• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
thanks for the idea self :D i might just try that with my controls.

and how sure are you about the shine thing? i play a sheik player almost everyday and i can never seem to stop it :(
Shine has invincibility frames, Lumi. It comes out fast enough to interrupt even some CGs, if they are not frame perfect. It would actually depend on your opponent's timing.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Shine has invincibility frames, Lumi. It comes out fast enough to interrupt even some CGs, if they are not frame perfect. It would actually depend on your opponent's timing.
i knew that already haha. it's just that sheik's usmash seems like it comes out before our stun frames are over with. making it impossible to shine out of. i do this to sora whenever he messes up the falco cg. even though that doesn't happen very often XD

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Alright fellas, what exactly is a DACIT? I'm assuming dash attack canceled item throw, but may be just full of ****. Sooo anyway how do you perform this shenanigans?

I ask here because I've seen it said on the wolf boards, and not many other places... and cause wolf boards the best, ofcourse.

John102

Smash Cadet
cause wolf boards the best, ofcourse.
**** right. As for your question, yes DACIT stands for Dash Attack Canceled Item Toss/Throw. You do it by basically doing the same thing as you would when you're doing a DACUS, except with an item in your hand.

tekkie

Smash Master
the timing is a bit different. also if you use stick diagonal up/forward instead of up you can toss it forward while you slide

pro as ****

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Alright, thanks. Does it have to be a JC throw? (why up sounds necessary

edit: nevermind, messed around with it some, and i think it's harder to throw up than forward >_<

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
A while ago, I remember that dair was the best DI for top, and nair was the best DI for the side, yet all wolves use bair for both.

Are we forgetting that, or are we just ignoring it because we think bair is better?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
A while ago, I remember that dair was the best DI for top, and nair was the best DI for the side, yet all wolves use bair for both.

Are we forgetting that, or are we just ignoring it because we think bair is better?
old habits die hard. that's why

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
The only reason dair works for the top, is because down on c-stick = fast fall, right?

Sooo in theory bair + fastfall should be equally as effective? Maybe?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
The only reason dair works for the top, is because down on c-stick = fast fall, right?

Sooo in theory bair + fastfall should be equally as effective? Maybe?

if you bair, you will shift a lil closer to the blast zone, so bair isn't the best option imo. Choice disagrees though

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
Put your pride on the line. It really makes a difference when you really want to win. I recently told a friend, after he made a comment that I wasn't good, that I could three stock him. He said I couldn't and that I just wasn't good enough. That insulted my pride. Next thing?

Three stocked him. This is someone that I usually just one stock.

I am ALWAYS playing lazily. But when I have reason, I really try hard enough to pull pretty good plays out my ***.

Just give yourself motivation. Mine is my pride.
Pride is definitely something that wolves have immensely. It's why the pack leader holds his head up high when his followers are behind him and just like the raging canine, Wolf shows that same terror in the eyes of his foes. I haven't had anyone really talk me down like that but..

My pride consists of the fact that I think Wolf O' Donnell actually chose me as his main. Like, it's unexplainable but the fact that Wolf is just such an awesome character even before he hit the battlefield, it was always something I wondered if Wolf would ever be in Brawl and then Sakurai opened that door. XD

Also the tenacity of ripping my opponent to shreds and beating the living hell out of them is more of a confidence boost than a pride thing. So I keep it to myself to uphold that Character/Player bond. :3

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I was just making sure there wasn't some secret elitist group thinking, "Ignore 'em. Bair is better. Bair is better. Bair is better," like some cult of bair fanatics. Now that I know we're all ********, I feel better.

But that doesn't explain why I think Wolf is MK and needs to use uair. I've got habits too.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
wolfs uair is silly, it never seems to be all that helpful unless its against fatties or snake

it's very helpful actually lol. It's a hitstun combo out of usmash and mk's dair camping doesn't work against wolf because of wolf's uair OOS

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
is that a guaranteed combo? i use it all the time but i wasn't sure if it was my opponent just doing something wrong to let me hit them with it.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
is that a guaranteed combo? i use it all the time but i wasn't sure if it was my opponent just doing something wrong to let me hit them with it.
it's not a guaranteed combo, but it ensures ur opponent can't jump to avoid the uair. they can airdodge/attack out of it though, but usually the uair beats/trades hits with their aerial. also if they airdodge, they get *****

John102

Smash Cadet
Wait, I thought you were suppose to use your fastest aerial....wtf my life is a lie.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
nair and bair are just about as fast as each other but apparently bair stretches your hurtbox thingy closer to the blast zone so it could kill you, where as nair wouldn't do that

castorpollux

Smash Champion
nair and bair are just about as fast as each other but apparently bair stretches your hurtbox thingy closer to the blast zone so it could kill you, where as nair wouldn't do that
you also actually smash DI closer to the blast zone when you use bair

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
are grabs ever garunteed out of jab?
i know jab1> grab usually works and i've managed it after jab2 but i'm pretty sure jab3 has too much knockback or cool down to grab afterwords

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
are grabs ever garunteed out of jab?
i know jab1> grab usually works and i've managed it after jab2 but i'm pretty sure jab3 has too much knockback or cool down to grab afterwords
If you Jab>Grab when they're airborne it usually is guaranteed. Not on a character with like Marth's up b though because they could then dolphin slash straight up and out.

When they have landing penalty Jab>Grab is usually also guaranteed.

tekkie

Smash Master
how awesome is it if you buffer a shine after a sidestep? someone test it i dont have my wii with me :<

edit: or JS whatever

so uh from frame data frama 2-20 is invincible, then 5 frames of lag, then 9 frames of invilcibility/hitbox, or with JS whatever the frama data is on that

what the **** is the frama data on JS anyways

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
can you buffer a shine after sidestepping? cause thats like a billion frames of invincibility right there

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Of course you can, but there still will be the lag of the spotdodge, so you don't have permanent invincibility at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom