• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

M.K

Level 55
I guess there isn't a real definite answer to this question but....

What move(s) have the highest priority in the game?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There's a definite answer.

Probably.

Metaknight's across B and neutral B, and Snake's tilts generally have good priority.
And Marth's Fsmash. I don't know. It's specific, but its akin to asking me which character has the best airdodge.

The best airdodge can be subjective to situation. Ike's fsmash probably wins out against any tilt Snake throws out (I say probably, I haven't tested to see what it clanks with obviously), but is slow and laggy.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There ARE crews out there that have released their own tier lists. They're fairly accurate. Look for the one put out by H2YL. I think they made the thread under their regional discussion (Atlantic South? I don't know, I'm not American lol).

EDIT: It was Atlantic North lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, and M2K, Travis and I have compiled the most accurate tier list in the history of man. There are 7 tiers, and characters are ordered within tiers. (Note that when it gets down to like low tier and sh*t, that sh*t's like a tossup. is lucas sh*ttier than ganon? who the **** knows)

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link

Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
To be honest, I disagree with alot of placements.
But it does have Mew2King's name to it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I know the back room will not make their list official untill until a while, but they wont give updates or 'teasers'? I'de like something to go by temporaraly at least...
I find THIS thread both amusing and informative.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
After playing Brawl for a while, I reckon I'm good enough but I really would like to opinion of other people. But in order to do that, I need to to record my matches. I have absoluetly no idea how to record matches and I don't have a Youtube account. Is there anywhere on SWF where I could request to have recorded matches? I apologise if this is in the wrong place

Kazon

Smash Cadet
little question about tourneys:

when playing in a tourney, am i allowed to change my keybindings?
since i usually play with tab jump off and attack set to R for easier smash boosting

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
After playing Brawl for a while, I reckon I'm good enough but I really would like to opinion of other people. But in order to do that, I need to to record my matches. I have absoluetly no idea how to record matches and I don't have a Youtube account. Is there anywhere on SWF where I could request to have recorded matches? I apologise if this is in the wrong place
Ask Dekuu.

how do you taunt
The d-pad, or 1 or 2 on the Wiimote.

Reptar On Ice

Smash Cadet
I was playing as Marth today and I used his U-smash on an enemy, which typically sends them up, but this time it sent them completely horizontal and when they got to the edge of the stage they went straight up. What's that about...?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ok I have a question I've had for a bit,

What THE HELL is this?:

Where is it from and why do people use it all the time?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I was playing as Marth today and I used his U-smash on an enemy, which typically sends them up, but this time it sent them completely horizontal and when they got to the edge of the stage they went straight up. What's that about...?
The Hitbox is also on the foot and arm whch sends them horizontally.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
If I make a post of a bunch of threads that get locked, and use it as an informational tool of examples of what not to post (not to mention make fun of some of the stuff that I didn't get to make fun of before the thread got locked in the first place), will that get locked as spam or is that a great idea?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's a way of getting around the character limit. Try posting

No.

And click post. You'll see.

If I make a post of a bunch of threads that get locked, and use it as an informational tool of examples of what not to post (not to mention make fun of some of the stuff that I didn't get to make fun of before the thread got locked in the first place), will that get locked as spam or is that a great idea?
PM a mod?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No. Some people will see the funny side, but its still spam.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Okay... what's the ranking system of this site, like, I just don't get it.
I'm a journeyman, I know that I rose up from n00b and child and everything, but I don't know how people become Debaters, Apprentices, etc.

I'm just curious, though.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The main ranking system changes with post count.

500 posts makes you an apprentice.
1000 posts makes you a lord.
I think its like 2000 for master.

To become a debater, you must apply to be able to post in the debaters hall.
To become an Elitist, you must successfully be accepted into the SBR
To become a Writer, you must place within the top 3 of a WWYP contest.
To become a director, you must prove yourself as a director of a large scale tournament.
I'm not sure what the BRoomer title is. Maybe that is it?

Uhhhhh.

There are also alot of custom titles, which are obtained by various means as well.

You used to be able to get a custom title by paying for a premium membership, but smashboards isn't offering premium anymore.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
For some reason, I'm getting e-mail responses from threads really late after a person has posted. Any idea why?

And yes, I've set it to instant e-mail notification.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Mantlecore: No problemo : D

@metaXzero: Hmm. How late exactly? Since it might just be the servers being slow : 3

@1 winged angel: The Back Room is for respected smashboards members, regardless of their input into the competitive smash scene. The Smash Back Room is for the discussion and debate of competitive smash in general. Of course, to be apart of the smash back room, you will have had to make some pretty significant contributions.

EDIT:

@Kynaguy: Orly? I guess that would make sense. But just about everybody who gets into the BRoom never keeps the default title anyway, lol.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
vyse. I post a comment on a thread. 10 people post afterwards. One day later, I get notification of the person who posted right after me...-_-

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
Is there somewhere that has hitboxes for all the character's moves, like you see on Ganondorf's SSBM page on Smash Wiki?

Edit: Thanks vyse for the response.
Also, how do stale moves work? I know it goes 100%, 91%, 83%, etc, but how do they get refreshed?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Is there somewhere that has hitboxes for all the character's moves, like you see on Ganondorf's SSBM page on Smash Wiki?
There is for Melee.

detstar or something. I've fogotten the URL.
=_= If it hasn't been answered, I'll look for it tonight.

@metaXzero:

Try PM'ing Kirby King about it. I don't think I can really give you an answer. You said it was set to instant notification, but just make doubly sure it's not set to weekly notification or something.

Top Bottom