• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Reddent11

Smash Rookie
Two questions. The first is a terminology question. Wtf is "Tech" or "Tech Chasing" or maybe "Wall Tech" (that's against a wall I assume)

Second question. How the blazes do some people's signatures have professional looking images with their screen names on them? What program are you people using? (i.e Ike is solid or Terios the hedgehog)

Edit: Oh yeah one more thing. How does one start the game as shiek when picking zelda? That would save me from being punished -_-. Same question for ZZS. Can Samus change to zzs without getting a smash ball? I've seen it happen before.

To answer your zelda question, its actually quite simple. When selecting zelda just tap A on the picture of sheik so it Says "Sheik" instead of "Zelda/Sheik"
Hope that Helped!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Two questions. The first is a terminology question. Wtf is "Tech" or "Tech Chasing" or maybe "Wall Tech" (that's against a wall I assume)

Second question. How the blazes do some people's signatures have professional looking images with their screen names on them? What program are you people using? (i.e Ike is solid or Terios the hedgehog)

Edit: Oh yeah one more thing. How does one start the game as shiek when picking zelda? That would save me from being punished -_-. Same question for ZZS. Can Samus change to zzs without getting a smash ball? I've seen it happen before.
1)
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tech
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tech-chasing

2)
Using programs such as Photoshop to create the images. Generally you'll take an existing image, put it onto a banner shape 'canvas' and create it.

Alternatively, you can go and ask for one to be made for you in the 'Artwork Emporium'.

3) To start as Zelda, click on her picture on the character select screen. Her image should become highlighted.

4) To start as ZSS, hold R when you press start on the character select screen and go to the stage select screen. You should start as ZSS.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Ok.
This is a really noobish question, please forgive me.
What does "third party" mean?
I know that Sonic and Snake are, but, are people like Olimar and Wario third party too because their universe only contains one character?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Ok.
This is a really noobish question, please forgive me.
What does "third party" mean?
I know that Sonic and Snake are, but, are people like Olimar and Wario third party too because their universe only contains one character?
Characters or a series not owned by Nintendo. They may make appearances on Nintendo platforms, but other companies have legal rights for the use of characters such as Snake and Sonic.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ya, Olimar and Wario are both Nintendo franchises, so they aren't third party. For example Megaman is made by Capcom, even though many of his games are on Nintendo platforms.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Characters or a series not owned by Nintendo. They may make appearances on Nintendo platforms, but other companies have legal rights for the use of characters such as Snake and Sonic.
Ya, Olimar and Wario are both Nintendo franchises, so they aren't third party. For example Megaman is made by Capcom, even though many of his games are on Nintendo platforms.
OH okay. That makes a lot of sense now. Thanks.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
No, that's not it. I mean the original SSBM Smash Dojo site, like Brawl's Dojo site, but Melee. I found this Japanese site by accident and haven't been able to find it again.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I randomly find references to this sometimes:

It's most likely an internet meme, I think, but where did it come from? What's it supposed to mean?

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Ok so I want to join the debate hall. It says I need to join the debate group. I cant find the debate group. help would be much appriciated.
Go to your CP under networking there is a thing called Group memberships click that and click join Debaters and you send a short message telling them why you want to join and wait for a response

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know how the customizable system of Brawl Music works. Please. I mean, can you just choose certain tracks for certain stages? Can you make them change in the middle of a single match? Do they change each match based on a percentage? It is possible to listen any music on any stage? Is there a list in this forums where I can see which song belongs to which stage? Thanks.

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone direct me to a thread for a brawl tourney IRL, in Texas around the Dallas area? I have no clue where to find one

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know how the customizable system of Brawl Music works. Please. I mean, can you just choose certain tracks for certain stages? Can you make them change in the middle of a single match? Do they change each match based on a percentage? It is possible to listen any music on any stage? Is there a list in this forums where I can see which song belongs to which stage? Thanks.
The My Music section just deals with how often the songs are played. The biggest bar is what will be played the most. The songs shown on each stage in My Music are the only songs you can hear on that stage. Only one song can played per match. Basically, it's not much of a new feature, you're just decideing how random the songs are.

how do i make my avatar bigger?
I think you have to be a premium member to have a bigger avatar, but IIRC I think they're stopping the whole premium member thing.

Can anyone direct me to a thread for a brawl tourney IRL, in Texas around the Dallas area? I have no clue where to find one
Try this:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=40877

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Alright well I've been reading about DI and Smash DI. I need to clear up a few things.

Hitlag = Not moving. Right after you get hit. Visible with Zelda's death kicks, etc.
Hitstun = Moving? Can't do anything but tech and you are flying through the air?

Smash DI is done during hitlag? It completely changes the direction you are sent? Does that mean if I smash DI to the left when I get hit from the left by Samus' charge shot, I could actually fly left instead of right like what would normally happen?

And when I'm in hitstun i should DI perpendicular to the way I'm being sent?

Is that right?

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Okay, another question.

How do you put an URL within a word?
I've seen a lot of things that say Click here and you can see him!
And "here" would lead to a new web page.
How?

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Okay, another question.

How do you put an URL within a word?
I've seen a lot of things that say Click here and you can see him!
And "here" would lead to a new web page.
How?
Follow this, removing all the spaces:

[ u r l = (insert url here) ] (insert text here[ / u r l ]

Top Bottom