• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Some people may say it makes walking a more viable approach, but it is almost unanimous in smash boards that it was just a bad choice in the game design. How long (in frames) does it take for Yoshi breaking free of his egg after shielding?

Grunt

Smash Master
Some people may say it makes walking a more viable approach, but it is almost unanimous in smash boards that it was just a bad choice in the game design. How long (in frames) does it take for Yoshi breaking free of his egg after shielding?
Too many to be any good.
I don't think we have any good frame data yet, but I'd check the Yoshi boards in case.

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
I have my default subscription mode set to don't send email notifications. But it's still doing it....
If you set your Default Thread Subscription Mode to stop sending notifications, but still get notifications, you may have to do it manually. Go to subscribed threads and tweak some info (delete all subscribed theads and change thread subscription from there).

Now onto my question: How do I transfer Brawl pics from my Wii to my computer? (Is it possible to do without an SD card?)

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a question... ZOMG!

I have my default subscription mode set to don't send email notifications. But it's still doing it....
technically that wasn't a question,, so your good : )
I dunno the answer though, hopefully Feocart is right.

But I do have a question:
Do you have to do classic mode (and all the other single player modes) with all three PT pokemon? If so, can I just do all of it with Squirtle and switch to Ivysaur at the end and get an Ivysaur trophy?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Do you have to do classic mode (and all the other single player modes) with all three PT pokemon? If so, can I just do all of it with Squirtle and switch to Ivysaur at the end and get an Ivysaur trophy?
In order to get the Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard trophy, one must beat classic mode 3 times, each time with a different pokemon. Here's the catch, you have to finish classic mode with a certain pokemon in order to get that trophy (no matter if you start out with a certain pokemon, it will always be the one you finish with).

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
In order to get the Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard trophy, one must beat classic mode 3 times, each time with a different pokemon. Here's the catch, you have to finish classic mode with a certain pokemon in order to get that trophy (no matter if you start out with a certain pokemon, it will always be the one you finish with).
Oh ok, so I just have to pick one I like the most, and switch to them as soon as I start the first match. That was a really quick response btw...

Candide

Smash Apprentice
Two questions for today...
1. I can player-select ZSS by holding R, but how do I select a ZSS computer with items off?
2. Was there any particular reasoning behind preventing me from playing anonymous stock matches online? It's always 2 min timed, which just isn't as fun...

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
1. Terios is the wikipedia of smash
2. A couple ideas were thrown around... It might have been so that we record the matches or they wanted everyone to have a chance to play without waiting a hour for a "wifi room" to open.

Edit: I was wrong

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Two questions for today...
1. I can player-select ZSS by holding R, but how do I select a ZSS computer with items off?
2. Was there any particular reasoning behind preventing me from playing anonymous stock matches online? It's always 2 min timed, which just isn't as fun...
1. I would guess that if you held down R while selecting samus with the computer's token thing, that would work (awkwardly phrased, I know)
2. They have it set up so that you can only do timed matches. I'd recommend the friend finder if you want stock matches.

Candide

Smash Apprentice
Actually I'm pretty sure you can. Hold R with the second controller when you pick Samus. Or something... I know I read about it.
Thank-you

1. Terios is the wikipedia of smash
2. A couple ideas were thrown around... It might have been so that we record the matches or they wanted everyone to have a chance to play without waiting a hour for a "wifi room" to open.

(Hmm... I think the rest of them were aiming nonstop at Sakurai, but he must be quite the dodgy little fella... ) But seriously, waiting's... not a problem. I have summer reading, I have TV, I have food... I wonder at the fact that they must have ignored the consensus by the near-entire Smash community that stock is more competitive, more fair, and more fun... and for those grubby little kiddies who can't sit still a moment, a SEPARATE 2-min option would probably please them even more since the unfun advanced players were duking it out in stock...

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
What decides who picks the rules on a wifi match with friends?
Also, what were you guys talking about "random drops"?

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
1.) Is there any website with all or most of the hitboxes for characters' attacks, as seen on Ganondorf's Melee page?
2.)How does UNstaling a move work? I know how they get stale, but I don't know exactly how they get fresh.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1.) Is there any website with all or most of the hitboxes for characters' attacks, as seen on Ganondorf's Melee page?
2.)How does UNstaling a move work? I know how they get stale, but I don't know exactly how they get fresh.
1) Unfortunately No. You can thank Nintendo and it's anti-Action Replay policy.

2) Knyaguy's pretty much got it. Attacks you do will enter a que of about 10 attacks. The more times an attack appears in the que, the less damage/knockback they'll do. Once you've filled it with 10 attacks, each subsequent attack will take the place of the oldest attack in the que. This is how attacks are refreshed.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
What does the wiki tag do when you post a message advanced... if that makes sense.... Scroll down to the bottom of this page where you can post a message click on the Go Advanced. And on the far right there is a wiki button next to the spolier tag button. What does it do?

Edit: @ Supermetroid Go to the top of the page near the page numbers theres a button which says thread tools click on that and click on subscribe to thread. Also you can go to the User CP and click on Edit Options ther will be a box that says Default Thread Subscription Mode you can go to the side of that and choose if you want it and if you want a email notifction

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
What does the wiki tag do when you post a message advanced... if that makes sense.... Scroll down to the bottom of this page where you can post a message click on the Go Advanced. And on the far right there is a wiki button next to the spolier tag button. What does it do?

Edit: @ Supermetroid Go to the top of the page near the page numbers theres a button which says thread tools click on that and click on subscribe to thread. Also you can go to the User CP and click on Edit Options ther will be a box that says Default Thread Subscription Mode you can go to the side of that and choose if you want it and if you want a email notifction
Ok thank you :)

pktboy

Smash Rookie
So in SSE I pumped up Zelda with all the Magic attack+ stickers I could muster.

I've just been reading a general guide on IGN and it mentions that only the highest Magic attack+ sticker will actually take effect.

Is this true? o.O'

Top Bottom