light shines on Gah*
my...god, you're beautiful O_O
you're living the nerd life my friend, relish in it, i too spent several years of bliss that way, then i had to get a - a job....

Gah777

Smash Lord
lol I got a job. Online. I'm in the Geek Squad online support, since I can't actually leave my house. I also have direct deposit set up and I just buy everything online.

aww Ish, this thread is my current social sofa, i just can't get off of it, but if you insist, I have lots of studying for finals to do, so i'm off for the night.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
on topic now :3

what are the chances if any at using the blaster for momentum cancel? i've always wondered but i'm too bad at the game to even tell if it'd help at all XD i can't even get DI down right

which leads me to my next question. how do you DI? :~;

like say DK just fsmashed me from the middle of FD and i'm wolf. normally i'd hold up on the analog stick and that makes wolf go flying up that way then i'd MC and FF. is that it?

Gah777

Smash Lord
I think you should DI down and try to tech off the stage.

But yeah, that's pretty much right. I'd hold up and slighly foreward though.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah i know the direction that needs to be pushed :) i just wanted to know if i had the idea right.

now what is SDI and how do i go about doing that? like if i'm caught in pika's dsmash is just holding up and away good enough or do i have to keep putting in inputs for it to do anything?
i'm trying to make sure i actually know what i'm supposed to be working on instead of just "trying to get better" :3 proactive woffles

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its WOFFELS you dolt :3
alright thats what i wanted to know, if you're mashing the sticks or just holding them, the rest is just common sense i'm hopomg

Choice

Smash Champion
on topic now :3

what are the chances if any at using the blaster for momentum cancel? i've always wondered but i'm too bad at the game to even tell if it'd help at all XD i can't even get DI down right

which leads me to my next question. how do you DI? :~;

like say DK just fsmashed me from the middle of FD and i'm wolf. normally i'd hold up on the analog stick and that makes wolf go flying up that way then i'd MC and FF. is that it?
blaster can be used to momentum cancel if you b-stick it towards the stage. however if you don't do this right you float out more instead.

as for DI:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=4383
and other game mechanics:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=34746

DI is just a matter of vector addition.

Choice

Smash Champion
yea np dude, and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hmmm....
wolves best momentum cancel for vertical hits is dair then for horizontal its bair/nair right?
i remember jcav's video on it but its failry old.

Choice

Smash Champion
nair is supposed to be the best option always i think since it reduces the size of wolf's hurtbox. bair gives you control sooner though so its what i've been doing instead.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
nair is ur best option because it not only reduces wolf's hurtbox, but in another sense, it gives u DI control sooner than bair actually.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
oh ok, i've just been using bair but i can see how nair would help you live a little longer when you're closer to the blast zones

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Uair is better than bair...bair has killed me before im pretty sure lol

Choice

Smash Champion
you should have nair'd in that situation. bair can extend your hurtbox into the blast zone so you have to be careful with it, this is true.

Laem

Smash Champion
i like that list choice, but i have my doubts about its legitimacy
according to that list airdodge is slower than some aerial(s), yet still the best choice
Also, iirc you can't fastfall during an airdodge.

Choice

Smash Champion
the list shows the frames for each option and then to the right you can see the final time using this momentum cancel. you can break hitstun earlier by air dodging than you can with aerials so then the total time before you can do some secondary action is shorter. i dont think you can ff during an air dodge either so for characters like diddy kong where air dodge allows him to do his secondary action fastest, bair would be the better option if they are being hit off the top.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Uair is better than bair...bair has killed me before im pretty sure lol

if u bair using the cstick, u actually move slightly in the direction ur bairing in the air.this is probably why u died lol... and another reason why nair is better for momentum cancelling

_Kain_

Smash Champion
if u bair using the cstick, u actually move slightly in the direction ur bairing in the air.this is probably why u died lol... and another reason why nair is better for momentum cancelling
Lol yea i know wus jus pointing it out XD im sticking to uair or try to do nair jus gotta get used to DIing rite then using nair correctly

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm still amazed at his skill in brawl and how he keeps on thinking up all these crazy..dare i say, combo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom