• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hi, I have an odd question here.
What does it mean when people say "yum" right before I fight them. I can't figure it out, and its probably really obvious too. Its happened twice this week. Am I THAT delicious :confused:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
This has been bugging me for sometime now...

I've come to understand that different controller slots have an effect on priority of moves when fighting. I'm pretty sure that they higher the controller slot, the higher the priority thingy (e.g. Player 1 has more Priority than Player 4). So I think I get this bit but then I read somewhere that people fight for controller slots such as Player 3 and 4. From my understanding on it, this doesn't make sense - why would you want less priority?

I've been quite confused for a while about it and it's becoming more and more irritating. How does this silly controller priority thing actually work and what are the benefits behind it?
This.

And... what's a capture device, where do you get one from, and how does it work?

kr3wman

Smash Master
How do you tech, or actually what is teching?
When you get hit by a strong attack, you get sent flying. If, in your path, there is a solid object, you can try to tech it.

It's pressing either L or R (or Z, in Smash 64) a short time before you hit the object.

Teching can also be done on the ground when you are falling down.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
after you beat boss battles on intense, do you get all the sse bad guys too? (primids and what not, excluding the bosses)

if not, is there a list somewhere of all of em?
What do you mean by that? Do you mean do you get all of the bad guys trophies? If that's what you mean, no.

http://www.brawlcentral.com/content.php?p=trophies_p1

Look under SSE trophies there. Some that you don't get through trophy stands are listed as "Get with a trophy stand" but that's because it's an old site that was popular when Brawl stuff was getting leaked, no cares about it anymore.

DUB

Smash Lord
Has anyone on made a guide for playing Doubles. I have basically no team experience and have been in only one tournament in teams.

If you got a link to it, it's much appreciated.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing, so I've got a dumb question to ask:

What is a "forum troll"? Why are they referred to so negatively?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
A forum troll is someone who goes to a forum only to spam and post stupid messages, flooding the forum with the troll's stupidity.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Heres a question, for Olimar, when pivot grabbing, approximately how much range is added to the grab?

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the answers, guys. I've also noticed that people's names have different colors. I think that yellow names are normal people, reds are mods, but what does a blue name mean? Also, why is my name gray? I don't remember it being gray a while ago, and I don't see any other gray names.

Once again, thanks in advance for the replies.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Thanks for the answers, guys. I've also noticed that people's names have different colors. I think that yellow names are normal people, reds are mods, but what does a blue name mean? Also, why is my name gray? I don't remember it being gray a while ago, and I don't see any other gray names.

Once again, thanks in advance for the replies.
Blue is a Smash Director.

Your name turns grey sometimes for reasons I don't know. It happens to me, and I think it's just random.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think whiffed refers to an attack that has been diminished, like let's say how most of the MK noobs tend to spam whorenado, the damage potential from that attack used again and again becomes less. Although I think soembody else who knows what whiffed means might be able to tell you better.

As for my question, which of Wolf's throws are best to K.O. ignoring any possible follow ups?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think whiffed refers to an attack that has been diminished, like let's say how most of the MK noobs tend to spam whorenado, the damage potential from that attack used again and again becomes less. Although I think soembody else who knows what whiffed means might be able to tell you better.
Actually, a whiffed attack is an attack that misses the opponent and leaves the attacker in a vulnerable position as a result of missing.

:)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Moose in my crew seems to think it's a texas (texan?) accent.

I wouldn't call it an accent : /
In English at least, it just sounds like a a very gruff American accent to me.

Bjay

Smash Lord
My friend said a very similar thing. Cheers btw!

Yeah the only thing I can break it down to is that it's an American accent, I'm just not sure what kind :(

Yet, I'm so curious about it as well lol.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
A very quick question:
I noticed a topic with all abbreviations we use on the boards some time ago...
but I don't remember where it is now :psycho:
Tried using search, but I still didn't find anything, maybe I type wrong key words...
can anyone give me directions please? :laugh:
thanks in advance.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I think Coin Launcher gives you a better chance at getting new stickers, but I'm not sure.

Is there a faster way to make coins than repeatedly defeating Duon on Intense?
Get a few friends over and play Brawl. Or fight Galleom on Intense. He has less HP, I think.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Why does post from topics get deleted? I've seen post from other people disappear to often.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Gimping is successfully preventing your opponent from recovering back to the stage. Resulting in a KO or fall to the bottom blast line. Metaknight is the best gimper in the game.

Top Bottom