• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hmm... so nothing about autocancelling shine yet? x_x I need to play more brawl.

I don't feel like Wolf has any particularly strong or weak stages tbh, it's more player-dependent and/or matchup-dependent. So I can't really help you with that one :(

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
heya do u ppl use the bair on shield to guaranteed dsmash on shielding opponents at the edge? shieldpush makes em fall off the ledge and dsmash will hit em if u buffer a turnaround. it rocks and its very broken and pizza > wofl.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@T

Yeah, you can do the same with a simple Fsmash too. The first hit pushes the opp. off the stage leaving him unable to react. Then the 2nd hit is guaranteed.

@Junk

lol you think we're going to tell our enemies how to beat us? :p

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Fsmash is a bit slow in terms of ending lag, but yeah it's great when you get a guaranteed dsmash off of a forced tumble :3

And we tell others how to beat our character to further develop the metagame, I thought you'd know that by now Gheb :< lol. But yeah, D3's bair wrecks Wolf offstage.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't get gimped by Trevor's D3 often either. Doesn't change the fact that D3's bair still goes through both our recoveries with ease :<

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I don't get gimped by Trevor's D3 often either. Doesn't change the fact that D3's bair still goes through both our recoveries with ease
Except that DDD is too slow to position himself to Bair Wolf's recovery before he can recover. So, at high level, DDD can't gimp Wolf. So to answer the original question, the best solution would be to let him recover to the edge and limit his options from there.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
So what are D3's best options after letting Wolf get to the ledge, would you say?
If Wolf tries to drop down and double jump back onstage, try to shield grab, air grab release->edge hog. If your too far away, you can intercept anything Wolf does out of a double jump with Ftilt, but if you guess wrong, you leave yourself open to side B, but even if you land the Ftilt, there's no followup. If he regular gets up or get up attacks, Grab->Fthrow, repeat ledge play. You can also try to pummel grab release->footstool->edge hog, but that's not too reliable and if you miss it, you lose your advantage. If he tries to roll behind you, CG Wolf to the other end of the stage and repeat. If he jumps off the ledge, Bair or Uair.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Whats wolf's best air move to DI with? I see Jcav use nair
Can wolf (idk the true term for this, but) 'bucket break'
What can wolf do out of 1 jab or 2 jabs that are gaurenteed or work 90% of the time?
What can wolf do out of jab that might work (like with wario jab cancel fsmash or yoshi jab cancel downB)

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Whats wolf's best air move to DI with? I see Jcav use nair
Can wolf (idk the true term for this, but) 'bucket break'
What can wolf do out of 1 jab or 2 jabs that are gaurenteed or work 90% of the time?
What can wolf do out of jab that might work (like with wario jab cancel fsmash or yoshi jab cancel downB)
Bair, but I'm not top sure.
No.
Second and third Jab, respectively.
Jab to Dsmash works if you Jab them in the air. Otherwise, all they can do is shield.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Bair, but I'm not top sure.
No.
Second and third Jab, respectively.
Jab to Dsmash works if you Jab them in the air. Otherwise, all they can do is shield.
this will improve my game thanks.
hmm kinda weird as far as 'bucket breaking' goes, i always see jcav nair then downB.

audauro

Smash Rookie
nair is wolf's best survival move. It works better than bair because it retract's wolf hurtbox

∫unk

Smash Master
thank you rvkevin... i agree i noticed i couldn't gimp choice very often when we played and i would go from a winning super advantageous position to a losing one if i missed a b-air which is incredibly stupid

gimping wolf is like gimping zero suit... sometimes it happens but usually it's better just put them in a ledge trap

rvkevin

Smash Lord
thank you rvkevin... i agree i noticed i couldn't gimp choice very often when we played and i would go from a winning super advantageous position to a losing one if i missed a b-air which is incredibly stupid

gimping wolf is like gimping zero suit... sometimes it happens but usually it's better just put them in a ledge trap
Yea, DDD's too fat and too slow to get offstage in time...

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Whenever i wolf flash to the stage i tend to get a weird scar glitch where i hit it, but then drop and can still jump and use my air attacks.
any way to stop this?

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
Whenever i wolf flash to the stage i tend to get a weird scar glitch where i hit it, but then drop and can still jump and use my air attacks.
any way to stop this?
I'm pretty sure this happens when wolf's body appears inside the actual ledge during any of the 3 frames. I think you just have to try and sweetspot it. Besides, it gives you back your air jump and recovery, so it's not hard to make it back to the stage when you get used to it.

John102

Smash Cadet
any way to stop this?
It's called lightstepping, and happens when you hit the edge at a certain angel while using wolf flash, it can actually be very helpful in a match~

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I tend to press the attack button to get back onto the ledge and it tends to make it turn into a fair, quickly leading to my death so....yea...that fails fer me <.<

tekkie

Smash Master
I tend to press the attack button to get back onto the ledge and it tends to make it turn into a fair, quickly leading to my death so....yea...that fails fer me <.<
just be ready for it. don't keep pressing A after flashing, that's also a very predictable thing to do.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Right, so like, is there anyway to make sure this does not happen?
There must be something that triggers it

tekkie

Smash Master
Right, so like, is there anyway to make sure this does not happen?
There must be something that triggers it
it happens if you hit towards the top of an edge. besides making sure not to go too high the only other option is to not grab the edge.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Time a Jump after the flash. Done properly, you will either jump during the lightstep or do nothing once you grab the ledge (the jump input will be too early, so Wolf will be hanging on the ledge and you can still do the get up attack).

audauro

Smash Rookie
Time a Jump after the flash. Done properly, you will either jump during the lightstep or do nothing once you grab the ledge (the jump input will be too early, so Wolf will be hanging on the ledge and you can still do the get up attack).

Wrong! always spam the SHIELD button whenever you side b towards the ledge!

John102

Smash Cadet
What controller setup do you guys use with wolf? I've been using the default for a while now, but recently I've been playing around with some different setups and have found that if I use the L button as a jump button I can do more with wolf's aerials and such. Before I was using the tap jump on the control stick to do retreating AC Fairs, but using the L button seems a lot easier, I think after I get the hang of using L as the jump button I'll be able to do better bair walls and SH bairs as well...

Gah777

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, that control scheme is pretty wack. Whatever works for you...

VSion

Smash Cadet
Sorry in advance if this question has been asked/answered already, for I haven't read all of the previous pages.

Is a fastfalling Uair into Utilt (or other moves for that matter) at lower to mid %s a true combo or not? I've done it many times, but I'm not sure the opponents were DI'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom